Nike Thread [10] - all info & questions Nike to be posted here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrphan09

mrphan09 Member

Mar 26, 2010
    London
    yeah it's true, i'm really curious about how pricing will go with the new boots

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Uk or us sizing? As in' selling my Orion blue sf

3. Wellzsauce

Wellzsauce Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how in anyway did you gather that from what I said...

4. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    US sizing 11 OR 10.5 thats euro 45 OR 44.5

5. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    11=45 10,5=44,5

6. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I wear a US 11.5 in Mercurial Vapor V's what size would I look for in Superfly 1 & 2's and what size in Mercurial Vapor SL's?

7. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Complaining about over priced Nike boots is getting old, very old.

1 person likes this.
  8. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. If the price bothers you, don't buy it. Apparently people's desire to buy them is greater than their distain for the price, so either people REALLY love their vapors, or the price isn't that big of a deal.

9. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    *yawn* if I can afford $400, I dont see why I shouldn't buy a pair. search my post history, I always hated the idea of a $400 boots. I even made fun of them quite often. However, I don't hate it anymore after I have worn a pair, they really are great boots.

Please do not make fun of boots that you have never worn regularly. How legit can the opinions of someone be if he hasn't or couldn't even afford it in the first place.

Honestly, price aside, they are great boots.

10. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    lol your last comment contradicted everything you just said, "PRICE ASIDE". It's what this whole debate is about, that no boots are worth that much, no boot is that good or is going to effect your game that you need to spend an extra 150 pounds. I've tried them on for 30 minutes and they're no better then most high-end boots on the market. You probably get a little thrill of wearing expensive boots but once that goes away you just have a boot thats no better then adizeros.

11. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    comparing them to adizeros is just stupid. adizero sythetics are crap!

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AGREED!!

I also agree with the comment that said its getting rare to actually see someone in vapors at the minute. I saw quite a few ppl wearing the purple miracles. And i've seen a few ppl in the WC miracles. The pitches by me have quite a lot of kids teams training on them, and from what i can see its clear that the cheaper Adipures have over taken the vapor in popularity. Most of the kids had them.

appleCORR

13. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I've always said they were expensive boots, that's what makes it exclusive and they are great boots.

Honestly if anyone love the adizeros... great. I have tried them on too and played a friendly in them, but I don't go running to the Adidas forums and claiming doom or glory.....

I don't need to justify my SF really, I can afford them and I like them, that's the only justification I need. If anyone feel ripped off then please don't buy it, I don't want to see everyone in the same boots as me anyway.

Stop the weekly SF bashing please, the SF owners really like them, the ones who hate them usually don't even have a pair.

14. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Sample Sf's like what ? different boots or just blackouts or ?

15. misterbroom12

misterbroom12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly Nike have done all the price figures mapped out and still find that with the SF at $400 they make more of a profit than if they are at $300. If the number of sales of the SL's at the $300 mark didn't drastically decrease from sales of the Vapor IV at $220, they knew it was worth keeping them on the market. They came out with the SFI and sold them at $350 because they projected that the decrease in sales from SL's to SFI at a higher price would not be great enough to warrant the price decreasing or staying the same for the top-end boot. Then again based on SFI sales numbers and how the $50 price increased fared from SL to SFI Nike again could project that another $50 price increase for the SFII wouldn't hurt their income, rather it would help it. They clearly have the justification for selling their boots at these extreme prices because they make more money doing so than if the prices were still around $300. On top of that, with the prices at $400 for the SFII it makes it that much easier in a persons mind to justify spending the $200 on the now "obsolete" Vapor line where Nike make just as much money for their 2nd tier boot as adidas do for their top of the line ones. So until sales drastically drop for the top-end boot of the Mercurial line, the prices will just keep going up because the profit margin warrants the decrease in sales for them all while it advertises the 2nd tier boot due to its more convenient price. I personally love the SFII and think it warrants the price tag. Yes, I would love if they weren't $400 but they are an amazing boot and I would rather pay for the pro's of the SFII than pay for the pro's of any other boot.

16. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only good thing about Nike is that they protect your investment. If you buy one pair of superflys you're pretty much set for a year or two. Cos once you wear them to the ground you can send them in for a new pair.

17. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I love this about Nike as well, in terms of the return/warranty issue. I just got my voucher back from some CTR's that ripped a lace holder. It was super easy and didn't need a receipt...which I never keep. I'm just going to use the voucher on some CTR II's or MAYBE some SF III's, depending on the changes they made, if any.

I know some people that have ruined Adizero's and they aren't really sure what to do. Most people end up going back to the retailer..which is all dependent upon on who you're dealing with.

18. misterbroom12

misterbroom12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another very good reason the $400 for one pair of boots is worthwhile. If at any point within 2 whole years of the boots release, it falls apart in any way that it shouldn't, Nike backs their product and ponies up the full $400 for you so you can buy another pair from their site even if you bought them elsewhere and on sale. They understand that the prices of their boots aren't cheap and they stand behind their quality, something that some other brands don't do.

19. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, bunch of spoiled kids talking, but seriously does the toe box on vi get smaller after it been broken in

20. Seven07

Seven07 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    What is the warranty for nike vapor V? is it from date purchased or date on shoe?

21. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    date on the shoe on the tag, 2 years.

22. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    lol you guys are just covering the part of law concerning faulty goods, Nike is obligated to give you a return, so is adidas puma etc. They're not doing it out of kindness.

23. PortDarwinStud

PortDarwinStud New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you're prepared to waste and extra $200 on a pair of shoes full of gimmicks. In saying that, I could see myself giving in to a pair of superfly's soon, but I won't be stupid enough to pay full price.

24. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Yep Nike have to give refunds on thier faulty goods it's the law, they are not doing it because they are kind. You seriously thought they do it because they stand by some sort of Mark of quality? Wake up