Argentine NT News, Stats & Players Thread 2011-2012 (Part I) [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Volrath, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    2010-2011: Part I
    2010-2011: Part II

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carizzo isn't going to be our starter in the Copa, is he?

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

I had the same mini-discourse with RiverGaucho on the Boca clasico thread. He remains convinced that Batista has Carrizzo penciled in as the starter. Not as one of the arqueros going to the CA, but the starter.

I think he's got too many Carrizzo posters hanging on his wall .. ;)

Correct me if i'm wrong, bu that was the biggest game he's been involved in quite some time, and he payed like complete crap. Both goals were clearly his fault.

There is no way Carrizzo is the clear cut #1. Come on, Batista was in Catania with Andujar last week for a reason..

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

i don't get the outlash of anti-carrizo sentiment on here, when me the one who was affected the most by his errors, is still his big backer... the guy is a wall

even casillas has bad games, he whiffed a kick last week and led to a goal, then misjudged a cross later that led to another. EVERY goalkeeper has errors, Amadeo Carrizo, Pato Filliol, Goycochea, Pumpido all had bad days too

meanwhile a guy like Romero is supported on these boards, face 4 shots and let all 4 in against germany, carrizo let in 6 against bolivia but made 18 saves, the stats don't lie Romero=muerto... even mexico spotted how bad romero was when they tried to hit long range shots at him and he was lucky not to concede at least 3

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Carrizo, Romero, lets face it both guys are a million miles away from being remotely world class, and that's the problem we face, it's not so much who is the best goalkeeper we have, it's who's the least worst. :eek:

If we just had someone who was half competent that would do, but we don't so if I had to choose I'd go with Romero.

5. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

I invite you to search the thread and find where Romero has been "supported." i think tolerated is a better word.

romero as the #1 is as mysterious to me as Lisandro's constant exclusion.

I've seen Carrizzi play several games this year, including the Newell's game unfortunately.

But my problem is that his lapses usually occur in big games.

Casillas, like every other keeper, is certainly allowed to mess up on occasion, but Carrizzo seems to either too aggrerssive or too hesitant in the big games.

I'm not infatuated with any arquero Argentino out there, believe me. I think Carrizzo should certainly be in the mix. But he is not the clear number one, as you think/hope/want.

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Both Romero and Carrizo suck. Andujar is garbage too. I would probably give a chance to someone like Montoya from Velez, he may not be world class either but at least he's solid.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree that all of our GK's are quite horrible. Romero has the reflexes of a bulldog, the guy reacts so damn slow. Just go back and watch some of his games,(vs Mexico would be a perfect example during the WC). Carrizo,that was pure comedic yesterday, the only thing that was missing was the Benny Hill music. His performance just worries me that he might not be a big game player. Lets face, the last good GK we had was Roa, since then, I just don't know, it's been joker after joker. I never liked Pato either, I don't who how well or poor Ustari was this season.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Montoya isn't even Velez's starter so i dont know what youre talking about

carrizo is a big game player... i'd go back to the game against Racing when with 10 men JP had 9 saves... if the oldest clasico in argentina isn't big enough for you i can cite past games against Boca when he was monstruous, in the 2007 clausura in the bombonera, a 1-1 draw that could have ended in a 4 or 5-1 victory for Carrizo who saved us.. when he was at Lazio he was a hero in the rome derby and the fans all chanted his name before it was over...

I've said it before, if people like Amadeo Carrizo and Pato Filliol call JP the best goalie that good enough for me, those two guys are hands down the two best argentine goalies of all-time... Goyco and Pumpido also backed Carrizo and so is Batista... he hasn't confirmed him as the starter but its only a matter of time before he does

Now i don't mean to offend anyone, but i don't think anyone on hear really followed Carrizo's career, they just saw the blooper from yesterday and remember the Bolivia game (when he had 18 saves and was man of the match btw) i've seen every match hes ever played for River (about 120 or so including libertadores games) and for Argentina, i saw most of his time at Lazio... he was not benched for his play but for lack of discipline! the coaches didn't like his style and he refused to changed so they put him on the bench... he was often fined for being late also which played a part... it had NOTHING to do with his talent

if people are doubting Carrizo's talent they really need to watch more futbol

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Come on Gaucho, if Carrizo played for Racing, would you still defend him? He has had a fine season thus far but there is no bigger game then Boca y River in Argentina(Media from all the world follow this game). If he is going to be our #1 then fine, I will support I will not nitpick at little things when he plays. If Carrizo is the starter and plays the way he did yesterday in the final of the Copa, I hope he is prepared to be exiled.

Just wondering, where do you rank him as GK's in the world. I am curious of seeing your top 5 GK's in the world.

10. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011

Contrary to the popular belief (ahem...), Carrizo is closest to being a world class goalie that the Argieland has. Romerito? Andujagar? nah...these fellas are steady at best (not Romerito as much).

Carizzo is a crazy fella. Has Gatti and Dominguez rolled into his head and like them (not to the same degree...) is a ball of talent.
    The fella needs chance, but whether he will flourish or blemish is another question.
    A big game fella? nah, at least doesn't deserve to be renowned as such.
    A bottler? again, not enough samples to put a decree on it either...

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentine NT News, Stats & Players Thread 2010-2011 Part III[R]

There're four keepers in Batista's mind, Romero, Andujar, Carrizo and Ustari one of them will be cut for the Copa América. By the time being I think that Romero will be the starter, regardless of what happened to Carrizo yesterday, it's true that any keeper can have a bad day.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A little something for the River fans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_66qiOxIx-c&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - Erik Lamela vs Racing Club 2011 By Zouzinho[/ame]

A little something for the Boca fans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgpRhnuQe0&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - Riquelme vs Argentinos Juniors 2011 By Zouzinho[/ame]

A little something for the Pastore fans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJhWgwhKuc&feature=relmfu"]YouTube - Javier Pastore vs AS Roma 2011 By Zouzinho[/ame]

13. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011

^ You should be a diplomat Supermario.

14. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
  15. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010

I don´t like this exclusion of Tevez. He's a match winner for City.

Look at the 4-1 spain game. He assisted both messi and Higuaine for their goals, and scored the third.

16. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If its not personal then the only reason I can think of is that Tevez doesn't want to be on the bench. We already have our starting forwards in Higuain and Messi, so maybe Tevez would rather not play than start.

17. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Tevez just scored a golazo for City. Batista can go suck it!

Make that 2 for Tevez!

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi may carry the tag of being the "9" but Higuaín will also be a starter. Today I heard an interesting comparison, wouldn't Tevez be the equivalent of Ibrahimovic at Barcelona?

Another interesting thing: http://www.canchallena.com/1373998-messi-le-pone-fichas-a-pastore & http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/messi-aconseja-barca-fichaje-pastore/20110517dasdaiftb_36/Tes

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

tevez shows his argentina colour knee protector... i guess we all know what he's trying to say

messi freekick is still not as consistence as tevez.... messi is not the same messi anymore like 2 years ago, he always learn from previous lost... so this time the combination could work, who knows.

in case anyone didnt notice, tevez scored 4 goals in 7 matches for argentina in 2010... not counting his assist.

20. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I think Tevez should start over Higuain. Higuain spent most of the season on the injured list. Tevez on the other hand had a very good season for Manchester City.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

with messi and di maria behind him, higuain will still find a way to score, there's still time for preparation.... having someone who always lurking inside or near box is important... these days, the weaker side always play with 10 man walls against the big team and hit only with counter attack... tevez and messi type of solo run will sees a deadend at some point.

higuain missed like 5 chances against nigeria but scored a hattrick in next match.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

We'll have to see if Higuain even starts. It is clear that Batista has him in mind, but he also hinted that he might be a sub:

http://www.canchallena.com/1373786-batista-sobre-carrizo-no-me-dejo-llevar-por-dos-partidos

The article also mentions that Carrizo has been confirmed as one of the three keepers for the Copa America.

23. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010

Who else is he thinking of besides Tevez? How many forwards are in a team?

4? 5?

He has Messi, Aguero, Higuaine, Lavezzi ?

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Higuain*, I would leave Lavezzi and put in Tevez instead. Maybe not as a starter but as a sub. Aguero,Messi I would like together. But honestly, I would just leave Lavezzi out and add in another true winger like Perotti who could rip it up and is not as selfish as a Di Maria or Lavezzi. If I see Tino Costa and Perotti on the Copa America squad and Tevez is out, I could live with that. But if all 3 are out(Which could be highly likely) then I would be a bit sour. I have given up hope on Licha making the team. I do not know who Batista has in mind to be a replacement for Pipita, but I hope I do not see a all-midget-army. I would love to see a Kun-Pipita-Messi trio running at defenders. I am not fond of the Di Maria- Messi-Lavezzi trio, it just does not mesh really well.

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I can see little option but to use Higuain as a sub, he is cleary not match fit at the moment.

The most inform Argentine strikers (Messi aside) are Tevez and Aguero, personally I would like to see Aguero start as Tevez has had more than enough chances in the starting line up, Tevez can then be used as an impact sub if required.

Lavezzi is a player who blows hot and cold, can be brilliant on his day, but if he's having an off day then he contributes nothing.

I will be interested to see how Di Maria does at the Copa, he has been outstanding for Real Madrid this season, racking up over 20 assists, lets hope he carries that form to the NT.