Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    wow benitez just wow

2. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Ecuatorianos en el exterior -part III

Espinoza's contract at Birmingham was "mutually" cancelled today...guessing he'll return to the ecua league

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I think he's going to Chile.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

isn't he playing in Union Espanola or something?

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Ecuatorianos en el exterior -part IV (r)

Udinese of Italy wants the Goalkeeper Dominquez from Liga de Quito. let him go. Sell him and start working on the next keeper..

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I actually agree. That kid has the physical tools to become a top goalkeeper. In Ecuador, goalkeepers rot because there is not good coaching or emphasis on the technical aspects of goalkeeping. I think if he gets the right coaching and works on his positioning, he can be our national keeper for the next decade.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

seria el 9th suramericano en ese equipo:rolleyes:
    viven de comprar suramericanos y prestar en todas partes....Recuerdan a Alexis Sanchez y al colombiano Abel?

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'm 50/50 with the idea of Liga letting go of Dominguez.

If he turns out to be a success like Rorys Aragon, then i'd be ok with it. But if he leaves Liga now, it would hurt the team. Dominguez leaving is risky....God forbid he becomes the next Damian Lanza. I think he needs atleast another year or so with Liga. he's only had around a year and a half of experience playing games in total. Good luck to him if he leaves, hopefully he can turn out to be the great keeper I think he will become. We all know he has a promising future.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I didn't see the match, but apparently Real Madrid beat Caicedo's Malaga 2-0, with 2 goals by Cristiano Ronaldo. Caicedo was subbed out in the 2nd half.

Why do I expect a lot of the same story over the next few months?

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

you mean "weeks"...this is the normal Caicedo everyone knows. i doubt he scores more than 2 goals while hes there. slowly he'll be seeing more bench as the weeks go by then he'll go on ghost mode as usual.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

on another note, Jairo Campos started today with Atletico Mineiro and has a really solid match.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Unfortunately I agree with you. What's wrong with that kid?? If I had that physique, I swear to God I would be playing on Real Madrid. He is also very technical, good dribbling ability and accurate shooting.

He simply has no ability to read the game. This is something that I don't believe can be taught. You are either born with it or not. Coaches must have been drooling at this kid, with his size and technique, but over time it is becoming obvious that when you put him out there with experienced defenders, he doesn't have the ability to get into open positions to receive the ball, or to do something dangerous with it.

For all the criticism of Benitez, at least he makes things happen with his dribbling and passing. Caicedo, on the other hand, has just as good dribbling and passing ability, and on top of that he is HUGE and POWERFUL - but he doesn't dribble or pass it in a way that creates danger for opponents.

It's maddening to the point of disbelief, because how many players would kill to have that kind of physical attributes? Not to mention in Ecuador, where many of our best players are too small or skinny to play in top European leagues.

I still have hope that Caicedo will be struck by lightning one day, and suddenly he will perform to his potential, because honestly I could see him being an 'Adriano' type of player. But right now, if he fails again at Malaga, he doesn't have too many chances left in Europe. Man City will probably have to cut their losses and sell him for cheap because they still pay his salary and he is probably making too much to play for their reserves. If that happens, next stop for him is back in Ecuador, or at best maybe Mexico or MLS.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He'll be back playing in Ecuador soon...

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I agree man, it's pitiful...you don't know how high my hopes were for this kid. I swear he was THAT MAN in my book a few years ago. I remember even El Tin mentioning how good of a player Caicedo is and how he's leaving the NT with no worries b/c his successor is right there...Caicedo. And your right, he's one block of muscle....but his speed just isn't there. Remember how tired he would be after the 1st half of every Qualifier game in Quito?? PATHETIC for a 21 year old..seriously! his enduranced sucked. he disappears for long periods in every game and what makes me angry is that he doesn't use HIS HUGE SIZED BODY to his advantage. There's players out there that don't posses half the technical skills that Caicedo does, but yet know how to use their height and body to their advantage. NEVER have i seen Caicedo score with his head or even touch the ball with his head. NEVER! he seriously disappoints me...all that hype for nothing. He doesn't make it in Malaga and hes back to Ecuador...no joke.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he should take a year off and lose some weight to become faster...and in that year just practice positioning.

17. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I never liked Caicedo. I still don't. He is in his best years and still slow as fack! WTH ... he should be on fire because you only get slower with age. He's been England, Portugal, and now in Spain. This is his LAST chance and I doubt he will become a star in Malaga. If he can't shine in a lower-mid table team then he should just come back to Ecuador or somewhere in SA and "learn" how to play because if you're in Europe it's because you have what it takes, not to go and learn!

18. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Caicedo is the first Ecua to go to Europe and develop as a youngster so its disheartening to see his shortcomings but there is still time for him to figure everything out. I think he could find time on a championship team; anything back in England will benefit him.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Or Switzerland. :D

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Is it me or does this sound FAAcked up? joffre Guerron who was named Copa Libs player of the tournament, Winner of the Copa Lib, sat bench yesterday in Cruziero playing in the altitude..

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I think he'll get playing time this year...I can't really explain yesterday. Maybe Cruzeiro playing with 10 men most of the game had to do something with it.

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As much as I would have hated it. he should've went to River Plate. He probably would have been ready to go back to Europe.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I agree...that was the move that I was wanting really badly, but Getafe owns his pass and the highest bidder got the transfer. River should have been his destination, though.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yeah, Brazil just isn't the place for the majority of our players. I hope Jairo Campos is an exception...something tells me that our defenders are the exception for the most part. without a doubt he would have had way more possibilities in River.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Anybody watching the Malaga - Atletico game?