Alert: Union Announcement December 21st

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Laudy, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Philadelphia Union will be making an announcement on Monday December 21st at 11:30AM at the Body Zone in Reading. I have been asked to try to get as many SoB's there as possible to make some noise and support the Union.

While I can't say what the announcement is about, if one can put two and two together you should be able to come to a logical conclusion. The Union are supposed to post something about this but I have not yet seen anything and didn't want to wait until later in the week. I am looking to get together at the Body Zone around 11:00AM and get organized before the announcement. The Body Zone is located right off of Rt 222 outside Reading so it is very easy to get there. Please let me know if you can make it out.

Directions:

From Philadelphia: Take I-76 W (PA Turnpike) to the Morgantown exit. Take this exit and follow signs to I-176 N. Take I-176 N to 422 W (use left lane exit for Reading). Stay on 422 W past the Penn Avenue exits. Do not turn off this main road; 422 W becomes 222 N. Stay on 222 N to the Spring Ridge Drive exit. Exit here and turn left at the stop sign. Proceed to the traffic light in front of you and turn right onto Paper Mill Road. The Body Zone entrance is just ahead on your right.

From Harrisburg: Take Rt. 78 E until you reach Rt. 183. Merge onto Rt. 183 S. Follow 183 S to 222 S. Take 222 S for a short distance to the Spring Ridge Drive exit. Take this exit and turn right at the stop sign at the end of the ramp and right again at the traffic light. The Body Zone entrance is just ahead on your right.

2. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn sounds like a good time. Won't be able to make it out. I'm gonna guess it has something to do with seat selection. That is the 1st day of winter lol. I'll see everyone on draft day at mcgillins.

3. nhlman10

nhlman10 Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Meh
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why couldnt they do this announcement on sunday....ya know when people can actually make it?

i hope this isnt our shirt sponsor. this is the 1st i've ever heard of this company. :(

4. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't put 2 and 2 together. I'm guessing since it's called Body Zone it's a location for some preseason training? Reading is the garden spot of PA after all, so no need to go for Florida. :D

5. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait you were asked by the Body Zone or by the team?

6. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought of that too, but that doesn't seem like a big announcement. Maybe it is?

7. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're all cold so far. Let's just say I was asked by a team but not the Union.;) That's all I can say. As I said the Union is supposed to post something early this week.

8. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing our foray into the PDL will be with the Reading Rage?

ETA: If this is true, I love it!

9. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why they chose a Monday morning as it is hard to get much support at that time. Don't worry it is not the jersey sponsor, Body Zone is a sports complex outside Reading that has indoor facilities for ice hockey, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, as well as a pool and fitness area. They are much too small to sponsor the Union.

10. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ;)!!!

11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh...I don't care as much as the reading sobs.

12. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay me.

And I stand by my original statement of how cool that will be. It's just a short trip out to see the Rage!

14. ImissTHEheat

ImissTHEheat Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I would love see a working relationship with the City Islanders, they have been NYRB and DCU loan beneficiaries in the past. Reading is a nice local spot that should up the fanbase.

15. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Who says we can't have both?

16. theearthisflat

theearthisflat New Member

May 12, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seems like a good move, what will the relationship actually be, like, here's money sponsorship type deal, or will it be a really tight relationship where it's like almost a reserve type deal.

17. JamesonSoB

JamesonSoB Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Union vs. Reading Rage preseason match?

I'll put it in my schedule and do my best to attend.

18. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    june... during the WC break?

Laudy, tell them to push it back til the afternoon on Monday so I can join you! :D

19. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be in New Hampshire, but if I come back Sunday night instead of Monday I'll be there!

20. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally, it was scheduled for later in the day but for some reason it was changed to the morning. I am off from work on Monday so I will be there and my brother (Lorax Jr.) will be there as well. I have a few maybes but that is it for now. I'd like to get a small group the least so we can sing a little and make some noise for them. My brother also has the email list from the viewing party and he is going to be sending out an email encouraging everyone to come out. Maybe if we get a good group we can go to Trooper Thorns for lunch afterwards.

I wish I could fill everyone in with what I know but I have been sworn to secrecy. I'll just say, Jameson and slitz might be on to something. :D

DBird if you can make it that would be great.

21. mrdivothead

mrdivothead Member

May 12, 2008
    Bensalem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be on vacation for the remainder of the year starting Friday, so I will be there. Gives me a reason to get up on Monday.

22. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just scheduled an appointment for 11:40! AAAGH! If I can switch it, I'll be there. Def could make a Trooper lunch after, either way.:D

23. dangit77

dangit77 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they can test drive the new stadium with the game?

I will most likely be there with my camera.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Reading Rage are a great organization that has been there year in, and year out with USL. They tried the pros a few years back, decided it wasn't for them but still kept the team going as a PDL club.

Excellent choice. And they don't have to change their name, just adopt midnight blue and gold and maybe some snakes. :)

25. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    If this does turn out to be some sort of affiliation with the Rage, I hope someone offers up a toast to the memory of Paul "Archie" Moylan.