Where will buddle be Next Year?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by NYRedBullKid, Jun 15, 2010.

1. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buddle will be here with Landon.....;)

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    When I said..
    I wasnt teasing. Exactly the sort Fulham looks for.

And I {or 100 others} could have written that NOTW blurb. So it IS 'credible' to the extent that it is a long-shot guess based on plausibility. Worth about as much as the writer {prolly an intern} got paid for it.. yet sure could happen.

What is NOT plausible is that both Donovan and Buddle are in LAG 2011 pre-season camp.
    You seem to confuse Edson with Jeff Cunningham. He isnt like Jeff Cunningham. Don't you think I would know that?

4. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Wouldn't really be that much of a stretch... kind of reminds me of the McBride deal. Same club same type of move. Other than the fact McBride was actually a lock starter in the '02 cup. The only problem is the writer obviously isn't that familiar with Ed if he thinks that he's an Erik Nevland type striker... he's actually more like Bobby Z just with a better scoring prowess.

At this point I'd say it's a 50/50 chance. He does have Dempsey on his side I'm sure he's told the Fulham brass good things about Ed.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oh, CRAP. You had to use 'ED'. !!!!!

There's the downside of Fulham on Buddle.

Buddle is no Eddie Johnson, either.. but you'd end up quarreling with 95% of the FFC fans about the possibility he might be.

6. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Actually did some searching after that link to his deal... I'm not so sure that it's fluff as a couple of sources seem to indicate a deal is in the works.

Think that it could potentially be a great deal for him because Bobby Z is injury prone and the EPL is one helluva long season. With EJ on loan and Erik Nev gone Buddle could actually find his way into a lot of playing time. Of course this is based whether the deal goes through.

All you have to tell FFC fans is that Edson's touch is 100x better than Eddie Johnson's... he's also great in the air which EJ never was and when healthy can be quite the force. Buddle is in a good place right now I'd say it's the perfect time to try out Europe and I couldn't think of a better fit than Fulham.

I'm not going to lie.. part of me hopes if this is true that he scores a few goals and sticks it to Bob for not giving him a start with or over Jozy.

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this happens for Edson, I'd be thrilled for him.

8. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be thrilled for him, but less than thrilled about our strike force afterward.

9. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    No love for Bowen?

10. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He'll be living it up in the hotel California..

11. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thats an upside, we get to see how Bowen handles full time. Still, we don't want to completely hand him the reins considering he is 19.

12. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Is there a Hotel California in London that I'm unaware of?

13. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's good news on our end, hope Edson is ok with that!

14. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    No disrespect to the Galaxy... but why on earth would he pass up on a better salary and chance to play in the EPL with a decent mid-table squad?!??

15. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To put it simply, he wouldn't. Its not disrespect to us to say that Fulham are a better club with a lot more money in a better league then us. Whether a team like Fulham is actually going to take a flyer on him is another story.

16. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I have no idea juniorLA but if he is offered a handsome nest egg I can't see anyone turning that down... I do know he loves L.A. and wants to get the MLS Cup this year. :)

17. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont see a team picking up Buddle.
    Hes really had no chance to show himself.

Id say if he does get picked up he would end up in a place like Greece, Sweden, Portugal, first division in England, Belgium, or countries like that.

18. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Edson gets a call from a team like Fulham he has to go. There is no DP-type contract coming from MLS no matter how many goals he scores in LA, so this is his last shot at the brass ring and I wouldn't blame him for going. There is more money in the EPL and more potential glory ie. Europa League, FA cup, etc. Hope AEG and MLS get more than 600K though.

19. NYRedBullKid

NYRedBullKid New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    MLS wont get anything. His contract is up at the end of the season, so MLS will not have the rights to Buddle to ask for a transfer fee.

20. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I tried pointing this out earlier... just making a WC squad is a huge deal transfer wise. He's done plenty up to this point to garner some interest from overseas... his hot start in the MLS... making the WC squad and then his Brace against Australia in the final tune-up match.

On top of that you have Dempsey who has probably been contacted by Fulham about his teammate and David Becks warning the English team ahead of time that Buddle posed a threat to them he's got good word of mouth.

It's not his fault Bradley rolled out Findley 3 times in this WC and then even had the balls to start Gomez -- frankly nothing but a Super-sub/poacher -- over Edson.

I guarantee you if Buddlle had started 1 or 2 games for the U.S. he would have nabbed at least 1 goal in the tournament.

Bob just totally mismanaged the tournament and if it wasn't for brilliant individual performances i.e. Bradley, Donovan... we never would have made it out of the group stages.

21. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Edson's best revenge for not starting in S.A. will be his scoring totals and the MLS Cup for The Galaxy.

22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support this post 100%.

:)

I have no issues with Edson taking out his World Cup frustrations on the rest of our league....