Official 2010 J2 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by goru_no_ura, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please keep this thread mainly for discussing about J2 games only!

2. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    Re: 2010 J2 Official Thread [R]

Predict 35 Mito wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw. Kindness to, I don't know, Kumamoto.

3. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
  4. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    In case nobody noticed, from this year J2 league matches allow 7 bench subs instead of 5.

It's about time someone realized that J2 clubs have the capacity to field 18 players!

5. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Oita might have an argument with that.

6. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Kitakyushu only had five subs, too.

7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Was at Sapporo Dome today, and saw an awful Consadole-side be hammered by Avispa. Avispa doesnt look anything like last year, they were strong in defence, very good at putting pressure on Consadole, and quick on the break. Consadole on the other hand seemed to lack everything. Two things we knew they were gonna miss this season were muscles and aerial strength, and against a physical strong side as Avispa that became very apparent. But there were some nice things to take from the game too, and hopefully they will be better prepared for next game. But playing with Uesato and Miyazawa as central midfielders were literally suicide agianst Avispa today. Dont get me wrong, I like both players (especially Uesato), but they are no Danilson. I thought maybe Haga would take Danilson's place this season, but he plays as a right-back instead.

REally nice to see a huge crowd as well, the official number said 21 000, but I actually think it was more. I went to a couple of matches last season as well where they tipped the 20 000 mark, and compared to those matches the stadium looked alot more full today. perhaps it was the "Gon-effect" that caused the high attendance.

8. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 2010 J2 Official Thread [R]

I agree, J1 next year!!!

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Another one bites the dust... 34 more games until promotion ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOa_8imkKiA"]YouTube- 2010 J2?02? ????????? vs ????????[/ame]

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Top of the league :D

Edit: efffen Yokohama FC.....

Hold that thought until next week

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You've gotta tell me how a J1 team let Oguro play in J2. I mean, he's not the best anymore but he can score. A lot of goals.

12. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is the best continuation of a discussion we had about Cerezo strikers.

Oh sorry, we have Bando and Takahashi instead. How can anyone be jealous of such an attacking line :eek:

13. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That ain't no joke. Winning their first 2 games by a combined 6-1 is not the Wasps I know. Course we all know this is J League (1 or 2 it doesn't matter) and what happens at the start of the season doesn't mean it will end that way. Still, even though they lost to Kashiwa (1-0) they looked good doing it. This might be a very exciting year in the Fukuoka Prefecture.

14. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah they look much better than I thought. Their only major signing were Nagasato, and he has been better than expected. But also the two rookies Sueyoshi and Nagamichi have impressed so far. I had them at 7th - 10th prior to this season, but if they can continue to play the way they have so far this season then they might even get themselves involved in the promotion-fight, as an outsider / dark horse.

15. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, Vortis!

16. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    and Wow Fukuoka! ( especially Nagasato, who has gone from being a nobody at Verdy to one of the best players in J2 so far this season. Of course, its not likely he will manage to keep up his form, but still, he has had a great start at his new club).

Nice to see Consadole pick up another win as well.

17. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why are you guys so surprised about Tokushima?

I've been saying all along that we are a good team. No surprises :D

18. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    There is also the small matter of the loan signings they have made, such as a pair from Sanfrecce. Hirashige has scored twice for Tokushima already.

19. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not surprised about Tokushima at all. Minobe has been building this team for the third year now and each year they are improving.

20. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The season is still in the infant stage as well, but again Fukuoka is surprising the @#$% out of me.:D

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Two observations...

1 - Won't be easy for Reysol, JEF and Trinita to come back in J1. Of course it is possible, especially for Reysol, but not a given.

2 - Lots and lots of interesting young players. Cool!

22. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Oita was ineligible for J1 because of the huge debt they have. Wasn't there something saying that if they finish top 3 that the 16th place in J1 won't be relegated?

23. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought Oita is not able to promote until they pay back the money? Can they make it already this season? Thought they will take a few years.

However, only a few games played but i dont think it will be "easy" for any team like happened the last years with Sanfrecce and Cerezo/Vegalta for example.

edit: was downstairs while still opened here, meanwhile Koshigaya asked the same :D

24. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of all the teams out there, I think Kashiwa is the closest to being a Sanfrecce situation. Their defense and keeper are arguably the best in the league, that's pretty much 80% of the battle in J2. I think Nelsinho needs to pick his rotation and stick with it. He's kinda tinkering too much right now.

It's also a short season compared to the past so anybody getting a big early lead could walk away with a spot.

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Is Daiki Takamatsu still out for long ? Can't wait to see him back in action, Kim Bo Kyung and Oguro lack a rival.