FIFA 2006 is great

Discussion in 'Games' started by kerowack, Oct 6, 2005.

1. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's no WE, but it's very, very good.

I'm loving it. Anyone else?

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    fun to play

3. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    I like it alot, it's very good.

4. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i have only played it for 2 days and i am already winning on world class
    i love this game so far...but the biggest problems i have with fifa is that it gets toooooo easy

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its great, online makes it way more fun

6. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    It's great but it's hard to keep money on the manager mode. I give it a 9/10.

7. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    True, but if you play Winning Eleven enough, it does as well. Even if you purchase the six star level from the shop, it still can oftentimes not be challenging enough.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    some nice things, but still a very flawed game... all in all though, a step up from last year's version. I hate the fact that keepers never push a ball wide, all rebounds go out towards the penalty spot and nearly all of them find an attacker.

cudos to EA for simplyfying the game and also making things like off the ball movement more realistic and adding a team chemistry factor.

9. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I have seen more and more parries wide this year especially on angled shots and shots to the low post.

10. cm104

cm104 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    GA
    has anyone else unlocked "career teams"? i did but i can't find where to use it.

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I think that's an option to unlock all the teams available at the start of manager mode.

Previously you could select a few, and couldn't pick Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal or any of the other bigger clubs at the start of your career.

Just start up a new management game and see what teams are available to select.

12. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am disappointed with it, too many bugs. I might have look past if it was the pc version but I am playing the ps2 version. Take the time to get crap right before you release the damn thing. I shanked a shot wide by ten feet last night and they called it a goal. My wife was watching me play and she couldn't believe that they gave me a goal. WE for me. Thank god I just rented it and not spent the $$ on it.

13. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its extremely easy if you just watch your salaries...

14. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i also think it's a great improvement from previous versions, although it's not perfect by any means. btw, has anyone else unlocked the world XI team? they are SICK as hell.

my starting lineup with that team:

--------cech

--- staam--terry---nesta

-----viera---gerrard

c. ronaldo---ronaldinho---nedved

------rooney-ronaldo

:D

15. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What formation is everybody using? I'm playing as Fulham and doing quite well with my 4-3-3 but I'd love to be able to edit it to get another striker up front since the wingmen don't really act as strikers, its more of a very attacking 4-5-1.

More than anything else, I really wish there was a formation editor. I run full attacking, Counter attack, Box Overload... default defense. Most of my goals are from Radz or LBM in the corner crossing into Malbranque or C Jensen rushing the box. Lots of fun, but I'd still rather run a 4-2-2-2 than a 4-3-3.

------------Drobny

- Volz - Knight - Goma - Jensen

Malbranque - Diop - C Jensen

Radzinski - McBride - Boa Morte

16. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    4-3-1-2 at Darlo.

Still unbeaten. :cool:

17. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I love the game, but I've been bitten by the phantom goal/no goal bug a couple of times. Sometimes a ball with roll through the net without a goal being credited, while at other times a ball will go wide and be called a goal. :confused:

18. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactlly the problem I have had with the game in the week that I have had hit.

19. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have the Xbox version and if so is it available in HD via 720p?

20. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    So far I've been fired twice as FCD manager. When I finaly realized that I wouldn't be able to keep money with that team (high salaries/low budget), I went to Chivas USA, and I am 2nd place (11 points behind FC Dallas) and the only team other than Dallas to be undefeated on the road. So far I have failed to sign some guy from Valencia, Nunez from FCD, Alvarez from FCD and Danny Callif from LA. I have signed Josh Gros, so that's good. If you use a lower rated team, it is 10x easier to do good in manager mode.

21. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i got fifa 2004 for the ps2 and im wondering if '06 is an improvement over it. should i upgrade just so i can have a creation center or is it not worth the money? also, some of you said it was buggy, would they release a debugged version sometime in the future?

22. rscaramelo

rscaramelo Coach/Hack Defender

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really good except for the online play which is terrible. The lag is incredible. It plays like you touched the slo-mo button. It's not my pc either because there's been tons of complaints on the EA forums. Great versus the CPU, crap online.

RC

23. Is it available for GameBoy Advance? "My son" would love it if so.

24. JFPIV

JFPIV New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite part about FIFA 2005 is the number of leagues and teams that are available. Relative to FIFA 2005 are there more teams and leagues available?

Also, one of the things I don't like about '05 (and this is a small potatoes thing) is that when you create a player, and then you go to call up his "bio" as your moving him in and out of the lineup, you don't see his face like ya do with the guys created by the computer. Has this been fixed.

And yes, I do have OCD.

25. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe it is the same #.

No, that has not be fixed/added. Still a blank face.

I like the graphics for PS2 better this year, last years didn't seem as good. Haven't seen any phantom goals/no goals yet.