San Jose's final goodbye!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Che chico!, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You bet I'm ready :p

2. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    As a Quakes fan who watched the HDC construction cam religiously, who snuck into the construction site, who's bought tickets to about a dozen Galaxy games that didn't involve the Quakes, both at the Rose Bowl and HDC, dragged along LA based friends and even bought them a couple hundred bucks in Galaxy gear, who wrote my club in protest of the mistreatment of traveling Galaxy fans, who's defended your logo, sash and even Cobi Jones the Elder's national team contribution...

...well a retraction would be nice. Some show of solidarity or some small form of protest to AEG would be terrific, but I'll take the retraction.

And sorry, but the loss of the Quakes does diminish your team at least temporarily, just as the loss of the Galaxy would diminish the Quakes.

3. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    A bunch of fans just lost their team and you're pissing all over them.

Class.

4. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I was talking about just a few on here, I cant remember the guys name but he hates the Galaxy more than anything I've seen, if we were moved he wouldn't care, neither would Queefs05.

But I am a bit annyed about the moved, but not all that much, I regret that I'll never see the G's destroying the quakes at the HDC. :(

5. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You couldn't be wronger Sean.

Lee

6. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I suppose thats one way of looking at it. Albeit a shi77y way of doing it.

Whatever dude.

Lee

8. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way in hell that they did enough to save that team, sorry their fault not mine. :rolleyes: Ill miss the rivalry and the fact I never made the roadtrip. After a fwe years when the A's dont move to SJ the city will realized they ********ed it up and reinstate the franchise or place another one in its place. SJ is not essential to the success of MLS, its just nice to have.

9. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

But really, I feel sorry for Goodsport, he just got bitch-slapped and it couldn't have happened to a more innocent poster. :(

10. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I am very sorry for the Quakes fans IF the team does leave, and I did have a season ticket last season and made the pledge the offseason before...but as inappropriate as this may be, it is just too funny.

11. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA
    sO LONG qUAKES! :)

hELLO hOUSTON aEROS!:)

gALAXY STILL ROCK!!!!

12. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    This guy does you proud.

13. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In some sort of twisted way, this is also a loss for us. Every champion had a challenger than brought out the best in him. Ali had his Frasier, the Lakers had their Celtics, and the Galaxy had their Earthquakes. A opponent that you have such hatred for that it eventually brings out the best in a team.

When the Galaxy were heading into the playoffs with a .500 record, and eventually eliminated the highly favored Quakes, the celebration was at an all time high, regardless on how the rest of the playoffs went, we had already accomplished what some people said was impossible, it set the tone for the rest of the playoffs.

I do have some minimal sympathy for the Quake fans, but maybe they are being punished by the soccer gods for leaving the stadium early whenever their team is down.

I also have some sympathy for any Galaxy fan who never attended a San Jose vs Galaxy away game. Being fully decked out in yellow and green, drunk off 7 Heinekens, having Ned Grabavoy knock one in the back of the net this past postseason and having a stadium of 30,000 people in absolute silence is something I will never forget.

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL:D

15. eacorletto

eacorletto New Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Loved this last play-off trip up to San Ho. Oh well........ Loved the rivalry, now am over it!!!!!!!!!!!

16. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    GoodSport has been in hibernation since the Merc confirmed what most of us figured out months ago.

As for his cohorts who headed SSV: they were full of s--t when they started, they have been full of s--t all along, and they are still full of s--t even after the Merc told them that they were f---ed.

AEG will make its escape from "the Detroit of the 21st Century" any day now.

17. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh, Oliver Twist-Tse

You can't have more MLS-bashing mush here.

Go away.

We're Galaxy fans, we'll bash the Quakes to kingdom come, but we think every team in the league deserves a nice stadium and a proud owner.

But we are tired of the one-sided AEG bashing. SJ fans never seemed to look at how their city wasn't doing much to keep the team.

Oh, baseball, yeah, that's where it's at. They shut down the whole stadium project because it would have taken a little of the baseball project's parking lot.

Forget that baseball is never going to move there, anyway,

Weak, weak. Then they'll say they hate AEG forever, completely forgetting the years AEG floated the team.

18. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    monkey poop

You dirty scum.... you all should be licking the the tangy sweatiness between the grizzled folds of your mothers pu**Y lips.

This is no time to revel in ones misfortunes... oh forget it! San Jose is dead and gone. they had a stupid name anyway.

And god forbid there trader joes shopping, flesh-icle sucking 49er and giant fans should support a soccer team.

What do gay men, lesbian women, and new-vo yuppie duche bags really support up there in the bay area? they pay boat loads of money to watch a juiced up cry baby like barry bonds hit a stupid ball into the water.... oh boy!

Grab me an $11 dollar heineken - a $17 dollar (6) piece of california roll and a $8 dove bar and watch the worst baseball team in california play in 48 degree drizzle. People in the bay area are A$$HOLES!!

But San Jose is a dump... I went one year to purchase tickets to a SJ Sharks game 4 years ago. 11am on a tuesday no one at the ticket booth. walked off the concrete steps west toward the adjacent neighborhood and looked across the street which is right next to the stadium and saw not 1 but 2 cars on blocks in the front yards no more than 50 yards away from a huge new arena.

San Jose - you are the armpit of northern california... why dont you secede or commit civic suicide.

The worst part about them leaving, there fans are so pathetic they will watch and take interest even though the team isn't there. And BS will keep up there thread next year and they will still out post our lazy asses 4 to 1.

What does that say about us?

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yOUR CAPS ARE ON!! cHECK THIS NEXT TIME BETWEEN THE TIME YOU ARE PLAYING cOUNTER sTRIKE AND POSTING ON bs. ;)

That Sean has not yet reached the level of Ally-ness? :p

20. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I was up wayyy too late tonight and got to wondering, "What kind of jerseys will Houston produce?" Well Im sure that they wont bring the blue over, so I figure they will continue with the Houston theme and pick some ugly a$$ uniforms...
    [​IMG]
    Well nothing could be worse than those but... I tried:
    Home:
    [​IMG]
    And Away:
    [​IMG]
    I dont know why Im thinking brown, but I am... pretty hardcorely. :cool:
    Maybe they could be sponsered by Enron.

21. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they can't go a day without blaming AEG. And the SJ fans can't follow this logic, I am posting these comments here so as not to intrude on their delusional blamefest.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/13402541.htm

If this "deal" was so good, why didn't the sharks bite. Ha, pun for me!

22. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awe F U. She had a years head-start on me, I'm post king damnit! :D

We all know that I'm the better poster than her, and at least I have a team to support. :p

23. BigT#20

BigT#20 New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Aiken, SC

I think they should get UPS to sponser them (what can brown do for you) LOL

24. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a few hours of sleep I think they are the SD Padres jerseys. Still just lives in my head. ;)
    [​IMG]

25. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those kits are disgusting and make you want to vomit, they and Dero will be well matched then. ;)