Great Bayern & Germany Games for free, anybody interested?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Gregoriak, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    I have the following plan.

Eissman started this thread about the 2001 CL final which he got to see recently thanks to McWeiss sending him the tape. I sneaked into that thread to tell him that Bayern's game at Real Madrid in 2000 was even better. Eissman asked if someone could sent him a copy of that game. That someone will be me. But sending him just one game when I have a couple of other great games would be a wasted opportunity, so I decided to add some fine Bayern & Germany games from the recent and distant past.

They are:

1954 World Cup final: West Germany v Hungary (37 minutes)
    1970 World Cup semi: West Germany v Italy
    1972 Euro Quarterfinal: England v West Germany
    1972 Euro final: West Germany v USSR
    1973 German Cup final: Gladbach v Cologne
    1974 Champions Cup final: Bayern v Atletico (47 minutes, second leg)
    1974 World Cup: West Germany v Sweden
    2000 CL: Real v Bayern (first 8 minutes missing)
    2001 CL: Manchester v Bayern (first seconds missing)
    2001 CL: Bayern v Manchester
    2003 CL: Manchester v Real

These 11 games should fit on 3 or 4 DVDs. Originally I wanted to include the Bayern v Real game from 2000 as well (Matthäus' last game), but I just can't find it anymore.

Now I thought to myself if I sent this stuff to eissman all the way to America, why not let other Bayern fans of the Big Soccer community take part in it? The idea is that eissman will copy these DVDs and then sent them to another Bayern fan, who will then proceed to copy these DVDs for another Bayern fan and so on. Like a chain.

So if people are interested in taking part in this chain, they should let eissman and me know. Of course people would need to have a DVD player in the first place and having a DVD burner wouldn't hurt also.

Now is that a plan?

P.S.: I could also add the 1999 and 2001 CL finals if people are interested.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I'm in..let me know what you guys need.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by Gregoriak
    I have the following plan.

Eissman started this thread about the 2001 CL final which he got to see recently thanks to McWeiss sending him the tape. I sneaked into that thread to tell him that Bayern's game at Real Madrid in 2000 was even better. Eissman asked if someone could sent him a copy of that game. That someone will be me. But sending him just one game when I have a couple of other great games would be a wasted opportunity, so I decided to add some fine Bayern & Germany games from the recent and distant past.

They are:

1954 World Cup final: West Germany v Hungary (37 minutes)
    1970 World Cup semi: West Germany v Italy
    1972 Euro Quarterfinal: England v West Germany
    1972 Euro final: West Germany v USSR
    1973 German Cup final: Gladbach v Cologne
    1974 Champions Cup final: Bayern v Atletico (47 minutes, second leg)
    1974 World Cup: West Germany v Sweden
    2000 CL: Real v Bayern (first 8 minutes missing)
    2001 CL: Manchester v Bayern (first seconds missing)
    2001 CL: Bayern v Manchester
    2003 CL: Manchester v Real

These 11 games should fit on 3 or 4 DVDs. Originally I wanted to include the Bayern v Real game from 2000 as well (Matthäus' last game), but I just can't find it anymore.

Now I thought to myself if I sent this stuff to eissman all the way to America, why not let other Bayern fans of the Big Soccer community take part in it? The idea is that eissman will copy these DVDs and then sent them to another Bayern fan, who will then proceed to copy these DVDs for another Bayern fan and so on. Like a chain.

So if people are interested in taking part in this chain, they should let eissman and me know. Of course people would need to have a DVD player in the first place and having a DVD burner wouldn't hurt also.

Now is that a plan?

P.S.: I could also add the 1999 and 2001 CL finals if people are interested.

Question. Is it only open to Bayern fans?

I would be interested in everything after the 1999 CL Final. Would help to pass them along if I can burn the DVDs on my computer.

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've no clue how to burn DVD's. If that's not a problem (!), I'm in. I'm desperate for past Bayern games/past Germany games. I'm a bit of a historian.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Is that the 73 cup final where Netzer came on late to score???

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IM in too, and so is my DVD burner and my taio-yuden media :)

7. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm in...I will coordinate with Eissman on the North American side...

8. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Excellent.

I forgot to add that there will also be an awesome 90-minutes collection of "Tor des Monats" (Goal of the Month) from 1971-1996. Over 200 great goals.

