Royal League,pff, a Scandinavian Premier league would be prefered!

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by mellon, Jul 29, 2004.

1. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Imagine the following:

A ScPL with 14 teams in (4 Norway, 4 Denmark, 4 Sweden, 2 Finland) 2 relegated one in relegation playoff against promotion playoff team in Sc1D
    A Sc1D with 16 teams in (4 Norway, 4 Denmark, 4 Sweden, 4 Finland) 2 promoted, 1 in promotion playoff against relegation playoff team in ScPL.

The ScPL league would be able to have a very high standard. beating many of the middle class leagues of Dutch, Portugese, Belgium etc....

2. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Imagine a Scandinavian premier league with these teams:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    My suggestion of ScPL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    My proposal for a ScD1 (division 1)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    TPS?! HA!

What about the countless teams in countless divisions? I will say this though...your first division looks better than your top league!

6. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    hehe maybe it does, i just took the top teams from norway and denmark and (although halmstad is in it) last year. finland I did not know that much about so of course I presumed that the two most successful clubs are haka hjk...

its a massive task with the leagues below one way of doing it is of course to take four national division underneath the first one, this of course will be effecting teams that goes down, for instant if Sogndal and Viking would go down there would be one more team going down from the top norwegian league etc...

but I reckon the class of the two top division would be pretty good

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually the original idea, was to make a Royal League much like what you write, but also with the Champions from Iceland.... However, it was not possible for the clubs/leagues to agree, so they came up with roughly the Royal league we have now, but even that was difficult to agree on since Rosenborg had several demands. They wanted the winner to get a CL or UEFA cup spot, which is not possible... The also refused to play 3 games vs. Norwegian teams in the first group play (as in the original plan) and wanted the groups to be mixed with teams from all 3 countries instead.... and so it was done...

I doubt that we will ever get a real Scandinavian PL, since the majority of the clubs in the Scandinavian leagues and lower divisions would lose TV money and sponsorships and therfore never agree to a plan like this that only benefit a few top teams, and should a few top teams from each country be tempted to go their own way and make their own ScPL, then UEFA would never agree on giving CL or UEFA cup spots to other than the teams playing in the domestic leagues....

8. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Well, two of the Finnish teams, Tampere United and FC Inter Turku, are the most exciting to watch right now in Finland. This last match, TamU blew FC Jazz out of the water, six to nil. I think it was because of their Intertoto exit. Those two teams are on form right now and Inter Turku has a chance in claiming their first league title in 14 years. (FC Inter Turku was created in 1990)

9. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Cool, I am sorry to admit my football knowledge of Finland is only limited to HJK, MyPa and Haka. Also I had heard about Inter Turku, I think a former player of Osters IF played for them Erkka Pataja something like that?

10. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Pataja did play there, but with Inter Turku, it's hit or miss. Either the player is loved by the fans and plays well or he plays like garbage and no one cares. I can't remember Pataja though.

MyPa is not the MyPa of a couple of seasons ago. Hell, it's not the MyPa of last season! HJK is trying to make the best of a mediocre start. Losing Alexi Eremenko Jr to Lecce wasn't good for the team but good for Finnish football. Eremenko Jr was their "playmaker" of sorts. Not quite the No. 10 guy, but he was working on it. FC Haka is the team to beat, sitting pretty on top of the league, scoring goals and conceeding less, with a young new keeper, Vilmunen. He came up through the youth team and is keeping his spot.

11. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Sounds good whats the attendance numbers in average in finland, are they increasing?

What about IFK Helsingfors are they as **** as they been the latest years? (have a mate who is a massive IFK Helsingfors fan)

12. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    The attendance/following of the Veikkausliiga is growing. I was reading an article about how they've already matched last years attandance this year, about 20 games into the league. It's safe to say, there's an improvement.

IFK Helsingfors?! I've never heard of that team. Do you mean HJK? Helsinkin Jalkapalloklubbi is in fourth place trying to claw their way to the top of the league. Not going to happen. FC Haka is too far ahead for HJK to catch. FC Inter has a chance if they win a majority of their matches and Haka goes on a skid.

13. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    IFK Helsingfors are a famous club in finland, more famous for their Icehockey section, but apparently they are trying to "wake" up their footballing section

14. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark
    I don't want a scandinavian league, do you want to know why? I don't want the best to become better, I don't want FCK, BIF and so forth to leave danish football, turning the danish championship into something that doesn't matter - maybe even doesn't exist.

No, Royal League is ok - but please, whatever you invent, do NOT destroy the national leagues. I do not care about money, sponsorships and competition abroad. I don't care about norwegian, swedish or finnish teams. I care about the DANISH CHAMPIONSHIP.

15. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    he-he-he-he

yeah right, like you don't care about international success for danish teams!

I think you're just too embarrassed to admit it after your best team being beaten to a pulp at home by a slovenian team.

16. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark

First of all - I don't give a F*** about what FCK does and doesn't do - I hate the team, and I will NEVER accept that team as the best danish football team.

Second of all. It has nothing to do with international succes. We can easily do that having a danish league - just look at the results danish teams have had earlier on.
    You missed the entire point of my post. I want my DANISH championship - I don't want my local team to be in "EuroLeague Nr 841".

17. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    When you won't accept your best team as your best team, you don't have a clue about football.

"ok"

18. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark
    As far as I'm concerned, the best team in Denmark is Brøndby IF - and it has been so since 1986.
    Football is, in case you haven't noticed, also about emotion. I neither can nor will accept F-u-CK as "the best danish football team". Never gonna happen, sorry bro, but you seem to never be able to understand why. Lemme explain with clubs you MIGHT understand:

Liverpool-supporters will NEVER accept Everton as a better team and vice versa.

It's about emotion, same is my reason for not wanting a complete scandinavian league structure. Emotion and tradition. A scandinavian league structure simply won't mean as much to me as the danish championship, not even close - and I _know_ my thoughts are shared among many other supporters of both minor and major clubs all around both Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

I don't care about the cashflow in the league, the overall quality of football in the divisions. I care about going to my local stadium and watch a game vs an opponent I can relate to, like our local rivals Vejle, Horsens and Randers. A game called SønderjyskE vs Halmstad or HamKam simply won't be the same thing, it'll have a "this is wrong"-feeling all over it, unless of course, it's in the ECs or Toto-cup.

19. junkmastaflex

junkmastaflex New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Norway
    I completely agree with you storm:)
    The Roal League is more then enough for now

20. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    FCK is the reigning champion in Denmark, therefor the best team. I myself am a supporter of Brann, but i know RBK (as of now) has a better team. Therefor i have no problems with calling them the best team in Norway.

On the scandinavian league matter, i totally agree it's a stupid idea. I would much rather go see Ålesund vs Molde or Brann than -insert any danish/swedish side here- if the award wasn't more than 3 points.

21. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool

Fair point for sure, its the emotions that are driving up the interests of the team, but does it matter which division your team plays in? because if you look it on a generic approach; as long as your team plays you will support them no matter the league right?

Tradition is something that is build through many years if a scandinavian league would be in place it would not be until at least 10 years when kids that have grown up with the scandinavian league that you would start to see the real results.

A scandinavian league would of course never happen, to much issues surrounding a proposal like that (as ceres correctly pointed out), hopefully the royal league will help the scandinavian teams to develop even further and for the future maybe deliver at least one true big candidate for any european title, its been to long ago.

The scandinavian league was just a "dream" that would have made our football even better. in the top levels of course.

22. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark

Of course I'd support my team no matter what division they're in - but I can't see the point in having games vs lower swedish and norwegian clubs, and I for sure can't see the point in having our respective national championships degraded to something of less value :)