Herculez Gomez to Puebla FC?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading around the boards, I've found two separate people saying that Gomez has signed with Puebla FC of the Mexican first division. I've been searching for a link on this, but so far I haven't been able to find anything.

2. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herculez is a mad facebook addict and looking on his page i see nothing about PFC or Mexico at all, but it does appear he was in Philadelphia recently as well as Vegas and San Fran.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. KC Wizzle

KC Wizzle Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 goal in 35 appearances for us. :rolleyes: Maybe Puebla traded us Carlos Ruiz in exchange. :D

5. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah all over his Facebook people are saying good luck, and he said he is ready for a "new adventure".

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His latest twitter update says "big things...."

http://twitter.com/Herculezg

7. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sad about this move. He didn't put up stellar numbers (or numbers at all), but he always looked dangerous...much more so than a number of our other guys. He was always one good save or a hair away from getting goals. Team finished may have helped his assists as well. It was just nice to see someone who could take guys on the dribble. When I met him last season he seemed like a pretty cool guy to boot. Good luck to him.

8. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah - I liked his pace and his willingness to run at people as well. Lots of effort in his play, just nothing in the way of help in terms with our forwards producing little from his effort. I don't think he will be a massive loss but he did look decent on the wing which is were he seemed to get shunted most. Hopefully Espinoza can take over and get a bit more play time ... his scoring and assist stats are rather impressive and he really deserves a good run out.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    He just posted this to facebook:

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the question is now whether he was out of contract or whether we actually got something for him.

11. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Is Puebla still playing a 4-3-3?

I always thought Herc played better higher up the field (in his Galaxy days), so maybe he'll be up top for them, at least coming off the bench.

Puebla was the first Mexican League destination where Ramon Nunez went to (re)build his career after MLS.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puebla starts plays at PHP against Tigres in Interliga tomorrow.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. VegasPlayer

VegasPlayer New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Out of contract is why Philly never took him in the expansion. Glad to see Herc catch a break and get out of KC. Played out of position in KC and Colorado. I suspect he will return to the MLS in a few years with Chivas or the Galaxy. I think he will return to the player that was dangerous with the Galaxy and had USMNT calls. Chemistry and environment are huge. Good luck Herc.

15. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where would you play him?

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume he means up top as a forward, where Gomez had his most successful season in LA.

17. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow....I think I just might almost be insulted by this remark. I hope this was made strictly in reference to playing out of position and not about the team, ownership, or city.

18. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a very nice poop sandwich, thank you. I'm a bit lost as to his proper position then. He was played at mid, forward, and as a 3rd forward in a 3-4-3/4-3-3 late pressing offense. Is he a defender or something? He was best suited as a wide mid where he had space to run at people but his crossing was inconsistant and as a forward he missed more than a few sitters. So I'm kind of at a loss regarding chemisty bit other than his being the chemisty that wasn't executing on all skillsets. Environment is arguable, we have a premier training facility with tons of veteren leadership on the squad. Our home field was awarded as top pitch, if he needs perfect stand sightlines to perform then the problem really doesn't lie with environment. Yes Coach got removed, same coach he performed well with previously, but suddenly didn't this year. I don't know; liked the guy a ton hate to see him leave but I don't think he would only perform on a west coast team. Remember the West Coast was the ones who originally released him - Nat callups and all. What did they know?

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    VegasPlayer has made three posts during his time on BigSoccer. All about Herculez Gomez.

Read into that what you will.

20. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p
    mancrush? Paging Ben Cunningham.....

21. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooh... I'm sorry, that is incorrect.

The snarky response we were looking for was: "Welcome to BigSoccer Mrs. Gomez."

22. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Considering 'Vegas' is a prominent theme in his twitter feed ..... Herc?

I never understood the 'played out of position' arguments when they come from players themselves. What they are really saying is, I am not good enough to get into a team at my preferred position. I am not flexible. I am just not talented enough. I am not a team player.

Herc?

23. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has taken a rather entertaining turn. I needed a good giggle today.

24. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    Would you play Etoo as a left winger?

25. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Herculez Gomez Eto'o?

Your coach tells you to play a position, you suck it up because you're part of a squad and the squad has one boss, one direction. He wouldn't ask you to do it if he didn't think you could; if you don't think you can, that would be your shortcoming, not the coach's. Sometimes leading is following.