Ronald "Nacho" Garcia at Aris Thessaloniki Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Starting this thread, hopefully we can get more info on him in 2010!

Heard he is getting worked back in little by little at Aris, and he will soon have some new american teammates, with Eddie Johnson signing, and rumored Freddy Adu coming also!

2. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    So as far as I know, Nacho stayed in Thessaloniki instead of returning to Bolivia for the Christmass break, and had a special training program to regain his fitness. I guess he will be ready in a week or two.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good to hear. Thanks for responding to this thread! Hopefully you can update us with any news regarding Nacho' and his time at Aris.

Last i remembered, he got in a fight with his coach at aris, which hurt him with playing time. Is the same coach still there? And who is playing in his position? He plays defensive midfield like he does for bolivia too right?

4. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Well that fight you mentioned was with Quiqe Hernandez. He's coaching Levadiakos now. And we've changed two coaches since then. Mazinho, and Hector Raul Cuper is our coach atm, former Valencia (the one who took them twice to the champions league final) and Inter coach.

Dario Fernandez took his place at the starting line up, and to say the truth, he is our MVP untill now. Don't worry though, Nacho will be playin soon. He is used as a central midfielder and helps on both defence and attack. We have 3 equal midfielders (Nacho Garcia, Mehdi Nafti and Dario Fernandez) so I guess we'll be rotating those three.

Btw, did you know that Pablo Garcia, the Uruguayan guy who has some kind of rivalry with Nacho, plays for our rivals Paok?

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Double post.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea lol I know that. Everytime they would face off in the qualifiers, it was always bad blood. lol

Always rough tackles vs. each other.

Cuper's a good coach, interesting to hear they are using him more as a central midfielder.

He is good at distrubting, and i am sure you've seen the bombs he's scored from outside the box, he can shoot too from that position.

But yes, hopefully in time he'll get bakc into the starting 11! I remember you guys were very very close to signing Limberg Gutierrez, good thing you didnt though lol.

We have WAY better talent then him, any rumors of them looking for more bolivian players?

Edit: added video lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_lLZrvzcMU"]YouTube- Nacho Garcia vs Pablo Garcia[/ame]

7. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    There is always that rumor about Nacho's brother, Ignacio, joining a Greek club. But I've been hearing this 2 years now, so I guess not. And as far as I'm concerned, no we're not interested in any other non-EU atm. We don't have enough slots.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I like the Greek League. I'm planning on using my Time Share around Nachos schedule; plus the history there is simply amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of Nachos, but I wouldn't mind catching a game or two while I'm there. I'm tied between Italy or Greece. Decision Decision...

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Greece! Go to the islands, Mykonos was AMAZING!

10. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
  11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea dude! Its a small island! Doesnt matter where you go, you just take this little bus to another side of the island to this one spot called paradise beach, go party there, and just stay there for the rest of the night. The hotel is just for crashing, the nightlife is sick! As are the women!

12. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Bolivianfuego nice to topic for Nacho here.

He is one of our favourite players and we hope soon to be 100% ready.
    Cuper before 2 weeks said that he needs 3 weeks to be ready and he will not play if he isnt 100%.
    I guess that he wants to protect him because we all know that Nacho has in the past a lot of injuries.:(

Before 2-3 weeks he had an interview and explained that wants very much to play because he was out a lot of time.

When we have news we will post here.;)

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks man! I appreciate it!

14. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Depends what time of the year you go. I'd avoid all italian big cities during the summer unless you want to be surrounded by more american tourists than actual italians.

The greek islands are pretty awesome and the food and women are A+ (Thanks for the memories Stravoula:D)

Nice to see you Aris fans joining the site and welcome, please update us any info you can and links to where we can watch Aris games. Efharisto.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! Thats what i loved the most about Greece, I didnt encounter almost ANY americans, just brit's, irish chicks, and aussies, a SHIT ton of aussies! LOL

It was great times, I am going back this summer!

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Unfortunately, I'm taking sand to the beach. My girlfriend is comming along, as is my sis, moms and 5 yr old nephew.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh! If thats the case, go to Santorini! Great couples island, lot of nice beaches, it had like red stones, and like black stoned' beaches, really romantic, and alot of fun stuff to do out there, and more 'chill' compared to the other party islands i listed.

18. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki

Ahaha mate. Stauroula is the right.:D Stravoula means sth else.:D

19. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Good news.
    Nacho is in the 18 man squad for tomorrow's match.
    Sure he will not be in first 11 but maybe will take some minutes.

20. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Uh oh, I'm afraid to ask, all the names sound the same after a while. Hey is it true that they outlawed breaking plates at tavernas now, and now you need a special plate breaking license? LOL

Good to hear, hopefully he gets some minutes. I just read an american midfielder (Adu) got picked up by you guys. I know Nacho plays a completely different style but is someone in the midfield getting moved out to make room for this?

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They let go of Leandro Gracian ex boca, and was supposed to bge their '10', but he didnt work out. Wtih his spot gone, they will be able to fill it with adu' since he is counted as a foreigner.

From what i hear, and what alot of the aris' fans are saying in that thread, including the ones responding here, they want to use him in the left midfield spot, and possibly as a supprting striker.

I am interested in seeing him and eddie johnson play, eddie being a pure speed demon with the ability to finish, but a tad' bit lack of dribbling ability and control of the ball. Freddy being the opposite, a setup man/ supporting striker similar to ronaldinho.

I hope to see freddy get more minutes as a supporting striker seeing how he plays, but if he can adapt to left midfield, i'd love to see him there, and not to mention how he will work with Nacho in the midfield, as others have said he is being more used as a central midfielder, not so much a def. mid anymore.

22. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    That's because Santorini is a volcano. It errupted thousand years ago and made a part of the island sink.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, the stones were really cool! Isnt there rumors that like Atlantis is located around it? But the greek gov. doesnt let them explore or something like that?

24. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    LOL yea there are rumors that Atlantis is located there but come on Atlantis is just a myth. Greek goverment does a lot of stupid things, but searching for Atlantis is even funnier.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha it could be, I love watching the history channel and learning about shit like that. lol