2005 Japanese International Thread - Road to Germany [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by LakesidePark, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Kirin Challenge Cup Soccer (Women)

Nadeshiko Japan played the first game since Athens against Taiwan. It was a great restart for rapidly improving Japanese women's soccer. Their goal is to achieve a good result in Beijing Olympics.

Japan 11-0 Taiwan

The L-League stars fired 37 shots and buried 11 into the net. Taiwan had none.

Homare Sawa (Nippon TV), Asia's best female footballer, has become the top scorer in Japanese women's soccer by scoring her 49th goal in the 90th international match she played. Shinobu Ohno (Nippon TV), who missed the Athens Olympics, scored a hat trick in the first half. Olympian striker Eriko Arakawa (Nippon TV) scored 2 goals and was replaced by Ayako Kitamoto (Saitama) who also completed a hat trick.

Young, talented players are emerging. Aya Miyama, a 19-year-old right-side attacker playing for Okayama Yunogo Belle, made a great debut with recording 2 goals and 2 assists. She set up 7 goals out of 8 in the first half. An 18-year-old defender, Nayuha Toyoda (Nippon TV), showed solid defense and effective attack.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Re: Kirin Challenge Cup Soccer (Women)

BRAVA!! Nadeshiko Japan!! (only good thing happned to Japan recently... )

3. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Re: Japanese International Thread [R]

I don't understand what the fuss is all about either. When I saw the declared line up on Sky the day before, I seriously thought it was a bad joke. As it turned out unsurprisingly (to me), Japan lost, but I'm surprised Japan didn't lose by more than 3.

It's a bit of disrespect by Zico as well. As it stands Japan seem to have A, B and C teams, with some circumstantial overlaps. I haven't heard of A team being assembled since vs Czech and England/Iceland games. B played in AFC2004. Then there's C, which looks like a scrap team made of "Oh-lets-try-him" player, with some olympics players (who lost badly in Athens), untried players and players coming back from injury/bad form. C played vs Argentina and Germany.

I think it's such a waste of friendly games to play semi-C team against the likes of Argentina and Germany. Reading the events running up to the game, even the likes of Inamoto was thrown in just so that he gets a decent match practice as it was his first proper game in 6 months. Suzuki the clown isn't even worth mentioning at this point in time, and perhaps Alex was the only 1 thrown into the mess who could've done something useful, but in my view he's too much of a russian roulette to be relied upon when the rest of the A team isn't in. The frame of mind is all wrong. That game was used not to test Japan's strength, but to give unexperienced/unfit players some practice. I think Tamada was the only one who was in there for a good reason, but even then he was thrown into a downbeat environment half way through, with absolutely no support from the midfield.

The only surprising thing about that game is that Japan didn't lose 6-0. What a waste of potentially a great friendly game. (excuse my ugly first post but I couldn't help jumping into this "doom and gloom" parody).

EDIT: congrats to woman's team by the way (though I know next to nothing about them).

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

I agree with your complaints. It seems when Zico should be bringing in the best players, he puts out a garbage team instead. I guess the only thing on his mind is world cup qualification, and he doesn't want to risk the good players.

I don't think there were many Olympic players on there though. Who played besides Okubo? I would actually think Zico should try a couple more of that group. They didn't exactly "lose badly" in Athens. They lost by one goal in high scoring games against the eventual 2nd and 3rd place finishers, Paraguay and Italy.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

What bothers me about Zico's team selections isn't so much that he's not fielding the best players. You have to play your B team sometimes to try new players or as a courtesy to club teams - I can understand. My problem is more with which second-tier players he's picking.

I mean, we all know what Suzuki can do. We know Fujita and Ogasawara aren't dependable. And why do we see Kaji and Santos every game? Surely, they are not the best that Japan has to offer.

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

I can't really understand the selections, except Ogasawara, one of the best players in the league. I think he does fine as long as the players around him make some attempt to move towards the goal..

Does Zico really plan to use Suzuki, Fujita, and Kaji in the world cup? I think that would be a disgrace. Hopefully he'll take a hint from the Korea coach and try some new guys.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

S'allright. Heaven knows Zico has given fans of Japan plenty of such opportunities.

BTW, welcome to the boards.

8. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Japanese national team against Kazakhstan and Syria

It's basically the same as before. The Japanese national team to play North Korea on Feb. 9 will be announced after Feb. 2 when Europe-based players, namely Nakamura, Takahara, Okubo, Inamoto, and Yanagisawa, join the team.

Goalkeepers:
    • Narazaki (Nagoya Grampus Eight)
    • Doi (FC Tokyo)
    • Kawaguchi (Jubilo Iwata)
    Defenders:
    • Tanaka (Jubilo Iwata)
    • Matsuda (Yokohama F Marinos)
    • Miyamoto (Gamba Osaka)
    • Santos (Urawa Reds)
    • Tsuboi (Urawa Reds)
    • Kaji (FC Tokyo)
    • Nakazawa (Yokohama F Marinos)
    • Chano (JEF Ichihara)
    • Nishi (Jubilo Iwata)
    • Miura (Tokyo Verdy)
    Midfielders:
    • Endo (Gamba Osaka)
    • K. Nakata (Kashima Antlers)
    • Ogasawara (Kashima Antlers)
    • Fukunishi (Jubilo Iwata)
    • Fujita (Jubilo Iwata)
    • Motoyama (Kashima Antlers)
    • Abe (JEF United Ichihara)
    Forwards:
    • Suzuki (Kashima Antlers)
    • Kubo (Yokohama F Marinos)
    • Tamada (Kashiwa Reysol)
    Positives:
    • Kubo and Tsuboi come back.
    • An Olympian midfielder Abe is added to team.
    • There's training from Jan. 17 to Jan. 28.
    Negatives:
    • Suzuki and Kaji are still there.
    • Ono might miss the WCQ against North Korea due to ankle injury.
    • Zico implies that Hidetoshi Nakata is not ready to play and thus will not be called up, either.
    • Some players will be overused next year because of the congested football calendar.

9. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ithink Okuro from G Osaka should try for NT

10. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have a question for my Japanese friends here: Ono just got injured and from what I've heard is going to go through surgery. Any of you have any idea how long he will be out?

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    6 weeks is the word right now. Which means he would miss the first WCQ against North Korea.

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

good luck

13. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    IC, so I'm assuming he'll be back in shape for the Iran encounter. Thanks for the info.

14. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

You meant Oguro. Unfortunately, he pulled a calf muscle and is out of action for three weeks. He scored a total of 20 goals, including two hat tricks.

I'd like to see Hasebe of Urawa in the NT. He's also the Best Eleven.

15. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

Alex is not at all good...? I thought he was not that bad when Nakata Hide was there....

Maybe, Zico needs Alex there in the team for... some kinda communication? nahhhhhh...!!

16. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Perhaps Zico just wants a left back who's also an attacking threat, a la Roberto Carlos?

17. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002

I love you so much! If you leave me, I'll surely die!

18. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ah, I missed coming to these forums! The Holiday Cheer! :D

19. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Be cool, Hama-san.

Peace on Earth and all that jazz....

20. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    I've missed you watanabe2k!! How are you!?
    [​IMG]

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ono could possibly miss Japan's first 3 final round qualification matches. I hope they bring Nakata back to make up for Ono's absence.

22. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Amen. Zico doesn't seem so willing to bring Hide back to the squad, though. And Kubo will be focusing on rehabilitation.

FYI, Captain Kawabuchi has announced JFA's long-term goals.

By 2015, JFA should:

1. Increase the number of soccer lovers (e.g. registered players) to 5 million.
    2. Make Japan NT one of world's top 10 NTs (in terms of FIFA Ranking)

By 2050, JFA should:

1. Increase the number of soccer lovers to 10 million.
    2. Host and win a World Cup. (w/o co-hosting)

Do we have to wait for 45 years? I'm not sure I'm still alive.

Happy new year, folks.

23. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    hell...we had to wait till 98 for our first world cup. we're good with the paitience thing

24. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Troussier is eagerly trying to get Nakata Koji for Marseille. I'm really curious how Nakata K. is taking this offer... Or is there already anything reported on his side story??

25. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    I cannot believe that N. Korea has requested "No national anthem, no display of national flags" in the game on February 9th here. At this point, they should be disqualified!