A second Canadian signed??

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by TXMilan, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Kyle McCarthy on Goal.com

1. Houston has some serious reconstruction work to do in the center of the park. With Ricardo Clark now on a short-term deal at Eintracht Frankfurt with an eye towards a long-term contract in the summer, the Dynamo has already officially lost its box-to-box midfielder. Replacing its creative presence in central midfield may be the next move after Houston COO Chris Canetti told the Houston Chronicle that he expects Stuart Holden will join Bolton. Dynamo coach Dominic Kinnear can shift the versatile Geoff Cameron into midfield to help address the void, but Cameron can't play both spots. A pair of Canadians – the recently-linked Patrice Bernier and the recently-acquired Kevin Harmse – might help to provide some depth, but Houston will likely have to make a more significant move to add some attacking thrust in midfield.

He is a 30 year old right midfielder who was playing in the Danish league. No official word from the FO.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    We don't have to worry about losing Canadians to their national team this year.

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, he can also play defensive mid. That would be a lot of players who can play defensive mid (Mulrooney, Cameron, Harmse and Bernier).

4. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Looks like with all the Canadian Players on our Team.. they might get ready to move it to Vancouver if no Stadium deal is done! humm...

just a thought.

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I spoke too soon.

Not really losing him but Onstad has been called up to the Canadian national team for their friendly with Jamaica on January 31. He joins Hainault in camp.

Neither Harmse or Bernier appears to be included.

Canada soccer

6. t_attakz

t_attakz Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish they would include assists on wikipedia because he doesnt look good in terms of goals.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When CC was talking about international signings, somehow I was hoping for players more international than Canada. :(

8. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo shouldnt be planning on starting Harmse, he has good potential but isnt somebody you should depend on in the middle of the park

Harmse and Mulrooney would be cover for Cameron and Bernier at a flat centre-mid

GK-Onstad
    RB-Hainault,RCB-Boswell,LCB-Robinson,LB-Chabala
    RM-Mullan,RCM-Cameron,LCM-Bernier,LM-Davis
    ST-Landin,ST-Ching

you wont see as much attacking and fluidity, but a quite physical and quick yet skilled team

I think Bernier would be a good signing, but there is something that tells me Houston should do better if they are replacing Holden...???

9. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha, you would be the last team i would expect them to move especially after it was already a moved franchise and many of the players are still on this team from when that happened

10. BearcatSA

BearcatSA Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    When he first started playing for the CMNT I thought he was miscast for the role of a right flank midfielder from an offensive sense (not enough 1 v 1 attacking skills), though he provided good cover for his fullback, Stalteri. I thought he was better in a more central position. The biggest knock against him is inconsistency with his passing. However, he's another guy that can do a role for your team and as with Harmse, Kinnear can probably get the most out of him.