Nike thread [15] all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Perhaps that different from the first purple to be released of this version, and the latest one :)

2. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think he means the brand new purple ones.

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The current purple Vapor is made in Bosnia; the original purple Vapor in this model was made in China, along with all the other Vapors up to the volt colorway. At that point they started being made in Bosnia.

I have seen photos of the box for the current CR7 and they are Bosnia as well, I would only assume that the white model is also Bosnia.

I played in them tonight, BTW. I was pretty impressed compared to other Vapors I have worn in terms of comfort. They are very padded and stable; because of that they don't really feel like anything I have ever worn before. I have still not found a way to describe it. One thing I noticed is the studs give a lot of grip, and also grab/stick to the ball when you are using your sole to roll and control the ball. This is a good thing, at times I feel like other boots offer less in this area and I use the outsole a lot when holding up the ball, and stopping my run to change pace and direction.

I am excited to play in these a bit more.

4. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    my tiempo elites are way too tight:(

And they don't feel like they're gonna stretch at all.

Length wise they fit fine, its just width that's killing me. The flywire doesn't help in this scenario.

Its weird cos i've never had issues with width before..

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bryan over at soccercleats101 said his were tight in the length and width I believe, he had to size up and I think they were still reported to be stiff. I have not read the review on them in a while, but I think that was the gist of it.

Personally I have never liked the flywire stuff; I tried out some SuperFly's and they felt stiff because of it, and my running shoes with it ripped because of it. I get the concept, and I think it is innovative, but I just don't think it works well in practice, just in theory.

6. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's weird as when I tired them on they didn't feel tight width wise at all and I have wide flat feet. Did you go half size down to accommodate the stretch?

Maybe your just going through the breakin period. With my x-top they was very tight. They have Kevlar stitching in the mid foot to stop it boot losing its shape as well as very thick Adidas stripes so it took a while to mold to my feet but now they are perfect.

Try using very thin socks.

7. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I went half a size down cos that's usually what I do with Leather boots. I've even slipped them on barefoot and it still irritates me. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right foot :-/

8. Seven07

Seven07 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Chivas - My buddy ran into a similar issue with the Tiempo being a bit to tight. They can be stretched out but not a huge amount. I would recommend fitting a tennis ball inside to allow for them to mold a little larger around the ball.

9. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    interesting, I didn't come across this, infact they are a prefect fit for me. Maybe another wear and they will be nicely broke in,

the only thing i did notice is, i like my boots really tight and first try i tied them up tight, couple this with the fact i went 1/2 size down for the leather and my foot nearly fell off.