Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AKITOD, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japanese NT 2010 Schedule:
    01.06.10 ACQ vs. Yemen
    02.02.10 Kirin Cup vs. Venezuela
    02.06.10 EAFC vs. China
    02.11.10 EAFC vs. Hong Kong
    02.14.10 EAFC vs. South Korea
    03.03.10 ACQ vs. Bahrain
    04.07.10 Kirin Cup vs. TBA
    05.24.10 Kirin Cup vs. TBA

06.14.10 - 07.14.10 FIFA WORLD CUP

------------------------------------------------
    Japan were scheduled to play Italy on November 18 last year, but Hong Kong wouldn't let them because they had all their stars to return for the fifa match day 'one CSL player' :mad:, and they were scheduled to play Portugal on March 3 this year, but AFC wouldn't let them :mad:.

But, japan are probably going to play Argentina and England in the run in to the world cup.

Incidently what would be the penalty if japan did for example play portugal on march 3 and sent the kashima reserves to play bahrain?

2. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Japan at the 2010 World Cup

Nothing. A country can play two matches on a single date. It would piss Bahrain off royally!

In other pre-WC friendly news. It really does seem that the England friendly in Austria is going to go ahead as planned, from what the English media is reporting. Furthermore, Japan may also play Mexico, and possibly even the USA:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/?name=John_Sutcliffe

In this ESPN deportes blog (In Spanish), it talks about Mexico's pre-World Cup friendlies. Basically, I found this on the USA boards as confirmation that the USA is playing Mexico, but I also read in this paragraph:

From what I read, Japan is playing Mexico in late March, in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. Furthermore, usually teams that travel to the USA also play the US National team, so I can see a couple of dates for Japan in a North American tour. Speculation: Since Mexico is playing in Azteca on the 17th of March, the USA has been thinking about a March 17 friendly as well. It makes sense--A USA v. Japan match on the 17th, with a Mexico v. Japan match on the 20th-23rd.

I must stress that the US match is pure speculation, the only reason I mentioned it is because Mexico is playing on the 17th, freeing up all of the USA's Mexican-Based players on that date, and there is push for the US to also play a friendly on the 17th. If Mexico plan on playing Japan in the US in late March, it makes sense that the USA play Japan too.

3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Well Bahrain have qualified so why don't they send their U18's and they can have a game with our U18's.

The Mexico & US friendlies sound pretty good. But if its speculation I'm doubting that a US friendly would go ahead cause there were speculation of a friendly with Argentina very close to the time of the England game.

The unfilled friendly dates are
    April 7
    May 24
    and 3 more, 2 away, one home. One of these is filled with the England game on May 29.

Also, US and Mexico are fairly different from Denmark yes? Why aren't we arranging at least one game with a similar side.

I hope South korea send a decent team for the EAFC. Could be a good game if both teams take it relatively seriously.

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    If the AFC insists, I think they SHOULD send a J2 all-stars team. Because weve seen in the past that these games in the Middle East are just a risk to players' health and not worth much from a football standpoint. Besides, considering the level of motivation, a J2 all stars might actually knock off Bahrain, and boy wouldnt that be a great way to rub it in.

6. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

According to the bloggers article, the friendly between Mexico and Japan take place in late march. So far, this blog has been accurate--The USA and Mexico were going to play on the 24th, but the match was called off yesterday over a TV rights dispute. Mexico play friendlies on March 3 and on the 17th, and are looking to play against Japan late March.

If Japan travel to the USA to play against Mexico, it is likely they will also play the USA as well. But that would be late March too (Most teams that travel to the USA do). The Argentina game will likely fall on April 7, or in May around the England game, which is nowhere near the proposed Mexico friendly.

If the Mexico friendly goes ahead, this makes sense--Even though these are not FIFA dates, it's pretty common knowledge that Mexico has a big player pool, and there are a lot of domestic players still fighting for World Cup spots. Japan can also use a B-Team to examine players who haven't quite nailed down a spot. If Japan play against the US in their trip here, it's only a bonus.

