Bahrain vs Trinidad & Tobago [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by firedrop, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Post the lineups of both teams. I bet if anything TT never sent their "A" team but I'm sure Kuwait did ;)

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Go back and read the rules on the fifa site. It's been posted so many times, I wont bother repeating it.

3. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    T&T would be lucky to leave the next year's WC with under -10 goal differential, let alone earning a point. Of course, if they bunker down and play 10 in front of the goal they may concede a little less, I guess ;)

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Sorry but that's Bahrain that bunker's down and they're in oblivion as we speak.

And you comment's about Trinidad and Tobago is based on what facts? :rolleyes:

Please enlighten me since you're so intelligent about Concacaf :rolleyes:

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh, probably a little more intelligent than someone who said this ;)

6. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Concacaf teams have down much better than Asian teams at every world cup. In fact an Asian team has never advanced past the group stage outside of Asia. Korea never even won a single match until they were the home team. Every world cup since the 70's has had at least one concacaf team advance to the knockout rounds. T&T actually had to beat some good teams to make it into the world cup playoffs. They won 3 of the their last 4 games to finish 4th in concacaf. Bahrain won only 1 game of 6. I respect Japan and Korea because they are both very good teams, but the performance of the other Asian teams in 2002 was laughable. Saudi Arabia's performance was the worst in world cup history. China and Saudi Arabia finished 30th and 31st respectively. I think Japan and Korea are on the same level of the US and Mexico. Iran is on the same level as Costa Rica, but Asia drops off a lot after that.

7. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rolling on the floor laughing my ass off*

Yeah, a tournament in which you cheated by bringing over age players. You're actually listing that as an accomplishment.

8. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Thats as far as I had to read to know that you really dont know what youre talkting about. Check your facts.

9. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Some of your facts are wrong though I agree about the drop-off. I think it is hard to see within Asia since the teams know each other well and weaker teams often bunker up when they are playing teams better than them, making the games close. I think Saudi is better than what they showed last time and they have made the second round before, so lets see how they do.

10. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003
    proof? dont bother you have none, your obviously talking out of your áss

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Truth hurts doesn't it? The only teams I rate out of Asia are Japan, SKorea, Iran, and maybe Uzbekistan and ofcourse Australia who will become part of your Confederation.

As for the rest of those Arab nations.....I wouldn't comment. BTW, Trinidad & Tobago tied South Korea 1-1 in 2004 :cool:

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Thats your problem, you think Saudi Arabia is a joke and is like Bahrain. Saudi Arabia is one of the best teams in asia, we smashed Uzbekistan and Kuwait at home 3-0 and SK 2-0, and then won against SK away with our reserves. Our team would smash your heads if they would face now, do you remember Jamaica in 1998? TT will be the same as Jamaica, appear once and disappear for a long time.

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What a moronic yank, we reached the 2nd round in 1994 USA, dont even know what happened when your country hosted the WC?!

14. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Wheres your proof moron? Oh you just love to deny everything Saudi Arabia does?

15. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    No, I did not say Saudi Arabia is a joke. I just think they're not as good as SKorea, Japan or Iran. Of course I could be wrong so that will be determined by their showing in Germany 2006. Now for the record, I don't think SA would destroy TT, we played a friendly against you guys and lost 1-2 in 1998. Keep in mind you sent your "A" team and TT team comprised of local players. What does that tell you?. I think any match up you have with us would be closer than you think.

For the record, I'm hoping we get drawn with you guys. :)

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    for your information saudi defeated korea 2-0 and 1-0 this year..........and still u place korea above saudi............

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I look at overall stats. I don't just determine who's better after 2 games :rolleyes:

Show me the stats of both countries in 2005. If Saudi has performed better overall then I will give them the edge. ;)

18. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First person accounts from people who were at the tournament which Saud Arabia "won".

"I was stunned when we went to see Saudi Arabia practice. They were men! There was no way they could have been under 17."

-Claudio Reyna "More Than Goals" page 39

"Our opponents did not look like 16 year olds, and they did not play like 16 year olds."

-Portugal's coach Carlos Quieroz "More Than Goals" page 40

19. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're right, I over looked that one. Still, you haven't done anything note worthy in almost 12 years.

20. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could care less about Saudi soccer or the Saudi people. I'm just laughing at the morons ripping concacaf when our confederation has done far better than the AFC.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm not surprised. Within the Asia region, Saudi Arabia Football Federation has a reputation for corruption at all levels, and they always get away with it because Asian governing body, AFC, is dominated by Arabs.

22. Guus Hiddink Is God

Guus Hiddink Is God New Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Australia
    Bahrain is a disgrace to AFC, not being able to beat a mediocre side like Trinidad and Tobago shows that we have a long way to go before this region becomes a powerhouse of world football. :rolleyes: