Utterly co-pious! Twente 2011-2012 [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I shared the same view with Paga. JN originally thought that the referees favor the top team, but later on she corrected herself and said that the referees are in fact favoring the home team. To me this is quite obvious (no hard research needed). The pressure from thousand of home fans alone can rattle the referee and their decision making, especially in split second, can be somewhat affected by this.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    By pointing out to me that I misinterpreted what she said, you understand what was wrong with it.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    afcajax73 was right though. So props to him.

The fact that the home team has an advantage on the ref has always seemed pretty obvious to me but is also irrelevant in a 2 leg game.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks HSS, I did misinterpreted what she said though. I thought she tried to turn something around which wasn't the case in the post where she corrected herself. :)

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I for one would greatly appreciate if this thread stopped being about me and started being about football in general and Twente in particular. People on the Dutch board have already made up their minds about me. Additional character assassination attempts serve no other purpose than to feel better about yourselves.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    +1 there are plenty of other threads to make these kinds of comments or you can always start your own.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So the NOS are showing the Van der Sar/Ajax charity game live and are not showing Twente's first CL game live. How hilarious is that. Here's hoping that Lucky Ajax aren't playing at the same time as Twente in the next CL round. I mean clearly the vast majority of Dutch people would rather see Sjaak Swart play a friendly than Chadli in the CL. You know it makes sense! This isn't slagging off Ajax, this is slagging of a public broadcaster financed by my tax money.

Anyway on tomorrow night's game, Ruiz not fully fit yet, he won't play, and Rosales not back yet. Otherwise everybody's fully fit. So Berghuis likely to start on the right wing, I hope the boy doesn't choke on this stage, and Cornelissen substitutes Rosales on the right back position. Then there's left back, which would normally go to Tien Tien Tien Tiendalli but he's suspended for the CL, so I've no idea who will play there. Adriaanse has tried a couple of options in the pre-season but seems to have no preference for a specific player. I'm guessing it'll be Buysse. The only other question in the line-up is whether Adriaanse starts with one or two strikers, and if he starts with one, who that will be.

To the Dutch, the game is live on eredivisielive. I am going to the game myself.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh and we're trialling a two metre tall (!!!!!!!!) young south African central defender, Erick Mathoho. A transfer fee has already been agreed upon apparently but I guess they want to see how he settles in here first. No mystery here, club probably hoping that he'll turn out to be a Douglas replacement.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I lolled.

I agree that the NOS is shit. The public channels are just as commercial as the rest of them. They just abuse their subsidy to limit the amount of commercial advertisement they have to show to pay Jack van Gelders salary. But from a commercial standpoint I can understand that they will show the Van der Sar Testimonial game. I bet a lot of people prefer to watch legends from Ajax take on the legends from Man U. Seeing that the game is almost sold out already while Mihaylov has to urge Twente fans to come support them in their CL home game. Just 10.000 tickets sold thus far...

http://voetbal.tctubantia.nl/fc-twente/mihaylov-roept-supporters-op-naar-arnhem-te-komen

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This is in the midst of this region's summer holiday period, a lot of people are away, and we're playing in Arnhem and not in Enschede so basically playing our home game away from home. To be honest I think 10,000 tickets sold is a lot all things considering, including the fact that no-one's ever heard of Vaslui.

I know the Ajax game is probably going to attract a bigger audience. That's not the point though. Commercial interests are guiding the tax payer funded public broadcaster. Which is all sorts of wrong from a Dutch tax payer's point of view. What is the bloody point of having a public broadcaster if they're going to be no different from the commercial broadcasters. To be honest I don't see the point of them broadcasting professional football at all. If there's one thing best suited for commercial stations it's football. If these commercial stations then would decide against Twente live games fair enough.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Not even played on the same date so there really was no reason to mention Ajax. Twente games have a habit of not being broadcasted so there's nothing new here, Twente doesn't draw the same amount of viewers as the traditional top 3. We've been over this before and added with the fact that nobody has heard of Vaslui makes the decision even more understandable. I'm sure the games in the next round will be live against a better known opponent. :)

VDS is an icon so naturally the NOS wants to give him the honour that he deserves and to be honest the talent on display concerning both games is miles apart. NOS will show highlights of the Ajax '95 - Oranje '98 and show the current Ajax vs. Sir Alex Ferguson Allstars making your comment on Sjaak Swart absolete since he will play no part.

You say Chadli against Valui, I say Eriksen against Ferdinand, Vidic, VDV, Del Piero, Seedorf, Litmanen etc. :p

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's the first time in the history of CL football that a CL qualifier by a Dutch club is not broadcasted by Dutch television. How many viewers Twente attracts ought to be totally irrelevant to the Dutch public broadcaster. They finance the Hindu broadcaster. Who have fewer members than Twente has season ticket holders. Their legal mission is to serve minorities in Dutch society. Why this mission does not extend to matters football related nobody knows. As almost fifty percent of my wages go to the Dutch government I for one would like to know why my money goes to the Hindu broadcaster and to Ajax friendlies rather than to Twente CL games that are actually relevant to the status and real interests of Dutch club football in general.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I understand your concern, but a lot of the moaning by Twente fans are directed at Ajax for a decision that was made by the NOS.

