Where will buddle be Next Year?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by NYRedBullKid, Jun 15, 2010.

1. NYRedBullKid

NYRedBullKid New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    With the rumors of a big DP coming in July and this being a contract year for Buddle. Will the Galaxy be able to afford him next year? I bet there will be some teams overseas looking to sign him.

What do u think?

2. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To answer your original question: Carson, CA.

Dude's on the wrong side of 25 to be picked up by a big side. He has very little national team experience and has run hot and cold his whole MLS career. Plus, it looks as though Mr. Bornstien's negatives have found their way into Robbie Findley's hands, so we won't see much Buddle on the field in South Africa. He'll be a star in MLS again next year, which (I'd guess) is quite alright with him.

3. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto:)

4. enigma89

enigma89 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Farmingdale, NY
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree!! Edison Buddle will stay w/ the Galaxy.

5. NYRedBullKid

NYRedBullKid New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    I hope ur right

6. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to think that's the case, but McBride went to England the first time when he was 28, and ended up having a great career there. Big, powerful forwards are more likely to have longer careers, so I wouldn't be shocked if (assuming he looks good in SA) Buddle gets some offers.

7. Rudedeck

Rudedeck Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Section 107 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diddier Drogba is 32 and just won the EPL's golden boot. Buddle going overseas isn't out of the question---as previously pointed out, the bigger forwards seems to have a longer shelf life.

---Rude(he won't get much looks unless he sees the pitch more in this World Cup)Deck

8. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he stays right here in LA.

9. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless he explodes onto the World Cup scene, he's staying right here.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  11. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    He will probably still be with the Los Angeles Galaxy, top goalscoring in MLS doesn't always = good play in Europe... Johnson still struggles and the Only great Forward playing in Europe was Mcbride... Unless he scores some goals in SA and gets over 15 goals in MLS than maybe...

12. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will probably still be sitting on a bench in South Africa thinking "How can Findley get the call over me, he has been useless!"

13. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should see minutes against Algeria since Findley is suspended, and likely start. Gomez is a supersub, so a forward pairing of Altidore-Buddle is likely.

14. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he gets passed over for the Algeria game Galaxy fans can be assured he'll be back with us for a while. You can't be in the shop window if you don't get off the bench. Maybe he'll be real pissed and score 20 goals in the 2nd half of the season. The less he plays the more it helps the Galaxy, from where I sit.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows about next year, but on Wednesday he better be starting against Algeria. And scoring goals....

16. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup :)

17. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Galaxy bring in one of the big name Strikers who have been mentioned, Buddle won't get much playing time here. It would be best to trade hime for a couple good, young, less expensive players.

I don't especially want to move him to another team, but it might end up being the best use of the cap space.

18. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you figure? Who would play ahead of him?

Bowen? Magee? Methinks not.

19. Rudedeck

Rudedeck Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Section 107 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More reason why I don't want a DP @ forward. Why bring in an international player and trade or bench a player that is leading the league in GOALS? Why hinder the development of Bowen?

---Rude(if it ain't broke, don't fix it)Deck

20. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. Buddle is our top scorer, and Bowen is showing real promise. He is quick and is not afraid to strike.

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    No major league in Europe will sign buddle. Maybe a Sweden or Belgium but nothing more. I am sure Buddle's contract here will be renewed with more $$ and he will be happy here. Him and Bowen are our future currently and those two should be an interesting pair because their games seem perfect for eachother. Then we have donovan and Beckham on the wings with Dema and Stephens central. Maybe Beckham central with Stephens out wide

22. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you're right I feel bad for him,go there just to sit on the bench.
    Findley better than Buddle???C'mon Bradley:rolleyes:

i

23. Rudedeck

Rudedeck Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Section 107 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to Michael about when Beck's returns--he said he and Arena havent discussed that at this time. Told him I thought the team would be better with him out wide.

---Rude(he said he just hoped to stay on the pitch)Deck

24. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC

No offense but that's nonsense.

#1 Just making a WC squad gets you on the radar of few teams in Europe... especially if you make a squad that has the potential to advance. Playing in the WC automatically trounces the fact he's been an MLS lifer. His goal scoring form is an added bonus to all this.

#2 His unexpected (to some anyways) brace against Australia has probably put him under the bullseye of a few teams across the pond.

#3 Regardless of the bipolar view of some of the posters on here he's received decent minutes so far and hasn't looked great... but promising nonetheless.

#4 If we advance past Ghana and have a good quarterfinal match and Edson see's minutes in either two of those matches he's pretty much gone if you ask me. (it's always been his dream).

#5 He's been on the radar of a couple of mid-lower level teams in the premiership for years (Blackburn for example) and has finally reached his potential.

#6 If he actually knocked in a goal you can pretty much guarantee he's going somewhere.

-- As someone who has devoted plenty of time watching the EPL over the years I'd say Edson could easily trot out for anyone of a few bottom to mid-tier squads in the EPL... especially with is above-average aerial prowess.

You won't hear it here first, but Edson won't be a Galaxy player for long when the WC ends.

25. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Edson could have done enough to get a contract overseas if Bradley had just given him minutes but without really showing what he could do on the world's biggest stage our soon-to-be ex national team coach cost Buddle his last good chance at the European brass ring. Bradley may have also cost AEG an opportunity to cash in on Buddle's hot MLS streak. With Bowen waiting in the wings this was Edson's window of opportunity.

I hope he's pissed and lights up the league for a 30 goal season!