Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by shuvy87, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    continue here

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So, Yano a done deal!! :eek:

3. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, imo it was quick and out of nothing, didnt expect a move by Yano (although he also had offer from Russia).

But GL to him here in Germany!!! Already told some Freiburg fans not to expect TOO much. :D

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that the scouting of some of these clubs should be under question at some of these clubs.

I mean Yano, FFS is going to Europe which completely blows my mind. Sadly it seems like most of these teams are told to find a player that will be decent and generate revenue i.e. Japanese players. They probably go on Wikipedia and look at the Japanese National Team squad and choose a player. Which is sad because there are plenty of players in Japan that do not have a single cap, but are miles better than Yano. Players like Usami, Makino, etc etc. These players would be a much better investment than a player who has scored 30 goals in 120+ matches.

Obviously I am exaggerating most of this stuff, but it somewhat pains me to see crappy players going abroad when there are much better players to choose from. (Not saying that I'm not happy that Yano is leaving)

5. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think there has been any scouting really. All past and current Japanese players in Germany have been and are represented by one agency and I would be surprised if it was different with Yano or if this particular agency was not behind this move.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Transfer of players is -at times- a completely random matter.

A club or a sponsor say "get me a Japanese striker," the manager sees a DVD of Yano's goals from last year, sees he is tall, has played WC, price is reasonable, and the deal is done.

7. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Interesting piece on the recent history of Leicester City at the well-respected twohundredpercent.net blog, here.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida (FC Schalke) is in Group B of UCL: Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, H.Tel Aviv (Israel) - good group.

In Europa League:
    Kagawa (Dortmund) is in Group J: Sevilla, PSG, Dortmund, Karpaty (Ukraine)

Honda (CSKA) is in Group F: CSKA, Palermo, Sparta Praha, Lausanne

Kagawa got a pretty tough europa group but the other two have had good draws.

9. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Nagatomo will face La Roma tonight.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Uchida is playing pretty well against Hannover even though his team is losing. Comes forward all the time with a great quality of pass.

11. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but if he looses the ball easily in offense, there is almost nobody covering for him, also their center backs suck, whole defense work has to be improved ... doesnt look good so far this season, nothing compared to last years defense at Schalke

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    True. Left the game, Hao in. I hope Magath is not too disappointed.

13. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Takahara with 2 goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZHoXpp_XU"]YouTube- Suwon Bluewings?Takahara Naohiro Debut Goal against FC Seoul (1)[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwKAHLexrU"]YouTube- Suwon Bluewings?Takahara Naohiro Second Goal Against FC Seoul (2)[/ame]​

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ooooh god Nagatomo almost scored against Roma. He really gained the upper hand over Uchida.

15. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but sure Cesena has to do a lot more defensive work today against Roma but they are doing well so far :)

16. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    ..and the Matsui to Tomtomsk deal seems like it's a done deal now as well. It will be a 4-month loan, and he'll likely come back to the J. League in the new year (2011).

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/flash/KFullFlash20100828131.html

Though it's already been mentioned in this forum (part I), I can't help but be dissapointed that he's going to Russia for what could be his last hurrah, instead of say, coming on as a super sub in a CL team like FC Porto, whom supposedly gave him an offical offer as well.

17. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Thanks for the update. Do you have a stream, btw?

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    This Matsui's deal is just ridiculous. I wish I was able to see him a last time, live in a stadium. Got to see him last year during the first stage of L1, Grenoble - Marseille, but I forgot to take pictures :( .

Stream : http://atdhe.net/23217/watch-as-roma-vs-cesena

19. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Thanks a lot!

20. TheR9

TheR9 New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Nagatomo played well. As much as I want him to do well against Milan next week, I think we'll beat Cesena. Hopefully it won't be Nagatomo's fault.

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nice shot by Nagatomo to come close to scoring.
    Shame he got a yellow for a pointless clipping of Totti's heels.

I really wanted my Roma to win though. Cesena keeper made some great saves.
    I hope this isn't the 3rd season in a row where Roma sleeps through the first 1/4 of the season...

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great to see that Nagatomo played well.

Will Mori play tonight?

Is Hasebe still injured or is he totally out in the cold?

Cottbus won today, I wonder if Soma played.

Uchida looked good yesterday also, but again his defensive skills arent that good.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Soma played the whole match. Easy victory.
    Glad to see Wolfsburg losing for the second time in a row, maybe they will call back a certain defensive midfielder ... :)

24. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hasebe is still out injured...should be fit for the NT games though

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey.

Will Kagawa start?