As far as comparative strengths of Mexico and possibly the US, these games are less World Cup tuneups, but more for weeding out the player pool. In fact, the US is a pretty comparable team to Denmark and would be a good friendly. Mexico are a solid all-around team. But mainly, all three teams involved here are just probably weeding out their rosters.

Furthermore, this is also speculation now, I would think that since Mexico's friendly against the US has been cancelled, Mexico will likely want to play against Japan--Mexico like high-profile friendlies played in the US, it earns their federation cash.

This is good news. I really hope that Japan get to play Portugal. Portugal is good preparation for the Netherlands.

7. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Even better is that a J2 all-stars team would know a high profile match like this is incentive for being bought by better clubs. It's a win-win situation for Japan. Japan is under no contract to have to play it's full side here.

8. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Hopefully Japan's friendly against Mexico goes through. It sucks that Mexico has to beat El Salvador once again in Feb. for pre-WC training.:rolleyes:

9. tralalarisa

tralalarisa Guest

02.02.10 Kirin Cup vs. Venezuela members :

■GK
    楢崎 正剛 NARAZAKI Seigo
    1976.04.15 187cm 80kg 名古屋グランパス 69 67

川島 永嗣 KAWASHIMA Eiji
    1983.03.20 185cm 80kg 川崎フロンターレ 8 6

西川 周作 NISHIKAWA Shusaku
    1986.06.18 183cm 79kg サンフレッチェ広島 1 0

■DF
    中澤 佑二 NAKAZAWA Yuji
    1978.02.25 187cm 78kg 横浜F・マリノス 96 17

田中 マルクス 闘莉王 TANAKA Marcus Tulio
    1981.04.24 185cm 82kg 名古屋グランパス 32 6

駒野 友一 KOMANO Yuichi
    1981.07.25 172cm 76kg ジュビロ磐田 49 0

岩政 大樹 IWAMASA Daiki
    1982.01.30 187cm 85kg 鹿島アントラーズ 1 0

今野 泰幸 KONNO Yasuyuki
    1983.01.25 178cm 73kg FC東京 33 0

徳永 悠平 TOKUNAGA Yuhei
    1983.09.25 180cm 76kg FC東京 5 0

長友 佑都 NAGATOMO Yuto
    1986.09.12 170cm 65kg FC東京 18 3

内田 篤人 UCHIDA Atsuto
    1988.03.27 176cm 62kg 鹿島アントラーズ 27 1

村松 大輔 MURAMATSU Taisuke
    1989.12.16 176cm 71kg 湘南ベルマーレ 0 0

■MF
    小笠原 満男 OGASAWARA Mitsuo
    1979.04.05 173cm 72kg 鹿島アントラーズ 53 7

遠藤 保仁 ENDO Yasuhito
    1980.01.28 178cm 75kg ガンバ大阪 85 7

中村 憲剛 NAKAMURA Kengo
    1980.10.31 175cm 67kg 川崎フロンターレ 41 5

石川 直宏 ISHIKAWA Naohiro
    1981.05.12 175cm 69kg FC東京 4 0

阿部 勇樹 ABE Yuki
    1981.09.06 177cm 77kg 浦和レッズ 41 3

大久保 嘉人 OKUBO Yoshito
    1982.06.09 170cm 73kg ヴィッセル神戸 42 5

金崎 夢生 KANAZAKI Mu
    1989.02.16 180cm 70kg 名古屋グランパス 2 0

香川 真司 KAGAWA Shinji
    1989.03.17 172cm 63kg セレッソ大阪 10 2

■FW
    玉田 圭司 TAMADA Keiji
    1980.04.11 173cm 67kg 名古屋グランパス 63 14

佐藤 寿人 SATO Hisato
    1982.03.12 170cm 68kg サンフレッチェ広島 28 4

平山 相太 HIRAYAMA Sota
    1985.06.06 190cm 85kg FC東京 1 3

岡崎 慎司 OKAZAKI Shinji
    1986.04.16 173cm 70kg 清水エスパルス 20 15

興梠 慎三 KOROKI Shinzo
    1986.07.31 175cm 67kg 鹿島アントラーズ 10 0

i have to say... im quite happy to see ogasawara's name finally on the list :D

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Happy to see Ogasawara back too, but disappointed to see Okubo again:mad:!

