Comets at Lancers

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Joey Tee, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look how good this field looks...especially the giant logo in the middle...Rochester owners, thank you for taking this seriously.

Sincerely,

Fan

2. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    The having no sound is already better then the Norfolk broadcast

3. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha! cheers to that! the guy in the booth looks like he will be 1,000 times better if they can get the sound going

4. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    crowd high 3's low 4's?

5. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just noticed the clever uniform design of the Lancers....the shirt and the shorts combine to form a lance on the side....cool....and yes, Rochester is doing it up right! The field looks great!

6. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh my!! What a bike!!!

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think that's a coincidence, but I do like their home uniform. I mostly like that it's more than one color and it's kind of a throwback style.

8. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent job Rochester!!! You'd think the Norfolk people would feel rather foolish watching other teams web feeds

9. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Twitter Feed said 6,500+. Really good looking game, wish the sound would have worked. That bicycle kick was very impressive. Not as good as Chili's last year but still cool.

I think the Lancers are going to have a good team, just might take them awhile against the likes of KC, MKE and Balt. But Lancers have put a good team on the field and if you have 6,000 plus people attending your home opener that is a good sign.

Comets are 3-0 heading into a big weekend vs. Blast and Wave. We will see where this team really is after next weekend.

10. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow! I was wayyy off...thanks MM!

11. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    It's a pretty big arena. I think the Lancers should take the glass down on the sides. Would get the fans more involved and they would buy seats closer to the field. A lot of open seats in the first 5-10 rows.

12. bdaly

bdaly Member

Apr 28, 2011
    A good crowd, good presentation, but lots of work to do on the field for the Lancers. I'm not surprised that the business side is solid given the ownership. Lots of folks sat up high due to the kids free ticket deal with an adult ticket purchase.

I sort of feared there might have been a bit too much focus on getting familiar names, versus getting good indoor players. (Martinez not playing, Hoxie looked rough, and he never impressed me as someone who would do well in indoor.) But, some guys show potential, while other guys have a ways to go. I did think Salles was solid though, and he could have set a few up if guys were better positioned. All in all, considering the opponent, they hung around okay and looked pretty decent at times.

It looks like there's an "A" league and a "B" league right now. Next week's Syracuse game should be a lot more interesting, and they should be able to take more chances and open things up a bit more.

13. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I see it, two of the four MISL expansion teams had successful opening nights and appear to be on the right track. A third, Syracuse, had a so-so opening night, and Norfolk had a disappointing opening night.

14. SoccerTown USA

Mar 20, 1999
    I was hoping for that too, but it looks like there is a hockey game scheduled tonight and they had the glass set up for that.

15. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    That would make sense. I'm sure they will have it down then for the rest of the games.

16. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And look how good the scoreboard looks--Comets win! Comets win!

17. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States