It’s also open to non-Bayern fans. Anybody that can copy DVDs is welcome!

Yeah, I’m a bit of that, too!

Someone has to be at the end of the chain, though, and out of logistical reasons I would suggest it to be someone that has no DVD burner. :D

That’s the one. The game itself is fantastic, btw, even without the legendary Netzer part.

9. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    JUST TELL ME WHERE TO SIGN!!! :D

anyway - more relevant - i have a dvd-r burner, and numerous blank dvd-r's...

what do i need to do, and how can i help? whoevers in charge, let me know - and big-ups to gregoriak, mcweiss and eissman for being the pioneers of this movement! :cool:

10. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree man. BIG EFFIN UPS to you guys!!!!

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I'm afraid I can't offer anything as my hard-drive crashed a few months ago but I'm in too!!

12. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I call the "end of the line"! And since I can't burn anything...I can pay people, or something.

13. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    OK, basically the thing is that I have to record the stuff on DVD first from video tapes (maximum 360 minutes per DVD), that might take a while. When that is done, I will send the package to eissman who will burn copies for himself and then send the DVDs to the next person in line.

So my involvement stops the minute I brought the stuff to the post office. Next you guys have to make a plan who takes which place in the chain. Once that is established, #2 in the chain gives his address to #1 (eissman) so that he can send the DVDs to him. #2 does the same with #3 and #3 sends it to #4 and so on.

There may be some people that don't have dvd burners (other than BayernWake). They will have to be placed at the end of the chain.

But there's no hurry working this all out just now as I will have to record it first and that may take a while.

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I have access to a DVD burner. So I am fine there.

Gregoriak: do you want those books I was talking about earlier this week? If you leave an adress in the freight I will send them to ya!!!!

15. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    The Franz Beckenbauer book (WC '82) and the football from around the world book? Thanks for the offer mate but I have too many football books already and I got the Franz book.

The best World Cup book by a player that I have read yet is Paul Breitner's "Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft 1982" which he actually wrote himself w/o a ghostwriter. You must look out for that one, it covers West Germany's 1982 World Cup en detail from a blunt insider's perspective. Really interesting.

Breitner wrote another interesting book, btw, in 1980, which was a bit controversial, called "Ich will kein Vorbild sein".

16. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Great initiative! Count me in as well. As far as I know we have a DVD writer at work, but I'll need to check.

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I will still keep my eyes out for you on the reading material! You let me or any of us know if there is anything on this side of the pond you need.

Breitner was always the lively one! :p

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I got to get the W Germany Holland 90 match... I think I can get that here though.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW! Talk about a great variety of German footie. Sweet! How do I get in on this outstanding deal? Whose butt do I have to kiss?

20. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a bit of a request guys - i will probably be transferring to cambridge (england) sometime in august and im guessing that once the dvds will come to north america, theyll be here to stay... so im hoping i can get a hold of them a little earlier in the queue so that i can burn copies before i leave the country... since i have a dvd burner and can easily pass them on, i hope it shouldnt be a problem (this is directed at whoevers organizing this... :eek: )

21. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's clear something up... GREGORIAK deserves 100% of the credit on this one guys... he is really the mastermind. Brilliant Idea and a class guy.

If I haven't said it before, I will most definitely say it now... this is the greatest forum around and the people here are pure class. Props to those who are getting involved on G-man's little "pay-it-forward" plan.

22. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Gregoriak:

Do you have a highspeed internet connection? I think it will be faster to distribute the games using torrents, maybe release 1 game per week? How about Germany's games from WC90, EC92,96? Props to you for the idea.

23. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I'm not a Bayern fan by any means ;) but I'd like to take part too.

I have a DVD Burner.

:)

24. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Everyone is welcome. The more the better.

Sounds like a good idea.

But I'm the wrong man for this technical stuff and all that. Not my area of expertise. You look like the man for the job, so what if I send the DVDs to you and you do the rest? One game per week sounds like a good idea.

What do the others think?

25. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    actually torrents might be the best idea, infact...

i can upload some games too but these are mainly recent games that most others might already have...

aside from the bayern games this season, i have the czech 3-2 holland game from euro2004, and the liverpool 2-1 arsenal game (mellor 92nd min winner - catfish im sure youd be interested in that one ;) )

i will try uploading these via torrents if anybodys interested...