Mizuno Thread [4] - all info, pictures, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
  3. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwangong, I was curious to see your boots collection. How about you post some pics of your collection? Thanks. :D

4. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm too lazy to take everything out and put it back on. But here is the link to my photobucket account.

Most of these come and go unless I really like them.

s581.photobucket.com/home/hwangong/allalbums

5. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm struggling to get the tongues on my Morelia's to fold in the place i'd want them too, anyone got an easy way to bully them into submission ?

6. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    wht i did is to fold it and tuck in underneath the laces when in storage

overtime it will stay down more naturally

during play, it does move a little to the outstep, just pull it back

if you want it to stay put, hv to use velcro or stitch on a rubber band to hold it down

i kinda like it to be flappy

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahahaha WOW!!!

Sportsguide just emailed me telling me they got my size in, and they are waiting for my order!!!! Crazy!!!! Now THATS what I call customers service! :p

With that said, I am aobut to order Morelia ULs, I am a size US9 in everything nike, I've been told a couple of times to get US8.5/26.5CM in the ULs, is this right? Or should I get the US9/27CM? I am scared I will order it and they will be too tight! :(

Edit: And to keep the tongue down on the shoes I used in the past, I would use a rubber band when not playing with them, over time i didnt need them anymore.

I will be doing this also with my UL's.

So yea, they sent me an email, Kiongsm or anyone else, this is the right format to send them my info?

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    bolivianfuego,

very glad for you....indeed sportsguide does provide better service than the others on intl orders

yes, the format abv shd be ok

sizing: measure your foot in cm with footy socks on.....round up to the next 0.5cm

seems tht you foot shd be less than 26.5 but more than 26cm

shoe length of the morelias is almost to the exact cm for each size, UL's width (upper feel, not the sole as the sole is same as the other morelias) is slightly wider than the std morelia II, as i mentioned b4

good luck in your order!

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm.... It appears with socks on, its 10.5 inches with socks on....... or 26.7CM.....

Should I go for the 26.5 or go to 27?

Will it stretch drastically? Cause for a super tight fit.... maybe stay with 26.5?

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    hmmm, morelias uppers does not stretch much, just nice to mould perfectly to your foot

i can't guarantee, but based on the measurement, it seems 27.0

is the socks thick padded or normal?

do you hv big toes?

11. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Go for 26.5. They will stretch a bit. Depends if you like them snug like me I would go for 26.5cm.

12. Metal_Mushroom

Sep 19, 2010
    New Orleans
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely digging the old school Ultra Lights. Also, the Adipure Japan, Super Ligera, Wave Cup KR, and LX K Pro. Very, very nice collection.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They actually are kinda thin..... and I dont have big... well big toes lol. They are normal sized.

14. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks, and sorry for the broken link.
    I posted it on my Droid, and got messed up I guess. :)

The ones you picked are actually very nice, except I didn't try Super Ligera. They felt great and all, but they were too normal other than great fit. Haha.

Out of your picks, UL and KR were the best, followed by Adipure JP.

15. Metal_Mushroom

Sep 19, 2010
    New Orleans
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I had a pair of 25th Anniversary ULs but I accidentally bought them large so I sold them. I've always wanted to get my hands on a pair of all K leather KRs but they're so expensive. I had a pair of Adipures and really liked them but they were just too narrow for me to feel totally stable so I've been looking for a pair of the JPs in my size because they look wider, but I havn't been able to find a pair.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dude, crazy collection of shoes you have!!! Are you just a avid collector, or are you in the 'business' or something? lol :)

17. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    hwangong, noticed you have the japanese and chinese versions of morelias, do you feel much difference performance wise?
    Also which is your favourite mizuno boot?

18. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Haven't tried Chinese made Morelia on the pitch, but they feel not as good by just trying them on. Chinese made and Japan made definitely feel different. Chinese made is much loose fit compared to Japan made. Overall quality is lower, in fact.

Like I said above, old UL and WC KR are my favorites among all. Supersonic Wave is growing on me, but I wore them only 2 or 3 times so far. So, we will see.

19. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks.
    I'm not really an avid collector, nor in a business or any sort.
    I just love soccer cleats, love trying them, love buying them.
    As I mentioned earlier, I buy a lot of them and sell a lot of them as well.
    Most of those are gone now.

20. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Adipure JP is definitely wider than Adipures in the US.
    They are very very comfy while being snug enough.
    Wish they had a suede lining inside the heel, I would've kept them if so.

I believe those old ULs were even better than recent white/black ones.
    I sold them long ago because they were ages and I found someone still want them with very nice offer hard to resist. But I kinda miss them now.

They werer the definition of both comfort and lightness.

21. rjohan

rjohan New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont know whether this question has been asked or not.

But anyway i really need help on this, i ordered a Mizuno Futsal Boots from Rakuten, Rakuten site told me to contact the store directly regarding the confirmation of our order such as shipping cost, etc. I tried to contact the store via email, twice but they never replied.

Then, suddenly Rakuten sent me a cancellation letter, saying that the shop has cancelled my order, is this due to that i live in Indonesia and they might not be able to send it here?

Thank you

22. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When i was in town earlier i went in this little sports shop, the only place i know that stocks Mizuno boots. Asked him about getting Morelia UL's and he reckoned it might be able to be done for about £120.

23. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Really thT sounds like a great deal. Where in England are u located? I'm in central London (south east)

Do u think he will be able to get any other models like morelia II. Pm me

24. putaloco

putaloco New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Club:
    AO Xanthi
    How do the supersonic wave sp fit vs the morelia II made in japan?
    I have a pair in sz us9 they fit perfectly snug, should i get the same size?

25. Metal_Mushroom

Sep 19, 2010
    New Orleans
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a wide foot and own a sz 9 us SSW, they fit well. I just got a pair of Japan made Morelia IIS and they are definitely narrower, but still fit me fine, and I can't imagine your foot is wider than mine, so if anything the Morelias will fit you even better.