River Plate 2011: News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    imo Almeyda should put an alternative A-team. Not a completely new team like the formation displayed above. It's a recipe of a disaster.

About Chichizola, I concur we need a more stable goalie. I had that reflexion after our victory against Jujuy. He still too raw and needs work on certain aspect of his game which is a mid long term work and isnt compatible with our short term urgencies and the current mindset in Argentina which everything has to be now and not later.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So it's confirmed: no Alayes or Roman vs. Defensores de Belgrano tomorrow. It appears they both already played their last games with la banda.

In other news, Cavenaghi, el chori, and Cirigliano will all be traveling with the team as well. I'd expect them to be on the bench, but you never know.. the team isn't confirmed, so who says they don't start?

The other interesting thing is that a couple pibes like Cazares and Vila also form part of the squad. I hope we get to see them play, at least for a bit.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Line-up confirmed. Turns out Cavegol, el chori, and Cirigliano will all "reinforce" the team. Apparently Cavenaghi and Dominguez asked Almeyda to start, despite the fact that they haven't been rested all season. Pezzella and Ramiro Funes Mori, meanwhile, were opted over Gonzalez Pirez this time.

The 11 for today:

Daniel Vega;
    Luciano Vella-Germán Pezzella-Ramiro Funes Mori-Carlos Arano;
    Facundo Affranchino-Ezequiel Cirigliano-Cristian Ledesma*-César González;
    Alejandro Domínguez-Fernando Cavenaghi​

*Unlike other sources, Ole reports Rios will start over Ledesma. I'll update later..

Not bad for an alternative team, really. Not the ideal eleven, but much, much better than the squad that played vs. Tristan Suarez.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Heres hoping this line-up is true! I can't wait to finally see Pezzella play, though I would have preferred Gonzalez Pirez to play beside him, considering they know each other so well.

When Pezzella has a great game tonight (providing passarella doesn't intervene and force him to the bench at the last minute) i'll be the happiest man in the world (for an hour or two any way)

I'm predicting a 3-1 win... el Burrito will score to them as a big f-u to passarella and Cavenaghi x2 and Pezzella for us

5. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So now its Almeyda picking the team because your fetish is playing but if hes not its the big bad president.What a child you are

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pibe realmente sos un pelotudo.Nunca mas puedo conversar con un nene adolescente

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    God its so nice to Pezzella finally playing for River. I honestly feared we'd never see this

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Taco de Cavenaghi--- Golazo del Chori!!!! 1-0

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Affranchino never finishes convincing me. Considering how we had to sell players to fix the club's finances, he would have been a good player to cash in on. Too bad no one's probably interested in him anymore..

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was hoping we'd see Cazares at least a bit.. hopefully he comes on soon.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pezzella sale lesionado :( entra Gonzalez Pirez

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not what i'd call convincing, but i'll take anything at this point

The positives were Chori and Cave as always... Cave was unlucky not to score, and Chori nearly had a second with an amazing FK from about 35 yards off the bar

Pezzella was impressive in the debut, as expected

The rest of the team looked poor. The team lost a lot with the Rios x Ledesma. El Lobo was decent tonight and Rios added nothing yet again. That unbalanced the team and Cirigliano was alone in the middle

I would have hoped to have seen Cazares come on a bit earlier, but we couldn't finish our chances

Congrats to Pezzella and Cazares for debuting (what took so long? :rolleyes:)

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqCN6qbl2oU&feature=player_embedded"]C5N - DEPORTES: RIVER VS. DEFENSORES | GOL DE RIVER - YouTube[/ame]

14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Three points that are very important.That is the best that can be said about this and of course ghe 60000 supporters.Abecasis is a good find and Maidana and Funes Mori were good.Ocampos needs the break but Maestrico will play an important role in 2012.Dominguez after some poor games at tge start has become the leader of the team.He was excellent.
    The performance was aveeage at best but the points matter

15. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its not one of my favourites but that perfect white with the banda roja is always beautiful and symbolizes at all times the beautiful game

17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After six years Petrobras will be replaced by Banco Frances as the maim shirt sponsor.The sponsoship will be for 3,5 million dollars a year over a million more than what the Brasilian company paid.Its not a bad deal some say it is for three years others for only one but I imagine its the former.Its a testimony to the power of the club that even though we have been relegated sponsorship deals are almost doubling

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From what I understand it's a three year sponsorship starting in June ($10.5 million total).

[​IMG]

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina