Roenick is CLASSLESS

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Walter3000, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2252497

Not that it should be a suprise to anyone though.

Roenick says he "better be" on the US Olympic team for the games. If not and he gets an anchor job with NBA it will be "GO Canada all the way!"

What a Douche Bag.

1.Why would NBC want to give an anchor job to an overrated hack who talks to much but never says anything valuable?

2.JR hays a whopping 11 points in 26 games this season, and at 35 would be nothing but a hinderance to the team's development.

Veteran centers I'd rather see:
    Modano, Weight, Drudy, Rolston, Gomez, even Halpern. But if they want to start getting some youngsters involved too, that is fine with me.

Speaking of which youngsters of any position deserving of a look in the next year or two:
    Dan Fritsche
    Ryan Kesler
    Zach Parise
    Patrick Eaves
    Ryan Suter
    Brad Stuart
    Dustin Brown

I just cannot wait for the future:
    Phil Kessel, not to mention: bobby ryan, jack johnson, jack skille, Brian Lee, blake wheeler, al montoya, drew stafford, patrick o'sullivan, rob schremp, chris bourque

Heres the roster for the USA's national Junior team. The World Championships begin Dec. 25th, with the USA being the favorites.

At the age of 13 Kessel, playing minor hockey, scored 176 goals in a season, with over 100 assists as well. In his first season of major hockey at 14, he had 158 points in 71 games. At the last under-18 tournament he was top scorer and named best player. He has 27 points in 11 games for the USA junior team so far this season, and is expected to be the number 1 overall pick in the next entry draft.

He is already being called the savior of USA hockey,a nd being compared to Sidney Crosby.

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Stu-D is from Rocky Mountain House, AB, Canada, and played for their youth nats at Junior Worlds. Not likely to suit up for Team USA soon.

Agreed about Roenick, though, but you've gotta remember he's auditioning for a TV pundit role after he retires, so I'm guessing he's going even more out of his way than usual to make sure he's in the limelight. He should be, at best, a bubble guy for Team USA, but you know how this team picks players -- any American player anyone's heard of has to be on the squad.

3. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i love you avatar bluemeanie paying homage to captain spalding.

as far as roenick is a loudmouth obnoxiuos clown that he is.

4. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, slip up...Mark Stuart-Colorado College/Boston Bruins draft pick, played on the 2004 World Juniors USA winning team.