Official 2011 non-League Club Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by shuvy87, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    JFL and other lower division leagues

2. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Don't be fooled by talk of Mickey Mouse events like the Fuji Xerox Cup - the Japanese club season in fact gets going over the long weekend of 11th to 13th February, with the 30th Western Japan Shakaijin Soccer Tournament. Staged this year in Osaka, it's an eight-team set-up competed for by the teams finishing first and second in last year's Kansai, Chugoku, Shikoku and Kyushu Leagues. Current holders are Kamatamare Sanuki and despite their promotion to the JFL the Noodle Boys will be defending their title. Tournament details are as follows:

PARTICIPANTS

Chugoku

Dezzolla Shimane
    Renofa Yamaguchi

Kansai

Ain Food
    Sanyo Electric Sumoto

Kyushu

HOYO Atletico ELAN
    Volca Kagoshima

Shikoku

Ehime FC Shimanami*
    Kamatamare Sanuki

* Tokushima Vortis Second withdrew from Regional League football at the end of 2010 and are replaced in this tournament by Ehime FC Shimanami, who finished third in the Shikoku League 2010

FIXTURES

Group 1 First Round
    11 Feb

Ehime FC Shimanami - Sanyo Electric Sumoto
    Renofa Yamaguchi - Volca Kagoshima

Group 2 First Round 11 Feb

Dezzolla Shimane - Kamatamare Sanuki
    HOYO Atletico ELAN - Ain Food

3. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Former S-Pulse and Yokohama FC player, now at Fujieda MYFC was involved in a car accident which resulted in the death of a 75 year old cyclist. :(

4. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks to everyone for their assistance thus far in my quest to find Japan's "quirky" lower-pyramid football grounds.

I'm wondering if Japan has anything truly unusual, perhaps something similar to South Korea's Muju Stadium, or one of the smaller grounds in this list of unique Korean football grounds.

Ideally it would not have a running track, would be small and intimate (with seats close to the pitch), have some unique/unusual charm/character, and preferably would be accessible by public transportation (although the last item isn't necessary).

I'm going to slog through the web to see what I can find, but would greatly appreciate any tips.

Cheers.

5. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Blue & White Army, you may find this site useful. Click around the map of Japan on the left.

6. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Brilliant! Many thanks.

7. m_darmanto

m_darmanto Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Just checking the japanese Wikipedia and noticed Zweigen Kanazawa just re-applied Associate Membership.

here's the link from the club's website:
    http://www.zweigen-kanazawa.jp/news/newsDetail353.html

According to this news, they just established a new company, didn't they? I used google translate to read this, maybe there's something lost in translation :D

8. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

How about this:

http://www.the-rising-sun-news.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=535&Itemid=66

Or this

http://www.the-rising-sun-news.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=556&Itemid=66

Or even this

http://www.the-rising-sun-news.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=553&Itemid=66

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they just handed in their applications, but if accepted or not we will know by February

11. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So assuming all these clubs being approved and two clubs being promoted to J2 at the end of the season, we will have 5 J-wannabees leftover at JFL.

Restructuring of the league may come as soon as next season!!

12. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't forget Parceiro and Blaublitz who are going to apply next season as well. And Sagamihara dwelling in Kansai league.

I can definitely smell an upcoming J3.

13. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Cheers for those. Tosu is a very nice ground, albeit perhaps a little too big for my tastes (especially since 75% those seats remain vacant during J2 matches). Might be an easy trip from Korea's Busan-Fukuoka ferry, though.

Matsumoto Stadium looks a bit more intimate (but pity about the lack of cover over the stands, both in terms of weather [Japanese Alps wind] but especially accoustics). Watching Matsumoto Yamaga F.C. in the JFL would be a giggle. Amusing to see that they have a decent-sized supporters group down at that level. And in Nagano, which isn't too far from Tokyo.

Toshigi Green is defnitely quirky. The trees surrounding the ground would be quite nice during the summer, and the grass-covered terraces are rather unusual. Pity about the gap behind both goals, though. Relatively close to Tokyo.

Ta.

14. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    You should point out to them how funny you find their efforts to build a J-League club.

15. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I was thinking about that too, as I like to get as close as possible for photos. But in fairness if you are going to a football match for a picnic with the family, you don't want the little ones hit by stray balls. It's probably a fair compromise since the main stands look like they're set pretty close to the action.

Worse than Ube Yahhh-man? What's the story there? :D

16. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    Yamaga is already J2 quality.

17. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No no, I didn't mean my "giggle" and "amusing" comments in a condescending way at all ("giggle" being a British expression for simply "having fun"). I actually prefer to watch the lower leagues. I not sure I'll even bother with any J1/J2 clubs when I eventually ground-hop in Japan.

I suppose I'm using South Korea (and China?) as a reference point, in terms of not expecting an Asian third-division club to have any more than 5-10 "proper" supporters. I noticed in photos of that same Yamaga match that the away club (Honda Lock?) brought several dozen of their supporters. In terms of comparison, if you have one away supporter at a South Korean third-division match who isn't a family member, WAG or paid staffer, it's an historic occasion.

I also think it's great that Japan expects (existing) little clubs to better themselves and apply for admission to the J2, rather than the South Korean (American?) way of purchasing a franchise and creating a "club" out of nothing overnight and entering them into the country's top-flight.

Despite the K-League being Asia's oldest professional league, the Korean pyramid setup leaves a heck of a lot to be desired (e.g. Korea doesn't have promotion/relegation... whereas even China's relatively young top-flight does). The KFA needs to learn a lot from how the JFA has reformed things for the better.

18. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This website is excellent, containing both maps and (usually) photos. However, I would be keen to find the actual (Japanese) addresses of the grounds, to look at them in other map websites (Google Streetview, etc.).

Does this website not have them anywhere? The link in the bottom-right of the maps just goes to the Mapple main page, rather than to the actual grounds' locations within Mapple.

Is there an easy way to get the addresses for these grounds (from this website) without having to look for them in a separate search engine? I assume not, but thought I would ask, rather than potentially waste hours of my time.

Thanks again.

19. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey, that gives me a VERY good idea for a supporters song. Just imagine the fun. As the opposing team comes out and begins their warm-ups the ultras behind goal launch into their chants, and intimidate the hell out of the opposition with the melodic strains of Culture Club and Boy George, singing....

Kama-tama-tama-tama-tama-tamaaa~reeeeee
    We come for goals
    We come for goooooooooals
    Kama-tama-tama-tama-tama-tamaaa~reeeeee . . . .

20. m_darmanto

m_darmanto Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    If this forum has a "Like" button I will click it :D

21. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hey, don't knock Yahhh-man. They even have a vending machine; they mean business!

22. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I had no idea about this team and thought you guys were joking. Then I Googled.

[​IMG]

I don't care what position he plays, this man is obviously NT material.

23. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I was gutted when I went to see a game they played in Hiroshima and the pink pelican didn't come along. They lost 7-0 to Sagawa Kyubin or something horrendous like that. The Sagawa guys looked embarrassed to even be on the same pitch, Yahhh-man made so many basic errors.

24. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We signed a player from Ube Yahhh-man at the beginning of last season, Kenta Hiraishi.
    I thought he was a decent enough right-back, but only got a couple of games and has now been released.

25. m_darmanto

m_darmanto Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Does anyone know the final result of playoff between Arterivo Wakayama vs Osaka Korean FC? The winner will be promoted to Kansai League Div.2 and CMIIW the loser will have another playoff.