2010 Uniform Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by zappin, Nov 27, 2009.

1. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    F.C. Tokyo get us off to an early start in the new uniform department! ;)

Home:
    [​IMG]

Away:
    [​IMG]

2. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wasn't impressed with the photos I've seen of players modeling it so far.

[​IMG]

With all the flashbulbs it just looks really, really bad, so I'm going to hold judgement until I see it at the match tomorrow.... but I'm a little "enh" on it. The reliance on symmetry (as opposed to our current home kit which is a bit more curved and organic) makes the blue side seem really empty without a number...

For reference here's our current home kit:

[​IMG]

As for the away... those dot designs always look different in real life so I'm kinda hoping it'll look better than it does in the image. I think the center thing is an epic waste of a good uniform and that it would be Tokyo's first non-sucky away uni otherwise.

3. tokyobairn

tokyobairn New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    horrendous, oh no! Looks like he is wearing a bib over a t-shirt. What were they thinking!?!

4. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Woah, the shirt in that photo looks nothing like the design. I hope it looks better in real life, otherwise that is actually a hideous shirt, :eek: Not quite as hideous as the 2009 offerings from Puma but definitely close.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Adidas continues to make horrendous designs. I understand the need to make something new every time, but FC Tokyo simple "Genoa style" uniform has always been one of my favorites, so much I bought one last year at kamo's end of the season's sale...

Now, after the Adidas horrendous bra-design (Chelsea, Münich), it is time for the よだれかけ bibs (Japan, FC Tokyo).

If I were an Albirex Niigata I'd be terrified.

Grade: 3/10.

6. Value san

Value san New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    it looks like there were two different people working on it
    who couldnt get along.. so one designed the upper third,
    the other made the bottom ..><

this seasons looked pretty good in comparison to whats coming
    up in 2010 ><

7. Kashiwagi

Kashiwagi Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Paris
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

It looks better in PES :p

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    is it just me or I cannot view the image above?

9. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Definitely not just you.

10. Kashiwagi

Kashiwagi Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Paris
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Hope it's ok now

11. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually think it looks OK, but having a sponsor on always changes things, either for better or worse. I'll therefore reserve judgement. I havent seen the highlights show on FSC for a few years; when does the new season start?

12. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    oh, yea. Is Tokyo having hard time finding a chest sponsor for next year?

13. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have it on good word that the team is having no problems finding a new sponsor and is in negotiations with one or two parties.

Everyone's eager to hear about a new sponsor but likely the team can't announce anything until their contract with ENOS expires, and I'm not sure if that's a "last game of the season" thing or if it's January 2nd.

14. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    Pure speculation, but Mito's uniform might be freshened up for 2010. The replica shirts have dropped to basically half price, which did not happen last season, and last season saw no redesign.

15. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As an Albi fan, I am not terrified.

Yet.

That template design Adidas used for FC Tokyo really does not look good. I think it is down to the fact that the bicolour split is not carried all the way up the front of the shirt. It stops at that horizontal line Adidas seems to have drawn. It looks like they just felt like adding something at a design meeting, and someone with a ruler slapped the line in just so they could go get lunch!

Problem is, it leaves the shirt with the a large amount of blue round the shoulders, and totally unbalances the kit.

Albirex, thanks to all the deities that run around the prefecture, uses orange with blue trimming. Hopefully Adidas wont screw that up! But at least, the kit wont be unbalanced by having too much orange...

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Albirex kits have been so far very classic, elegant Adidas. I actually own one, and I am really fond of it. If they screw up this one as well, I'll be really mad.

FCT and Japan are bad enough, let alone Chelsea, Bayern and the horrendous AC Milan with the white collar. :eek:

17. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is harder to screw up a single colour kit! Though that bizarre gimp suit/bra design they came out with for Chelsea proves that with Adidas, anything goes...

The Japan kit is not as bad as it could have been. I mean, the players uniform with those straps on does look like something you use in some kind of kinky play in a small box in the privacy of your own home, but the regular shirt is not too bad. Like the blue. Like the logo being white. Not sure why the kit has feathers printed into it, or what that odd little red square is though at the collar...

Seems like this cycle Adidas is going through a bad patch. It will be interesting to see what Nike reveals. The leaked pics of the new US kit are interesting. I like the idea of the sash, but having it in a very faint shade of blue so it is kinda hard to see. Well. Will wait and see for its official unveiling.

So far, I think Umbro is looking in good shape. Its "Tailored by" line (England, Manchester City) are pretty good. Simple, clean lines, no fancy twiddly stuff. Just good classic stuff. I know Rangers and West Ham are Umbro, but did not opt for the tailored by stuff. Will be interesting to see if any of Umbro's other teams go for it. Would be fascinating to see how Gamba's kit would look if it passed through that styling line! Could be a good one!

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [​IMG]

This looks good.

19. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, it is much better than the number they have created as the home kit. However, I am not 100% sold on it.

20. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I actually really like the look of that. I'd probably even be inclined to buy it.
    Sponsor couldn't be too big, though, or else it'll look cluttered, with everything else and a player number, to boot.

21. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    It looks like a nurse's outfit in a movie about a futuristic society. No sarcasm; it's great!

22. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well. Fits right in in Japan then!

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009