Jordan Seabrook trial with GAIS

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by iamalfred, Sep 21, 2011.

1. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    USL player Jordan Seabrook is currently on a trial with GAIS in swedish Allsvenskan. Apparantly his girlfriend lives in Gothenburg so he is now looking to find a club to play for in the city.

The GAIS director of sports commented:
    "He has looked alright, but we don't know if anything will happen. It will be for the January transfer window if it does. We won't be making any decisions before this season is over and we know what players are leaving and what types of players we will need."

2. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I stumbled across his name again today by accident while looking for other things, apparantly he has now also had a trial with FC Haka in the finnish league and played in some sort of game with them. I think another american named Paul Torres also took part. I don't know finnish so the details are a little fuzzy :p

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That could be this Paul Torres -- former YNT pool player, but apparently not a citizen:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1781471

Never seen him play, but the scouting report on Seabrook in college was that he was really, really fast. He was drafted by the Rapids, but didn't stick. He got a U20 callup a while back, too.

4. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He did spend 2 weeks with Haka late last year and played in a "training match" which I assume is some kind of scrimmage or friendly.

He did fairly well and is back at Haka now and expected to play in a couple of Cup matches next week against Mariehamn on Monday and TPS on Friday.

The manager wants a little more depth in the attack so Seabrook may have a decent chance of landing a contract if he performs well this week.

5. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played most of the match in their Cup victory over IFK Mariehamn today. He was taken off in the 90th minute.

6. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
  10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Where were they using him? I wonder if they're thinking he might be a candidate to a move back a line or to -- more of a wing defender or midfielder role. He's certainly got speed.

11. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
  12. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

Seabrook scored a goal and made an assist when Enköpings SK beat Enköpings IS 3-1. The paper say that the club hopes to finalize the squad on tuesday, so I'll guess we'll soon hear if they sign him.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Newspaper UNT write today that the Enköping squad is just about finalized but they have decided to keep the door open for Seabrook. They have brought him with them to their preseason training camp in Turkey where Enköping beat a turkish third division team 1-0 today. The article doesn't mention if Seabrook played in the game though.

15. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I just stumbled across Jordan Seabrooks blog - oneyankabroad.blogspot.com - where he apparantly has been documenting his time trialing in first Finland and now Sweden. In his latest entry he writes that he has just signed a four month contract with Enköping.

It's not exactly next door but it's alot closer then Finland! :)

[​IMG]

16. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

Jordan Seabrooks Enköping are newly promoted to the northern half of the third tier just like Andrew Stadlers Sandviken, however their start to the season couldn't be more different. Enköping has lost all four games so far which obviously leaves them in last place currently.

Seabrook has played in the three latest games and here's how the local newspaper has rated his performances:

Game 2, rating: 1/5
    A failure. Is supposed to be a difference maker, but was invisible except for his fair hair and waving for the ball.

Game 3, rating: 2/5
    Dificult to judge. Was lousy in the first half and lost the ball out of bounds at least six times. Came back strong in the second half and was really good. Still though more is demanded from a player who is supposed to be a leader in the team.

Game 4, rating: 3/5
    The new signing will be important for Enköping this season and this game was no exception. He pressured Frej, stole the ball and ran past the defenders. The left back stood no chance against him.

So at least a positive trend for Seabrook, maybe a 4/5 rating in the next game?

17. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Seabrook had a very nice assist last week, as can be seen in the video above. Other then that it doesn't look like things are going that well for him or Enköping in general. His playing time seems to be decreasing and Enköping are stuck in last place with only three points in the first nine games.

Game 5, rating: -
    No ratings published from this game. Seabrook played the first 58 minutes.

Game 6, rating: -
    Played only the last 8 minutes which was too short to receive a rating.

Game 7, rating: 2/5
    "Played nearly 30 minutes but were nowhere to be seen. A flop signing?"

Game 8, rating: -
    No ratings published for this game but Seabrook was taken off after 43 minutes and the manager had some tough comments on his performance afterwards: "I came close to taking him off after 30 minutes already. We can't have free passengers on the pitch".

Game 9, rating: -
    Stayed on the bench throughout the game.

18. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
  19. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    The local paper had a short talk with Seabrook after the latest game while he was eating a hamburger (yes, they were that specific). He said that he would be open to stay for the rest of the season. However at the same time the people running the club also commented that in a last attempt to avoid relegation they want to bring in semi-retired players who used to play in the top two tiers of swedish football. Unclear where they will get the money to do this considering that the manager declared in the previously posted article that the club doesn't have the economy to play in the third tier and barely even in the fourth. And finally to highlight how bleak the situation looks the paper have decided not to post player ratings for Enköping games because "it would be too harsh considering the situation of the team". They did note that Seabrook was one of the better players in the lastest game.

20. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From his blog:

"I really haven't had much to talk about since I've been back in America.... I will post at least once a week until I starts trials/sign with a new club next year...."

http://oneyankabroad.blogspot.com/

626 minutes over 11 matches in the 2012 Veikkausliga:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jordan-seabrook/leistungsdaten/spieler_176172.html

Assist at 2:00 on 10/22 vs. Honka:

Assist at 1:46 on 10/1 vs. HJK Helsinki:

Nifty backheel assist at 13:24 on 8/22 on the wrong end of a 9-2 beatdown vs. TPS aka "The Report":

His Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JordanSeabrook