Patrice Bernier-update!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tromsofan, Dec 12, 2004.

1. tromsofan

tromsofan New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Hi guys, seems like there is not much info on how Patrice is doing here in Tromsø. We bought him for around 80,000 american dollars this summer, and he has been truly amazing.

He plays in the deep midfield (like makelele did for real in his best days).

One of the 2 players in the 4-2-3-1 formation my club is playing. We did OK ang got ourself the 4th place and that made us get into the Royal League (4 best from norway,denmark+sweden), where were not playing well, but its kind of a tournament nobody cares about, first season with testing it and so on.

But over to Patrice. I think he has gotten his wife/gf over to Tromsø (north of the polar-circle, on the "height" of upper-alaska and Tromsø is the northernmost topclub in the world! But the middle-gulf save us! :D Its cool to think about. We just sold our best prospect, Morten Gamst Pedersen to Blackburn for about 5 million dollars. video of morten on FUTBOL MUNDIAL, telling about the city and the club and so on: www.til.no/fimer/morten.avi , and you can also catch a glimpse of Patrice there.

He is doing tremendously well, never loses the ball, always does the right things, and works like a horse. And the norwegian league is good.

Heard someone on the canadian-football-forum talking about Olivier Occean could be the most expensive player from QB if he would get sold for 1 million dollars to Gent. Our manager says that Patrice is worth at least 3 or 4 millions american dollars, and i agree. He will be sold, i think, in perhaps two seasons, for that kind of price. What a player.

Article saying what patrice is worth: http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/til-magasinet/article1342514.ece

Btw, how is it going with Kevin Harmse and Sita-Taty Matondo? They were both here, Sita for a small time, and Kevin for a rather long spell. He was a great guy off-pitch too. It only lives 60,000 in the town and its "lone" geographicly-wise, its 10 hrs to next big place, so its small :)

But hey, we make it go around!

Pics:

Patrice in action:

http://www.til.no/TilAdminClient/Pictures/Bilder/1223.jpg

Stadium Alfheim before match some weeks ago:

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1100961874.6911.jpg

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks for the update!

3. Ax2-Y

Ax2-Y New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Harmse is comming back from injury right now (sport groin), and is playing more and more each week in the VMSL. When he is healthy he will be going back to europe to try out with some teams. He has told me that he may be going back to Tromso this summer.

4. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I believe Taty was loaned out to a 1st Division club after his 6-month contract and he is now a Bosman free transfer. I personally hope to see him back here in Montréal getting experience on a regular basis.

5. tromsofan

tromsofan New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Cool. Kevin had some great matches here, and i think he was a member of the team that made it all the way to the finals of all the teams in Norway under U20s, and thats a good thing :p He was almost my neighbour here too. Patrice doesnt live too far away from me. But as i said before, Patrice will be big, and would fit perfectly in in Spain, Italy or something, where they need workinghorses for the rest of the primadonnas to play with the ball :D

6. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Not you too! :rolleyes:
    Just 'cause you're not doing too good, you say the tournament isn't worth anything.. You're just like the swedes! ;)

[​IMG]
    That's always a funny picture :)

7. tromsofan

tromsofan New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Not going to take that discussion. It is not many spectators, interests, anything. Do anybody say that CL sucks because theyre not doing good? No.

People just dont care about it.

And why is it funny? When i see it i get proud that we can play matches at this time of the year. How is it funny? Youre not living very far away, you have a **************** pitch. Its not like you havent seen snow before. Do you think its funny that its 40 degrees celsius in Australia?