Manchester United V Liverpool (R)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by 655321, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    By the way, I don't know if any of you are seeing this...but this Liverpool side is more and more turning into what Bayern Munich is now. Both face very similar problems.

2. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Alonso wasnt bad.

3. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    Have to be disapointed with conceding such easy goals off of set-pieces, but I was most disapointed with the play of Cisse. He simply didn't try very hard at all. Also, why the heck didn't someone take Ronaldo out when he was busy dribbling around like a little sissy girl? All I wanted was for Josemi to totally wipe him out and then trash talk Ronaldo while he wallowed on the ground. That would have made my day. The only thing I was really disapointed in was the set pieces. If Liverpool had just marked better, this would have been a draw. Manchester had more desire for the whole 90 minutes, but they were not head and shoulders better.

4. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Josemi was on the other side of the field. However, if we go down two, I bring on Traore, shuffle things around, and put Josemi at left back and tell him to put that little prick in his place.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh...I don't think Josemi would have effectively shut Ronaldo out anyways...He wasn't Liverpool's only concern. And Alonso had a real good shot on goal, but that's about it.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Outclassed in the first half, I was wondering if Cisse ahd scored how the game would have been different. Second half we started to look better (but we missed Stevie) then the scum started to unravell. Poll gave them a free corner, there's always something with that arsehole, and that was the game. Without that corner it was a point each.

7. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Was it Alonso that finally went through Ronaldo's back in the second half? I'm also not sure why that took so long. He should have been stood up much sooner.

8. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    some people just have no class, made my day that ronaldo made you look like a 1st division side, i think the correct description for this match is out classed.

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    To you I say Piss off back to the hole you crawled out of.

To the others

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Agreed usscouse, but we were most definitely outplayed today, nobody to blame but ourselves. From the first whistle, we didn't even look like we wanted to be there. And what can I say about Cisse? He played absolutely horrible, seemed like he didn't even want to run or pressure to win the ball. All I saw was a lack of effort and it cost us 3 points.

11. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I found it odd that we actually looked better once Gerrard left the field. Does anyone know how long he was playing injured?

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Cisse, I kept thinking Diouf..!

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok... before the game I stated that if you guys played a 4-5-1 we would stand a better chance of winning and that the less Baros played the better for United... so said, so done. The reason you should play the 4-4-2 is that Garcia is not really a number 10.

He is a good midfielder on his day, but he is more effective on the wing and also, Alonso and Gerrard (when he was in) really did not get into the game as they should have. Also, in the future Didi should be playing with Gerrard (now he will play with Alsonso) because Stevie and Xabi are both good two way players, but neither really have the defensive mid mentality... Xabi probably cannot do the job, and Stevie should not do the job.. he should be your number 10 type player if anyone.

Another reason for Garcia on the wing is that he would have forced Giggs (Ronaldo in 2nd half) to be a bit more prudent when going forward and he might have gotten a yellow out of Heinze early... I have found that when he gets yellowed early he understandably is less a factor in the game and he was really a class player for us today, disrupting alot and bruising Finan.

14. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Your basing this opionion on one game. Garcia was our best player against West Brom and Monaco playing right behind Cisse. He was the key to our fluent attack. Baros and Cisse can't create for each other and they rely on others to create for them. That puts way to much pressure on the midfield. I agree that we are still weak on one of the wings if Garcia is up front, but perhaps Nunez is the answer on the right wing.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Fair enough... are u telling me though that Gerrard cannot create for Baros and Cisse? Also, if any team in the league other than Arsenal has 2 strikers who can create for themselves its pool with Cisse and Milan

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well....great news, Gerrad will be out for about 2 months...more to worry about for Liverpool. I wonder how it will affect them in the Champions League.

17. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Gerrard injured is great news?? Aren't you trolling here? Just like what we've suspected, you've been pretending to be either a Pool fan or at least a Neutral all this while, you Manure twat!! :mad:

18. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I believe he's practicing what the adults call "sarcasm"...

19. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    YSB.

20. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    BTW...you need to state your affiliation or expect noone to ever take you seriously in either the LFC or Man United boards.

21. U-N-I-T-E-D

U-N-I-T-E-D New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    MANCHESTER
    Always the ref's fault, :rolleyes:

Here's a little quote for you:
    "the Kop influenced more referees than I care to remember in penalty decisions."
    Phil Thompson.

Referees hey!

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if he calls that penalty on Hyypia, we would have won 3-1.

See how lame that sounds, usscouse?

23. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    As much as I believe in Luis Garcia after watching him play at Barza ... yesterday the sub of Milan for him was clear.

LG had absolutely no space to make his play ... and in all honesty, it looked to me he was intimidated with the game and the surroundings. Yesterday ManU really put pressure on him ... both in zone and with a few :gifts" to his ankles. I respect Rafa a lot, but he stuck with LG too long.

Second, the defending on those corners was really terrible, despite the fact that the 2nd corner was wrongly given to ManU. I wonder if Cisse's change was due to not coming back to cover Silvestre ...

Lastly, it is a complete bummer that Gerard will be out for 2 months. If something positive can be dug out, is that it will "pressure" Xabi Alonso to fit into this team and lead it, as he did at Real Sociedad. Xabi Alonso is pure class, and expect him to perform a great first season at Liverpool.

Good luck peeps ... an indirect fan of this year's team here.

24. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Oooohhh...that showed us!!!

I think it's clear that almost everybody on these boards accepts the match as a full on defeat that was deserved.

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update on today's Carling Cup matches: [result]1951 GOAL: Grimsby 0-1 Charlton
    Danny Murphy fires the Premiership side ahead with a free-kick. [/result]
    Could've used that yesterday, eh?