Chivas Not Used to Mediocrity

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by ChivasFan87, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ChivasFan87

ChivasFan87 Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fresno, CA
  2. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    chivas has won two championships in 35 years. They haven't won an international trophy longer than that. The mediocrity he's talking about has been going on for 35 years yet it seems like he's trying to say that its recent. I personally don't think that things are going to change much in the near future as long as vergara's with the club ...

3. Euzkadi

Euzkadi New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Durango
    ''[...]replacing him with Spaniard Xavier Azkargorta, whose moustache is more accomplished than his résumé.''

Oh my god, the ownage.

4. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    "Mexico's premier club has hit unprecedented lows"

LOL... Mexico's Premier Club....lol

5. AMW F.C.

AMW F.C. New Member

May 25, 2005
    Legion 1908
    You dam right it Mexico's premier club. They not only have the championships to back it up, but they also have more exposure due to the fact that they have biggest following inside and outside of Mexico, and to tell you the truth, no one knows or cares who America is especially when they lose miserably to Velez.

6. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Premiere means the first team you think of when talking about soccer in Mexico; like, the team that most represents the country... wasn't El Campeonisimo Chivas the first club that put Mexico in the global scene? If anyone knows confirm please (LMvCP se util al menos una vez ;))

Most mexicans I know that were born or living all their life in the US are Chivas UNLESS they are from Mexico City, then they are Americanistas.

7. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Seriously bro....... you should seriously consider using your bucket before you post around here....

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    There is a difference between being a premier club and a popular club. Logic would tell us that being both a popular club and a premier club go hand in hand, but the truth of the matter is that they are mutually exclusive. In simple terms, you can be one or the either.

When Chivas won its 7th league title, America, Cruz Azul, Toluca, UNAM had 0 league titles. By the time Chivas won its 8th league titles, Toluca had 2 league titles and both Cruz Azul and America had 1 title.

Since then, America, Cruz Azul, and Toluca have caught up

America 10
    Chivas 10
    Cruz Azul 8
    Toluca 7

The one argument I hear mostly from Chivas is how they won their league title by leading the standings. I prefer that system of competition myself, but the fact remains that America has led the standings the most in the professional era. So assuming that we didnt have the liguilla, America would then be the sole leader as far as league titles are concerned. But I know what some of the come.mierd.as are going to say--"people let up once they qualify to the playoffs." While that may be appear to be true, America has also been victim of that , WHICH imply that they have led the standings ever far more times.

When Chivas' front office finally decide to accept reality and that they are no longer Campeonismo, things will change. But the problem is that the change will have to come from without -- ie fans.

9. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    [​IMG]

AWW COME ON!... Let's see... WHEN was the last time "Mexico's premier club" has won A TITLE?
    And the one before?
    And the one before
    You Chivas, then, must be really used to disappointments.
    By the way, do you remember who the CHAMPION is right now?

10. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just find out that the blue machine is out of the interliga, but some stinking goats are going!, still this picture put a smile in my face, thanks Goofy

11. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    yea i think chivas have become mediocre as of late, but think of this, the 7 the chivas won, they won them in a year long calendar season, over 36-38 games, and as super lider, nowadays theres 2 seasons a year and the superliderato means nothing anymore, just the form of a team in the liguilla

the titles in todays game are not what they were back in the days with the home and away schedule and the champion being the super lider, what do you guys think?