Didier Domi gone?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Jul 15, 2011.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    While it has not yet been confirmed there are indications that Didier Domi's days in a New England uniform are done. He wasn't on the bench for the United match and was not at training today, and Nicol gave no comment on his whereabouts to Kyle McCarthy today.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet another failure. Man ... just once can we actually have an international player actually work.

3. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Domi is one of the fellas the front office touted as an example of them going out and improving the team, right?

That has really worked out well. How many matches as Dabo played?

Perovic and Stolica are gone as well.

There was also Edgaras Jankauskas!

When does someone lose their job for wasting so much money and completely failing to build a competitive roster.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never. There's not been any repercussions in that front office even though this team continues to drop ... but nothing changes. Basically the Revs front office has no worries, succeed or fail, nothing happens. Of course, there's not been any success for a while.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    For those keeping track the departures of Perovic, Stolica, and possibly Domi could clear up between $546,000 - $561,000 in salary cap space.

6. Chaik

Chaik Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    So what? There is absolutely no evidence suggesting that money will be a.) used and b.) used effectively.

7. rscaramelo

rscaramelo Coach/Hack Defender

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they making room for the Man on the Horse? Oh wait that was BS from 10+ years ago. It all just blends together.

8. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Where is the bottom? Things seem to be getting worse and worse with this team. I am not even sure we have seen the worst.

9. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Which they will waste on another failure.

The changes need to happen at the top.

10. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Au revoir, Didier. Ne te laisse pas la porte moustiquaire frapper la derriere en sortant.

11. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Where are we in regards to the number of roster spots required to be filled vs. the number we're actually filling? Am I remembering correctly that there was a new rule passed this season requiring a minimum number (in the 20's) to be filled?

And c.) even if they did it's too fu(king late.
    According to this chart we have a 2.8% chance of making the playoffs: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS.html

Maybe if they had met their "goal" of bringing in those multiple DP's or single DP and four $200,000 players like Bilello had talked about in October...
    And expect the same monkeys making the same mistakes to still be in charge next year.

12. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually afraid that the team WILL get a DP in the transfer window..or name someone and have it be just another FLUFF JOB...and the guy will be just another EJ,OD..and just that they're gonna pay him like 523k!!! And say..OK Everyone!! HERE'S YOUR DP..NOW SHUT THE FOX UP..!!!

13. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why should there be? These were clearly all the absolute best decisions that could be made at the time. You just don't have "all" the information. In fact, they we fricking genius moves. :rolleyes:

Don't even think about it. They will either find a way to fail at signing anyone (leaving the space unused) or they will sign a >35 yr old, fat, injured, and disinterested player (wasting the space).

I have no confidence in SN and Burns. Fire them first.

14. thebigfluff

thebigfluff Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ipswich MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we just released Domi?

15. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It works though, right? We have fans that when a player is brought in and people question the move (ala Dabo specially), we're told it's too early for us to judge. When he fails, we're told we're using 20/20 hindsight. Perfect ... they can't ever be wrong.

16. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D Very funny. It is hard to really differentiate any of them isn't it?

Sad but true.

17. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So complete recap of international signings since the beginning of 2010, in somewhat chronological order:

Niouky: Possibly the only Revs player in the past 5 years worse than Khano, released mid-2010 season.

Perovic: 2010 Team MVP, severe knee injury in 2011, option declined (possibly/probably unfairly).

Linck: Barely saw any playing time, cut in 2011 training camp

Stolica: Only forward of the past 2 years who's shown even the slightest talent for actually scoring, "loaned" then released for reasons unknown.

Domi: Showed flashes of being an impact defender, then caught the inevitable injury bug, now on his way out.

Dabo: Hurt slightly less often than Jankauska, less interest in actually playing than Jankauskas.

Coria: Starting-quality MLS CB, probably should have been playing over Cochrane all season.

Augustine: Apparently so bad he couldn't even get playing time in reserve games, cut midseason.

Lekic: Danish Superliga top scorer and Best XI, arrival in MLS marred by constant complaining and Steven Seagal-like touch with an actual soccer ball.

Wow, when you actually write it out that's a pretty staggering failure rate.

18. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man, This whole thread if full of LOL:

Revs just signed Didier Domi
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631580

How is it that almost everyone can see this an iffy signing? Almost ever other post mentions concerns about his health and age. People were obviously a bit happy about the Revs making a signing, but you can see how reluctant we all were to label this as a great signing. We had barely even laid eyes on the man and just from looking at his Wiki and other source could see the potential for injury problems.

Also, looking back on this quote from Domi, really pisses me off:

"Je m’en vais aux Etats-Unis. Je vais m’engager avec les New England Revolution. J’ai visité la ville de Boston et j’ai découvert les installations de ce club américain. C’était un choix de vie plutôt qu’un choix de carrière. Je veux vivre une nouvelle expérience."

"I am going to the United States. I'll get involved with the New England Revolution. I visited the city of Boston and I discovered this American club facilities. It was a lifestyle choice rather than a career choice. I want a new experience"

Talk about red flags :rolleyes:

19. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gone? I didn't realize he was ever here in the first place.

20. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I just realized something...Coria is still on loan. If the Revs decline the buy option or he wants to go home, NOT A SINGLE ONE of the Revs' international signings from 2010-2011 will have stuck.

21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bien sur, Jean.

Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining
    A Broken clock is right twice a day. Of all the signings since 2010, Coria and Lekic are the only two even remotely productive. Got no problem with Coria, but that is a hell of a track record.

At what point is there accountability, at what point?

22. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say this about Dabo: he outlasted Domi. Why, I'm not quite sure. Anyone?

23. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am available. :D

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I have no idea. Dabo has played 3 games this year, for a total of 148 minutes. And he's listed as out for this week apparently...?

Domi started 8 games (played 9) for 680 minutes.