Libertadores 2012 TV coverage complaints, banter, etc. [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by tavoludo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are they seriously delaying by one day the best game of the preliminary (Inter-Once)? just wow! here we go

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: 2012 Copa Santander Libertadores TV schedule

Lol i know, at this point i'm just thankful its on so i'll have to go on media blackout i suppose.

3. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: 2012 Copa Santander Libertadores TV schedule

Yeah I'm upset as well.

4. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i need to ask how maney People have Fox deports in HD I don’t think a lot I say this because it is so hard to watch with black bars god cant fox make the SD one fall screen.
    as for the big game being on Tape that is a joke come on they could use Fox soccer or Fox soccer+ so fans that do want to watch it can do so.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I know Boca Juniores and Rio da Prata is a big deal in that country's league, but I would rather watch Internacional vs. Onze Caldas. This is the Libertadores after all, not a local league contest.

7. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    What a shame. I was going to watch the game at a fellow Inter fans house. Canceled that cause IT WONT BE ON!

The stadium will be packed, it MAY be D'Alessandros last game for Inter (Chinese team offering big bucks) but I dont he leaves. And this is Inters chance to win a 3rd Libertadores while Rivals Gremio is stuck at 2 since 1996.

Inter debuts DAGOBERTO at home (from São Paulo) with Leandro Damião upfront with him.

Anyone know of Online Links for the game?

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your best bet is www.justin.tv. Go to the sports channel, pick soccer, and go from there. Alternatively, go to es.justin.tv and do the same thing. Odds are you'll get something - including the very Fox broadcast which we'll only get as a delayed broadcast on Thursday.

9. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
  11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is not even a local league contest. It is a meaningless preseason exhibition game. Still, it is Boca vs River, and since River is in the B, the summer exhibitions are the only Superclasicos we'll have.

12. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    I picked up Fox Deportes since Inter made it in the Libertadores and noticed that the game apraers surrounded by Black borders ALL THE WAY AROUND the game image. Whats up with that? I have DISH and there is no Fox Deportes HD on Dish. SO is that why Im getting the game as a smaller rectangle with black border all the way around? Its an HD feed on an SD channel?

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yea i have to strech it which destorts quality a little but its far better then espn deportes in terms of quality.

14. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Also, I dont know if this happens for every game, but the Peñarol game was being called from a studio (which I have no problem with) and they not only missed the fans "recibimiento" but the crowd noise was VERY low throughout the whole game. That takes away from the fun of watching a game

15. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    I think Fox Deportes is available on HD only in South America, otherwise it would be much more expensive.

16. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Atletico Nacional vs Universidad de chile arguably the game of the week is going to be shown in a one day delay! are you facking serious! what is going on on tuesday night that is so important to not show this game. Im serioulsy pissed off, i was looking forward to this game for so long.

17. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fox Deportes could easily show this game live. It is being played at 9:30 PM ET / 6:30 PM PT. It is getting pre-empted by a repeat of a UEFA Champions League match between Bayer Leverkusen and Barcelona — a game also being repeated on Fox Soccer Channel an hour earlier that night! Why show it on both? Bad move by Fox.

18. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dumb move by Fox, so far all the games featuring Colombian teams haven't been live.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hoy prefirieron pasar un enlatado repetido de la champions!!

y cuando podian empezar 80 minutos tarde, pasan una babosada de cuerpo mayor: cronica de un para de tipos que solo gritan y gritan, despues informan.

:mad:

LPQLP

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Is it just me or is FSE showing more replayed UEFA CL matches instead of live Libertadores matches this season compared to previous seasons? :(

It sucks, but I guess after Europe moves their clocks to daylight savings time it won't be such an issue.

21. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not just you i was going to post about the same thing. i think Fox is doing it wong there is a time to show replayed UEFA CL matches that is late at night like 2:00 am i am not saying the UCL sucks god no i watch both UCL and the Copa but when you got a chance to show a game live you do it. dose fox no they could make a whol day of Soccer call it Xmas in the spring or some thing like that.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Right on and I would that for the repeats of Champs League matches, both Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus have more than enough time slots.

23. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    The only thing we have to hope with the assholes of Fox Deportes is to hope that teams from your own country being pared with mexican clubs at the same club. That way, you will be guaranteed the games live, otherwise you have to pray. I still don't understand why they show delayed champions league games, fox soccer and fox soccer plus should do that.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's what I thought. But as I said, I think this problem will fix itself after Europe changes their clock. Currently CL matches kick-off at 1945 GMT, which means the replay on FSE start at 2145 or 2200 GMT. The earliest Copa Libertadores matches kick-off around 2245GMT (or 5:45 pm Eastern).

So right now there is overlap between the replay and early Libertadores kick-offs, but after the clock change everything in Europe will occur one hour sooner. So we should be okay then. :)

25. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    They have been doing this crap for years now at FoxDeportes.
    And it doesn't make sense, cause Foxsoccer repeats each champions league game 20 times.