Cutbacks from our current government may have something to do with it. It's cheaper to show 1 testimonial than a whole qualifying round of the CL.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This is F all to do with Ajax. This is about my tax money financing a broadcaster that makes decisions on the same basis as a commercial broadcaster while paid for by public money. My tax money is ill spent on this. Again I would be fine with this decision if this was a commercial broadcaster. But it is not.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Privatize the state broadcasting network and let the market decide what will and will not be broadcast.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Likely line-up for tonight's game:

----------------------Mihaylov---------------

Cornelissen------Wisgerhof-------Douglas-------Buysse

------------Brama------Chadli------W. Janssen-------

Berghuis-------------De Jong--------Bajrami

And an insight into Adriaanse's tactical brain in AD today hehehe. ABC football! Sorry it's in Dutch, maybe someone has time to translate it.

Het ABC van Co Adriaanse

Twente vanavond met pressievoetbal in voorronde CL© anp
    De laatste keer dat Co Adriaanse met een Nederlandse club in het voorportaal van de Champions League acteerde, staat nog helder op het netvlies. Het was de zomer van 2001 en een ultra-offensief Ajax liep zich in eigen stadion te pletter op een gluiperig counterend Celtic. De 19-jarige Rafael van der Vaart speelde één van zijn eerste grote wedstrijden. In de Amsterdamse aanvalslinie bestookten liefst vier spitsen vergeefs het Schotse doel. Dat Ajax de return twee weken later wel won, kon de uitschakeling niet meer voorkomen. Met FC Twente krijgt Adriaanse vanavond tegen FC Vaslui een nieuwe kans.

In de oefencampagne leerden de Twente-spelers de afgelopen weken schakelen tussen de A-, B- en C-varianten die ze van Adriaanse moeten hanteren bij het druk zetten op tegenstanders in balbezit.

A
    Adriaanse, met geamuseerde blik: 'De A is van aanvallende pressie. Als ik daar het sein voor geef, dan jaagt onze centrumspits helemaal door tot bij de keeper en ook elders op het veld laat iedereen zijn man los en beweegt tien tot dertig meter vooruit richting bal', zegt Adriaanse in het AD.

B
    'B staat voor behoudende pressie, dan laten we de tegenpartij eerst even opbouwen en storen die opbouw halverwege hun helft. En C staat voor controlerende pressie. Stel, we komen met tien man te staan in een wedstrijd. Dan kunnen we terugzakken tot op onze eigen helft en dan druk zetten.'

C
    'In die C-variant is er trouwens nog wel een kleine ontwikkeling zichtbaar. Die heb ik de afgelopen jaren verder verfijnd tot een C1- een en C2-optie.'

Dat 'ABC-voetbal' leverde tot nu toe bevredigende uitvoeringen op tegen Galatasaray (1-0 zege), AA Gent (3-1) en Fenerbahçe (4-3). 'Je praat dan toch over drie internationale tegenstanders waartegen wij steeds de betere ploeg waren. Vooral tegen Galatasaray zag je de ideeën van de trainer steeds beter terugkomen,' zegt aanvoerder Peter Wisgerhof. 'De leukste variant? De A, voor een speler is pressen altijd het leukste.'

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm fine with subsidising a public broadcaster. I just don't think the public broadcaster should do football.

19. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Really suprised it isn't sold out, even though it's only a small opponent and in a wierd stadion.

Looking forward to it. Teams under Adriaanse are often a joy for the eye and I'm just football hungry. It finally begins, finally!

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I've no idea how strong the opponent is. I hope they live up to their name (vastlui).

Adriaans compares Berghuis to Messi teeheee

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The same UEFA that did feck all when a Belgian ref mentioned in his report that Moggi offered him ans his assistants call girls the night before a Torino UEFA cup game?

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm against managers giving youngsters a false self image, in this case about his ''unlimited'' sealing. I have said that before and I stand by that. Messi is already spoken of as one of the top 10 maybe top 5 best players that have ever lived. If nobody's from the media do it? oke. Fans? oke. Profs, especially the trainer? I don't like it. They must be honest about it. Why not first say... a Peter van Vossen. I liked Peter van Vossen. What's wrong with a great guy like him? If you want to go really crazy, go with Marc Overmars (though that's already a big load for the kid). Messi? You can only fail with that kind of comparison. I'm sorry. Messi was already in the FIFA top 3 world players of the year at Berghuis age. Kids can take these things really serious, especially from a man with charisma and air of ''know it all'' like Adriaanse. When they fail in career and have to do a step back to do later two forward, their false self image can lead them to make the wrong choices. It prevents them to accept it, because they were deemed as ''the next Messi''. It makes these kids unbalanced IMO.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well to be precise he didn't compare him to Messi altogether. He specifically alluded to the way Berghuis dribbles past the right side of his opponent while keeping the ball on his left foot. Which I can confirm is something Berghuis does beautifully (not so sure if this is also a typical Messi move mind).

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1443/FC-Twen...nse-Berghuis-kan-iets-wat-Messi-ook-kan.dhtml

I'm not saying Berghuis will be the next Messi. Boy oozes class though. Too young to predict what kind of career he'll have.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty weak penalty call but given anyway. Janko converts; Twente up 1-0

25. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Weak match, but without all those important players a great achievement!