Official Aris thread 2011

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by nick_3f, Jan 14, 2011.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice job Nick! :D

3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks Nick, GO ARIS FC :cool:

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Really important game on Sunday against Panionios at home.

We have some players back from injuries and suspension. Faty is back which is good, Cesarec as well.

The problem is who will play next to Cesarec or behind him? Probably Mendrinos or Toja. I hope Portilla can get some minutes too but I don't think so.

5. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah thats true. The link of this thread should be posted in the old one, so everyone can find their way to the new thread.

7. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our U20 won against Panionios, 4-1.

We have the best U20 team in Greece at the moment as they are leading the league. They are unbeaten for 13 straight games.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Official lineup: [LINEUP-4-5-1]Cesarec, Kaznaferis, Javito, Faty, Toja, Katidis, Michel, Lazaridis, Oriol, Neto, Sifakis[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Katidis get the chance to make his first start, very nice to see that Cuper believes in the 17 year old.

Toja will probably play behind Cesarec as a offensive midfielder.

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another tragedy. We are just getting worse for every game.

We managed to lose against another team in the relegation zone. It's damn pathetic!!!

51 years unbeaten against this team before today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The longest time any team in Greece have been unbeaten against a other and we managed to screw that up too!!!!!!!!!!!

The irony in the whole thing is that Mitroglou scored the 2 goals for Panionios, the guy that refused to play for them because he wanted to play for us!

Panionios had 2 chances and scored 2 goals, we had 35 and couldn't score 1!!!

And for all this I will only blame one person right now and thats Cuper!!!! He has a great team, many injuries though but thats not a excuse. He managed to make us lose against every fu*cking team on below the midtable.

If he doesn't fix this situation soon he can take his damn 1.2 million euros and..............

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We need signings badly! I really hope we sign a couple of offensive players this week.

The only positive thing from that match was Katidis, he showed very good passing game and he played maturely. I think he's got the best passes of our midfielders and he is only 17. Looks promising. Cristian Portilla showed that he can help even though he just played some minutes. We have a promising lineup of midfielders.

Some players needs to move on though, Javito and Aravidis are not giving much to our team atm.

15. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand ... shouldn't this have been done before they started working on the move?

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was a player that the board suggested because they know him well since his last spell in Greece. Cuper probably said he was interested so they advanced and talked to his brother(agent) and it looks like the reached a agreement. Now they are just waiting for Cuper to make his final decision.

That is something very normal, specially when there is such few time. If they started talking to Castillo just after Cuper took his final decision it could be too late.

Barcelona work on a similar way for example, they had a agreement with Özil but then Pep decided that he didn't want him. In these situations the board have to act fast before other teams gets involved, but the final decision is always taken by the coach because he decides who will play.

17. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The board and Cuper will have a meeting about the transfers tonight. It hasn't been going as it should, we were supposed to have made all our signings in the beginning of the month to have them ready by now. That didn't happen, the only sigining we made was Cristian Portilla. The main person to blame for this is actually Cupers agent that was in charge of some cases, Kalinski and Edu for example. I have no idea why our board let him do that, specially when we Cuper hasn't even signed his new contract. First he can sign and then he and his agent can have a strong word about our transfers. We have very capable people in the board that proved that they can handle the signings. Anyway now it seems like our board will handle it like they should, I hope it's not too late because the transfer window is just open for another couple of weeks.

According to a Ukranian site Castillo is in Thessaloniki now and ready to pass through medical exams.

Elmundopertivo.es wrote that Benja and Aris reached a agreement.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.... Thanks for the update.

19. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cuper and our president just had a meeting. Apperently the mood was very good and they solved all the small problems and misunderstandings. They agreed that we have to make 3 signings right now. More news tomorrow :)

20. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow - what a day you had!? I hope Aris will do much better starting now.

Also, the trade window for MLS just opened on Jan 15. Our window is diferent that the one in Europe.

21. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hope we get those signings quick. I still cant believe we lost against that team :mad:
    Well i got some news regarding Ruiz, he was injured against the Costa Rican team but it wasnt that serious. He'll play tonight against Honduras if we can beat them tonight i'll say Ruiz should be back with Aris soon, as soon as maybe next weekend.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whaaaaaat.....

A poster from greece on the Nery Castillo thread claims Cuper has resigned!!!

Makes sense, the confusion on transfers, would be frustrating on cupers part to better the recently bad playing side in the league. With getting players this late, it will only make things worst with injuries and the likes.

Too bad Cuper is gone... if true. :(

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn I was just watching a movie and then I see this.

He resigned because of the bad results, he didn't seem to really believe that he could find the solutions to it. Damn that came from nowhere! I mean he and the board had meetings for hours but that was supposed to be about transfers.

He thanked the board that were always there to help him so it has not just to do with transfers from what I know yet. It was about the results and the way we have been playing all year in the league. We have not seen any improvements at all so it seems like he didn't have any solutions to fix it. He has been saying all this time that he was one in charge so he took his responsobilities. No one disturbed his work.

More in a few.

EDIT: As I said in the Nery thread there were some complications about the transfers. The board really wanted to make transfers. But some weird stuff happened. His agent came to help with a couple of situations and he ended up trying to rip us off. Cuper said he wanted to make transfers but when the board tried so he hesitated and he wanted to have those players that his agent suggested and then when the board almost signed the one their own he didn't want them anymore. Some weird things happened anyway.

He also demanded a very big amount of money to renew. He already earned 1.2 million euros which is very very much and he and his agent which is famous for pressuring for higher bids until the last moment showed no will to stay for that money. Even that Cuper said that the money is not important for him and that he loves the team already and he is like one of us(the fans).

24. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just now Tsaltidis said that the only reason that he left was because of the results. Cuper said that he had nothing more to offer and he blamed himself for the bad performances in the league.

Now we have to find a good coach that can wake the team up. Hopefully someone that plays more offensively, something that fits us better.

I must say it was very nice to have Cuper as a coach though, he offered alot to Aris. He did great with the team in Europe! I'm thankful for that. It was just in the league were it looked like he didn't have any more solutions. The results that he had in the league are the worst we had in the league for a very long time. One of the worst first half's of the season in our history.

I think the new coach will be either Spanish or South American.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sucks. I feel bad for him, noble of him to step down if he feels he is out of ideas (goood for him too not to tarnish his reputation).

Also sucks he didnt get Kalinski and I am sure other guys he wanted earlier.

Seems it was safer for him to backdown then to keep playing with not getting good reinforcements and with the recent injuries.

Class coach, I'd like to see him coach USA sometime.