Boston Breakers Mock Draft Competition

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Andy Crossley, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    With the 2010 WPS Draft less than 10 days away now, the Boston Breakers want to know your mock WPS draft predictions for the first round.

The competition is open to WPS fans from all over the world and the prize is your choice of either:

a.) Four (4) Pitch Side seats to the Breakers home opener against Philadelphia at Harvard Stadium on April 18, 2010. These include free parking, sideline seating and a free pre-game barbecue. OR

b.) A 2009 Breakers game jersey from the player of your choice (subject to availability)

To enter, you must predict the order of player selection for the first round.

#1 Atlanta Beat (1 point for correct prediction)
    #2 Boston Breakers (2 pts.)
    #3 FC Gold Pride (3 pts.)
    #4 Chicago Red Stars (4 pts.)
    #5 Los Angeles Sol (5 pts.)
    #6 Sky Blue FC (6 pts.)
    #7 Washington Freedom (7 pts.)
    #8 Los Angeles Sol (8 pts.)
    #9 Los Angeles Sol (9 pts.)
    #10 FC Gold Pride (10 pts.)
    #11 Boston Breakers (11 pts.)

A correct selection only requires that you match the player's name with the slot she is selected in. The team is irrelevant. In other words, if you correctly predict that "Jane Doe" will be picked with the __th pick of the first round, your correction will still be marked correct even if a different team has traded up to that spot to select her. Conversely, if you predict that our team, the Boston Breakers, will select a certain player with the #2 pick and we do take her, but we take her at #11, that selection will be marked as incorrect.

The winner will be determined by the most correct predictions, with the tiebreaker being the highest point total. Example: the two best mock drafts correctly predict 9 picks each. Fan A correctly predicts picks #1 thru #9. Fan B correctly predicts #3 through #11. Fan B will be declared the champion, as the scoring system is weighted to give higher scores to the harder predictions, i.e. those at the bottom of the round. In the event of two or more contestants finishing in a tie for both correct picks and total points, then multiple prizes will be awarded.

If you want some invaluable research assistance, check out the terrific series of position-by-position expert draft previews compiled by the WPS PR staff at womensprosoccer.com:

Top-Rated Forwards
    Top Rated Midfielders
    Top Rated Defenders

Submit your entries via e-mail to Erica Hunt at ehunt@bostonbreakers.com. Only one valid entry per email address.

Good luck! Follow us on twitter on January 15th to keep track of the picks as they happen. I will announce the winner on my Twitter account from the NSCAA convention that evening.

Andy Crossley
    Boston Breakers
    http://twitter.com/BreakersGM

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice contest/promotion by the breakers.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, several folks have wondered how long a team retains the rights to a player they have drafted if the player doesn't immediately sign w/ the team. I have not been able to find such draft rules on the WPS site. Is that information something you can share w/ us? Thanks.

4. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I remember correctly it is the final cutdown day the weekend before the season starts. But then again I am guessing. :D