ADIDAS THREAD [9] - all info, pics, questions here plz.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think a big problem these days, with most manufacturing businesses not just football boots, is that profit takes far too much importance over pride.

Obviously these companies need to make a profit otherwise theres no point them bothering but it seems so many companies would rather send out a piece of crap product that makes them a load of money but annoys a lot of people than make something great for less profit. They just dont have as much pride in what they're making anymore, probably because the companies have got so big and faceless, why would they care when they have so much money?

2. kelani9

kelani9 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys, just because we know the reasons behind the companies' actions; that doesn't make said actions right or acceptable. Stop giving them excuses and stating the obvious. I don't get bored of my black morelia Japan. In fact, I'm bored of infrared, electricity, anodized purple, and blue spark or whatever hideous color that they add to every adipower...

3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree regarding bright colours. At first, I thought bright boots were 'cool' (more fool me) but now you see every player wearing them. Most of them aren't even good.

At the end of the day, times are changing. The markets demand light, powerful, and comfortable boots.

Gone are the day when comfort and fit were a necessity, it revolves around lightness now. Everybody looks for something difference, but brands like Nike and Adidas are proving extremely frustrating for a select number of people with their emphasis on EVERYTHING LIGHT.

4. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's all about marketing that includes PLANNED obscolence but also PERCEIVED obscolence. Nike, Adidas, Puma and Umbro have become grandmasters of these 2 combined. They don't care that their boots only last 3-6 months because by then new colourways or even models have come out, and most people will think their boot is out of date. INCOME is all that matters as stated before. Yes some companies may make better boots that others but at the end of the day EVERYTHING is made to break. On average we dispose of 90% of things we buy within 3 months, a harsh statistic.

5. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    It might be obvious but it's a 100% legitimate excuse, planned obsolesce keeps the economy going and is keeping jobs around. If everything lasted a long time people wouldn't keep buying thus many jobs and businesses wouldn't be around. There's an interesting documentary that i think every economist and designer should watch, "Light Bulb Conspiracy" you can watch it on youtube as well, it's all about planned obsolescence and the history of it.

6. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know that planned obsolescence has been around for a long time. However, it was for a trade off in terms of efficiency (energy efficiency for the light bulbs) and costs savings that get passed on to the consumers.

Yet, the soccer boots today are produced by companies using planned obsolescence with profit margin and revenue in mind. With that being written, I agree with JC, markdd, and kelani in that as a consumer, if I am paying $200+ for a pair of soccer boots, I expect quality and craftsmanship. It's a shame that due to the dollar sign, that the quality of the product has to suffer.

7. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Anyone else noticed that the price of Copa's has went up recently??
    The RRP was £80 but you were able to get them for £60-65.
    Now places i look the RRP is £105 & selling for £80.

Has there been an update to the boot?
    I remember seeing some1 post pictures from a 2012 Adidas catalogue last year at somepoint that had the new adizero's etc in it & i think it had a listing of copa's & world cups & an update due this year. Am i right on this?

Wouldnt want to buy a pair at a higher price & get a older version

8. Thepumaking7

Thepumaking7 Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

Amd they are K-leather as well not Taurus as previously stated.

Good thing I am going to see my rep on Friday so I can get my order in for the Black/Slime colorway

10. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

Amd they are K-leather as well not Taurus as previously stated.

Good thing I am going to see my rep on Friday so I can get my order in for the Black/Slime colorway

11. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's Taurus leather buddy. I guess we were all wrong about what that logo stamp on the Adipure meant all along...

13. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In Shep's defense, the Soccerbible article did say it was K-Leather when it went up earlier today, they've only just amended it in the last couple of hours.

14. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That logo stamp is just the symbol for leather. Every leather footwear has it on the tag or shoe box or whatever.

It doesn't mean what type of leather it is.

15. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    can someone post a picture with BOTH their adizero micoaches soleplates (studs up) im curious to see if both boots have the chamber or just one of the two. left and right boot.

16. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chamber is in the left boot but their is a bump on the right boot but no way to insert the micoach device in the right boot.

17. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Very true I was a victim to false information , but I have to say the fact that it's Taurus leather does not bother me that much as Both my Predator X and RX are Taurus and I have not had any issues with them and they have actually lasted much longer than my Powerswerve's. And I won't mind if they are made from lead.. they match our Kit exactly and have everything that I need.

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They looked like they are shaped really well....I don't mind the adiPower dying if this is going to fit in a smilar way. I never really felt the rubber did much for me, so that is not a big loss, IMO. They look somewhat well built too, could adidas be turning a corner between these and the new adiZero that everyone is saying seems well constructed?

I guess only time will tell.

19. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "The change of upper has seen the adiPure 11pro ditch the shackles of being a standard ‘heritage’ boot. The adiPure 11pro features an ultrasoft Taurus leather upper that has been made famous by the Predator range. This covers the majority of the boot, however, the main kicking area of the boot features k-leather. The k-leather areas are coated with a new DuraCoating to protect the upper." - Soccer reviews

Looks like there is a lot of confusion about the upper maybe it's like Soccer Reviews State some sort of Hybrid part K-leather part Taurus upper. Hopefully i will get my hand on them this weekend and will be able to tell you guys when I get back

20. Ryan2323

Ryan2323 New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Club:
    Burnley FC
  21. Seven07

Seven07 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Which size?

22. Ryan2323

Ryan2323 New Member

Jan 11, 2012