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good to see Kagawa finally getting a call-up.

I can't believe that Tamada still gets chosen.

This is probably the strongest domestic squad possible.

12. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Please no Inamoto.

Question to the FC Tokyo fans :
    Is Konno that good ?

We could also make one without Okubo. Tamada is a good substitute for me, remember his goal against Ghana. He had no fear when it came to shooting when other players as Okazaki or Okubo would have passed or crossed.

edit : Cameroon lost to Gabon, 1-0.

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Venezuela Squad to play Japan

Giacomo Di Giorgi - Dep Anzoategui
    Leonardo Morales - Dep Anzoategui
    Grenddy Perozo - Dep Anzoategui
    Alexander Rondon - Dep Anzoategui
    Carlos Salazar - Dep Anzoategui
    Jesus Lugo - Arugua FC
    Pablo Camacho - Caracas FC
    Gabriel Cichero - Caracas FC
    Jesus Gomez - Caracas FC
    Alejandro Guerra - Caracas FC
    Franklin Lucena - Caracas FC
    Jose Manuel Rey - Caracas FC
    Giovanny Romero - Caracas FC
    Renny Vega - Caracas FC
    Emilio Renteria - Columbus Crew (USA)
    Orlando Cordero - Mining FC
    Agnel Flores - Mining FC
    Farias Edder - Monagas SC
    Alejandro Moreno - Philadelphia Union (USA)
    Juan Fuenmayor - Valerenga (Norway)

10 players played a part in their qualifying. 5 defenders, 2 midfielders and 3 strikers. Their defence is almost the best defence at least. Including 3 players that started against Brazil.

Little disappointed as they had more of their regulars in their home based leagues but not a disaster considering our starting lineup will be missing 3 or so.

15. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Am I to take from that lineup that there are only two good club teams in Venezuela?

As a Union supporter I'd like to see Moreno get some minutes...

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So Ishikawa came back so early ? :D I guess he is out of form but he will show us what he can do. This is probably the last chance for these players to impress.

17. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    No Makino? But no Kashiwagi either, so I guess that high-profile transfer isn't working out just yet.

18. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I'm a little surprised to see Okubo in the list as a MF

Suppose we will have Shunsuke, Honda and Kagawa in South Africa (this is very likely to happen), how can Okubo get a place as MF?

On the contrary, if he is selected as a forward, then only one of Maeda, Hirayama and Morimoto would be called up, as Okazaki, Tamada and Koroki all seem very promising in making the WC squad

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/6654655/denmark-meet-austria-friendly

Denmark are only playing 1 game before selecting their 30. Against Austria. afterwards they wanna play an african side but no mention an asian friendly. Their preparation seems a bit lightweight tbh.

Cameroon's defence looked poor against what was a not all that impressive gabon. In midfield Gabon were given acres of space and the japanese midfield would've controlled the game no sweat with that. They do however have some nice combination play going forward. But when Eto'o wasn't performing like the other night, they had very little offensive power.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Me too. But don't get surprised if Okubo gets choosed over a ordinary midfielder in the WC squad later.

22. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wouldn't mind if he is chosen over Hashimoto :rolleyes:

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Its good to see Hasebe and Matsui getting regular playing time. And Nakamura has been getting more and more time. He was subbed on at half time last night and has been a regular sub recently. Hopefully he's approaching the starting lineup.

24. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm not a Union supporter, but I've been a fan of Alejandro from some years now, and I'd like to see the same thing. He always gives a hundred percent.

25. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [LINEUP-4-5-1] Okazaki, Kagawa, Kengo, Hasebe, Nakamura, Endo, Nagatomo, Tulio, Nakazawa, Uchida, Narazaki [/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Is a line-up I would like to see at the World Cup.

I think that the Midfield is still a toss up in terms of starters. Its a shame that there are so many talented midfielders on the team that won't start.

Even this line-up is missing Ishikawa, Inamoto, Honda, Matsui and Ogasawara.