Manchester United V Liverpool (R)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by 655321, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Should be a stormer...both just had very interesting CL matches.

Discuss...

P.S. Any Man United fans coming in here with anything other than intelligent discussion will be dealt with. So don't bother...(yes, I'm talking about United Forever and Christiano 007)...

2. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did Al Gore sticky this? Just curious. And Al, lay off the Krispy Kremes, buddy. You're getting your old boss's double chin.

I'd like to cast one vote for the same lineup as Wednesday. I rather enjoyed the results there.

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pity we have to wait till Monday.

Kinda takes the joy out of the weekend, yeah?

You lot have looked pretty decent lately. Gerrard is your jewel, no doubt.

I can't really predict any sort of outcome or whatnot as I have absolutely no idea who will be lining up for us... the only thing I know, is that it won't be the same lineup as Wednesday night.

Should be a good match though. It will be tough for Ruud as he's still not quite there yet being back from his injury, and your central defence always seem to be able to give him problems too.... Still, if we play as hard as we can, I like our chances in a close match. 2-1 to the home side (which may be the difference)

4. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Would that be ManU's line-up or 'Pool's?
    I enjoyed both results.

5. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    I predict a bitter 1-0 loss.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ------Dudek
    Josemi --Sami--JC--JAR
    Finnan--Alonso--SG--Harry
    -------Garcia
    -----------Cisse

Subs:
    Kirkland
    Baros
    Hamann
    Warnock
    Biscan

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This game will turn on which keeper lets in the fewest soft goals. At this point, its definitely a toss up. However, if Silvestre starts as a CB for United, I have a feeling Timmay is going to look glum at least a couple of times on the night.

8. fatboy slim-fast

fatboy slim-fast New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Jersey/NYC
    I hope Timmay starting!! Won't predict a score cuz when I do... we lose.

9. Loman

Loman New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    CT, USA
    I predict a 2 - 1 Manchester United win, even though I am a Liverpool fan.

Same line up as champions league I bet, but Raffa likes to tinker, so who knows.

10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-nil on a Danny Murphy free kick -- oh I was having a deja vu :D

11. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    I was just about to say that, 1-0 on a Danny Murphy PK, but nevermind. LB beat me to the punch

12. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [cliche] great minds, think a like [cliche] ;)

13. Bjornebye

Bjornebye Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Grimstad
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Heheh...

Any form of victory would be satisfying here. It will be important to pressure their backs and their 'keeper', shut down their flanks and close some of our own gaps in midfield. Goals would be nice, as well. Lots of goals.

Stig

14. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    nothing but a manc thrashing will do :D

ManUre 1-3 'pool

15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope Baros starts instead of Cisse (awful first touch). And may Wednesday's form, for both teams, continue.

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Should be interesting.

I am not sure how this will go.

Of course Motterman is right that Man U being at home should count for something. I am not sure how Garcia will react to the bone crunching tackles he is sure to be on the end of.

Gerrard is gonna have to play at his best and Kewell is gonna have to continue to improve.

Dudek's odd lapses are still a concern for me as well.

I am confident that we will play well, I am not sure that we have enough players with experience of playing Man U away in a white-hot atmosphere. And I don't think Rafa is fully aware of this aspect of it either, just yet.

My prediction? A 1-1 draw.

I am so nervous I am taking all day off on Monday for my Dr. Benitez appointment.

17. augie

augie Member

Mar 22, 2000
    St. John, USVI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fearing deja vu from midweek.

Joy as Liverpool go in front 2-0, a first half strike from Cisse equaled in the second by his substitute Baros.

Then...in the 68th and 74th minutes of stoppage time horseface draws the home side level.

:mad:

18. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Rio returning, and Ruud back, MU will be significantly tougher than they have been at any other time this season. That said, I am excited by Liverpool's new style - Benitez really does appear to know what he is doing. I was dubious at first, but the addition of Xabi and Garcia, esp. the latter, have upgraded our attack, adding diversity to what had been pretty staid at the start of the season..

Hopefully, Sami can sit on RVN, and Xabi and SG can control the midfield, forcing MU to attack from out wide. The wild card is CRonaldo, who keeps improving every time I see him play.

I'm guessing a tie, but believe that there is a real good chance for all 3 points.

19. Captain Sassy Pants

Captain Sassy Pants New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    I agree to both :D

I would like to see Cisse come on late in the game as I think his pace will be good against fatigued defenders.

I just hope Baros links well with Garcia and Kewell like Cisse is doing, from CL match

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I shouldn't worry too much about Rio [for now anyway]; Baros (or whoever starts), Kewell and Garcia will give him such a run around that he will be out of breath by the 10th minute. Plus, you can always depend on Wes Brown for a spectacular own goal. I agree RVN and CR could be tricky but that's all manure is likely to throw up. We, on the other hand, have Xabi, Garcia and Super Steven G at the very least.

Hopefully by then Jay-Jay & co. will have popped the snarlin' Arses' bubble. Roll on Monday.

21. Anomaly385

Anomaly385 New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    This is going to be a huge game, especially for Rafa. We should be able to beat Manchester, especially since they aren't having the greatest of seasons so far. Rio back should not be a big deal because he is out of form, plus we have two great unknowns in Cisse and Garcia running at him and the central defence.. should cause a couple of scum to wet their knackers :). Im hoping that Ronaldo travels over to the left wing, does a little fancy stepover and then Josemi totally takes him out.

A draw should be a given, and we should get the full 3 points.. Ill say 2-1 us, with Kewell and Cisse on the scoresheet. Should be a great game, but I'm just mad that I lost FSW and I can't watch it.

22. Bjornebye

Bjornebye Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Grimstad
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Graham Poll, in case anyone's curious.

Stig

23. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ugh.

24. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Huh, you are forever... like we've not heard you before. :rolleyes:

25. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

the 3 spanish signings start all the time?