Copa Libertadores qualifiers on TV?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielmak, Nov 27, 2010.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    It's getting close to the business end of the season in South America (both Apertura completion and qualifiers for the Libertadores) and I'm wondering if anyone has a handle on what will appear on TV in the US in terms of the Libertadores qualifiers. TV Chile and Ecuvisa on DirecTV show football from Chile and Ecuador respectively, but only a few matches.

Chile is using a liguilla format for the 3rd spot because the overall season was changed after the earthquake. Does anyone know when the liguilla starts and if these games will appear on TV Chile?

Ecaudor has a Third Place play-off (or play-in) between Deportivo Quito and Barcelona (December 5th and 12th). Will these games be on Ecuvisa? And Ecuador has a first place play-off to decide the 1st and 2nd Ecuador spots in the Libertadores between LDU Quito and Emelec. Wikipedia does not list if this is a 2 leg championship or a single match. Does anyone know the answer to this and, again, if the game(s) will air on Ecuvisa?

Finally, where is Colombia in their play-off round? How many more games until the 2 leg final? I don't see dates listed on Wikipedia for the finals.

2. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    The exact times of the games have not been set but here is the info on where the games will be broacasted.

Nov 5 ,Barcelona @ D.Quito Dish Network - Channel # 839 - Teleamazonas Int.

Nov 5, Emelec @ Liga - Dish Network - Channel # 839 - Teleamazonas Int.

Nov 12 - D.Quito @ Barcelona - Direct TV - Channel 438 - Ecuavisa Int.

Nov 12 - Liga @ Emelec - Direct TV - Channel 438 - Ecuavisa Int.

If you need DVD quality copies of any of these games let me know.