River Plate 2011: News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Old Thread

Ojala sea un 2011 lleno de titulos! Vamos River carajo, que de a poco estamos volviendo a ser el de antes.

2. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    1ST :D

(Subscribed)

3. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here's hoping for a better 2011 :D

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It seems JJ is going to use a very defensive team against Tigre... I don't like it that both Ferrari and JM Diaz are going to start, that leaves only Lanzini, Lamela, Pavone, and to a lesser extent Acevedo to create anything. JJ is trying to copy Falcioni's anti-futbol example and i'm not a fan.

It will also be interesting to see Buonanotte's reaction at being benched. He was already pissed off at not playing last year, so now that he's leaving in June I wouldn't be surprised if he completely switched off.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We should be seeing the following eleven vs. Tigre:

Chichizola;
    Maidana-Ferrero-Roman;
    Ferrari-Acevedo-Almeyda-J.M. Diaz;
    Lanzini-Lamela;
    Pavone​

Ugh.. are we ever going to see two forwards up top again? :(

6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

I to am not a fan of this line up. I would start Buonanotte over Lanzini and switch to a 4-3-1-2. Looks like JJ is going for a draw which I don't understand especially since we need all the points we can get right now.

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

With a formation like that, we're aiming the draw. Simple as that.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67i0YcWdW0"]YouTube - river mi buen amigo vs banfield 2010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jcf7e2L8Zg&feature=related"]YouTube - "Que de la mano, de Passarella"[/ame]

aqui les dejo mi homenaje al gran capitan: daniel alberto passarella

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jkSNlhiJA"]YouTube - Daniel Passarella[/ame]

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Uuugh i am not liking how this team is playing... the centrales just keep knocking long balls up to pavone who is against 3 defenders... acevedo is playing terribly not one good pass... lamela looks off...

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    where is everyone? first game of the season and bosta got killed today

also if we had a 9 de seleccion like cavenaghi we would be the favorites

wtf is jj doing?? put in subs, caruso and pereyra... we are playing tigre for gods sake we should be up 2 or 3 we cannot settle for a draw :mad:

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    JJ andate a chacarita la concha de tu hermana... no podemos jugar asi!!! el objectivo de RIVER es salir CAMPEON :mad: :mad: ponelo a pereyra hijo de ******** :mad:

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Missed the game, but have it recorded.. judging from the above posts, maybe it'll be a good idea to pass on watching it. :p

13. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't think we played that bad. Like River Gaucho I also want us to be a bit more offensive, I am tired of playing with one striker, but the idea was sound. We played with a back line of 5 defenders with Diaz & Ferrari attacking from the sides.We constantly pressed them and kept the ball on their end for most of the game, hoping that an error or some magic from Lamela or Lanzini would get us a gol. Tigre only had a couple of chances all game long and a few free kicks but other than that they did not get much. Playing on the road, being that its the first game of the season and the importance of playing Tigre I think that JJ decided to not to lose by all means. Seeing what happened to bosta I don't think it was that bad of an idea. We did get better once Carruso got in, I definitely want to see Funes Mori up front with Pavone, his speed and size would match well up front not leaving Pavone all alone. I would drop one of the centrales (Ferrero probably). I'll take the point today and hope for better things tomorrow. Side note: I like how Diaz played, much better than anything Arano did last year and Chichizola looked solid (apart from a play where he tried to play like Carrizo and almost cost us the game) but the kid has personality and that is key for a golie.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mostly a boring game, but the last 15 minutes were very good.

And don't complain, guys, it could be much worse. :(

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm torn between glee at watching your team get destroyed and pity that your team got destroyed that badly. I'll have to settle for condolences and commiseration with a side order of chuckling.

16. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It was a boring game, I enjoyed the Boca game a lot more :D

No creativity in the midfield for my liking.

17. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Real gutless substitutions. Why straight swaps when you could go for a victory. :rolleyes:

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With Maidana suspended, I hope JJ decides to play with 4 defenders in the back (J.M. Diaz-Roman-Ferrero-Ferrari) and brings back Pereyra to the the team. If not, at least add another forward to help out Pavone. Does anyone know when Villalva will be ready?

19. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Oh last but not least, Funes Mori went back witha groin strain... :rolleyes:

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes what a waste of time that U20 was... he only scored 2 goals and got injured... theres probably no chance we sell him now unless he bangs in 8 or so goals this torneo, which seems unlikely

I heard on the radio that the probably line up is Chichizola; Ferrari, Roman, Ferrero, JM Diaz; Acevedo, Almeyda, Pereyra; Lamela, Lanzini; Pavone.

21. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is much more attacking.This is a key match 3 points against Huracan is of vital importance statistically and for morale.In many ways this is the game which can be the key to the tournament if we win we can go on and do some good things but if we lose it will be hell.I dont like the way JJ is not getting the best from el enano he could be the one to light up that attack

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    whenever we play huracan its important to remember the history of our two clubs. the great players that passed the both clubs is astounding: Di Stefano, Houseman, Pipo Rossi, Pedernera, Lucho Gonzalez, Berti, and many more i can't remember i'm sure. Babington who never played for River, but he did coach us

23. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Apologies if this post is in the wrong thread...:)

I am in Buenos Aires and want to go to the RP-Huracan match tonight. If anyone has any advice on buying tickets from a reliable source before the match (I was told by someone at my hostel that I need to buy from a "reventa" on the street), please let me know. There are "tours" for tourists, but they sound like an utter rip-off. Thanks!

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it depends where you are staying, but the best bet is to probably just take a cab to Avenida Figueroa Alcorta as close as you can get (the road will be closed down so all the fans will be walking up)...the ticket office right next to the musuem you can get platea tickets... depending on how much you want to pay or what is available, i would say get san martin alta or belgrano alta, these are the sections on the sides of the field in the upperdeck. if those are sold out which is possible, go for san martin baja... you should be able to get tickets no problem, but don't do the reventa you don't wanna give money to the barra and there should be plenty of platea seats available, the popular have been sold out for a while now... just get there early to have a better chance of getting the cheaper tickets and then go into the museum, buy yourself a jersey in the addidas store, then go in early because i believe the reserve will playing before the senior team.

most of all have fun, and post pictures and/or videos! :)