The All Purpose Other Teams Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Higuain is loved by the fans and I also do not get why he does not start game in and game out. So when Raul does leave I am not sure if they will give the #7 to Crissy Ronaldo but maybe Higuain(But for the mighty $, they may change it and give it to Ronaldo so people buy his new # and jersey again). He does not turn 22 until December so in a few years just think about how good he will be. I wanted this kid to be on our national team 2 years ago but I am glad he is a part of us now. As for the game, Higuain's pace is really amazing, and he almost netted a hattrick. Almost got an assist and got a standing ovation from the Madrid fans. Ustari was solid, the game could of easily ended 4 or 5-0 if it wasn't for him. Cata Diaz was okay. Gago played for a short time and was crap.

2. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Re: Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2009-2010

Frankly, Higuain should not be starting. Raul will never leave RM, and thats for a few more years. Ronaldo has been scoring freely in spain since he came, so he has to be a starter. Benzema is another good striker who came on the expense of 40 mill or so, and if he's on the bench, he'll create no value for the team and himself, which is transfer fees and wages wasted.

These players have been all brought in with the assumption that they'll create more money in revenues for RM than they cost + the cost of interest. If they're benched, then Madrid makes a loss.

The only thing Pellegrini should do is rotate the forwards week in week out.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Higuain should not be benched simply because Madrid's management is stupid. On current form there is no way Benzema should be starting ahead of Higuain.

The numbers speak for themselves:

Higuain: 4 goals 1 assist in 8 matches. 4 of those matches coming in as a sub.

Benzema: 3 goals 2 assists in 9 matches all of them as a starter.

4. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

It has nothing to do with form. RM made a leveraged bet when they brought in Benzema, and they're going to make a loss on this if they don't start him and if he doesn't perform well.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Well then that's their fault for being stupid and buying such an expensive striker when Raul was still going to be untouchable and when they already had a good striker in Higuain. Not to mention Negredo(who they got rid of and could have easily kept instead of buying Benzema) and RVN. Higuain should not suffer when he's in good form because of their management's incompetence.

6. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Higuain is staying at RM out of his own choice. No one has forced him to be there, he knew what was going to happen, and despite that he decided to compete for a spot. So the optimum solution is to start Benzema and Ronaldo with Higuain coming off the bench.

If it was really based on form, Benzema wouldn't be here and Negredo would.

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

What do you mean no one forced him to be there? When did Madrid ever hint at the fact that he could be sold? Were there any clubs making offers for him?

Hey if they want to keep starting Benzema that's great for every other club in La Liga and shitty for Madrid. If they want decisions based on money to control what happens on the field I have no problem with it. It'll be good to see them fail yet again.

8. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

He clearly said at the beginning of the season that despite the new arrivals he wants to earn a spot. I mean good for him, but he would have known this as much as anyone else. Just like Saviola should have known it before him.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

And he's clearly done that but like I said if Madrid rather start Benzema simply because they spent all that money on him (with no need of course and regardless of on the pitch performances) then too bad for them.

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As long as that overrated jobber Raul continues to start, Real Madrid will continue being Juventus' b!tch.

11. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Raul, being the symbol of the team, will always start for Madrid.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Aguero is a regular starter for Atletico the problem is that the entire team is playing like shit. Even Forlan who was scoring non stop last season is struggling.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He got a lot of boos when he entered the pitch. The ATL Madrid side are quite pist and it starts with the players on top Kun,Forlan. True this could be a minor thing and yes he is too good to be a sub(as the poster below stated) for club but the kid needs to find his form again. The entire team is crap and but if we look at it, it maybe somewhat have to do with WCQ. There big name players such as Kun,Forlan,Siamo,Maxi all struggled to reach the WC, and Forlan and Simao have playoffs coming. ATL Madrid are at the bottom of their table. I would still like Kun to stick around for a couple more years with them. I would hate the fact if he made a move to England.

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Atl Madrid have the same problem they've always had. Zero creativity in the CM. Maniche provided some but he got out of there and last season both Forlan and Aguero had to drop deep and create everything themselves. Maxi has been shit for them(he even lost the capitancy) for a while as well. Aguero and Frolan just can't do everything themselves. If they get a good playmaker in January and sort out some defensive issues they might be able to start performing well again.

15. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

i think atletico will do better as the season goes on the players they have are too good, but if they miss out on the CL for the 2010-2011 season (which seems likely), there is no chance he stays at atletico, and unfortunately england would probably be where he goes because he won't go to another club in spain. the only alternative could be if juve or inter splash some cash.

16. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

I think they have the team they need actually.

If they just tweak their formation into:

---------Forlan---------
    -Simao---Kun----Reyes-
    --Assuncao--Cleber----
    Perea-----------Lopez-
    ----Pablo---Juanito----

Put Kun as an attacking midfielder, restrict the RB/LB pair to stay deeper, and play a high-pressing style (they're shit at recovering the ball) I think they would be a lot better.

17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Assuncao and Cleber is a very mediocre centermid duo. They should have kept Banega as someone said.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Assuncao and Cleber don't know how to distribute the ball. Kun does drop back, as does Forlan. They both did it last year. The problem is that this year the entire team, including them is performing at a lower level and Kun and Forland can't do it all themselves. In fact should try to get Gago on loan or something. He could help.

19. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

big match today between rubin kazan and barca. messi vs. ansaldi. should be interesting... haven't seen much of ansaldi, but this could be a good sneak peak before the spain match. its going to be freezing in kazan

20. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: The All Purpose Other Teams Thread

Argentina #1 everyone else sucks! lol

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Notable job by Ansaldi, notice how he was marking Messi man-on-man through the whole match.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I guess the club info of our boys comes here as well, ay? Di Maria and Saviola were great again vs Everton. Di Maria, what can we say about this kid? He is getting scary good. And Saviola has found his form again. God, what would I do if we could replace Saviola for Tevez.

23. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

apparently alex ferguson was in the crowd to watch di maria... i wonder if he will last the whole season there because i know chelsea and inter have expressed interest too

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Oh no... Even if we agreed that Benfica blows compared to Manchester United in every possible way i'd still rather keep Di Maria at Benfica.

25. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

yea i think it would be awful if he went there. not only b/c i hate the EPL and especially Man U, but the worst thing that could happen to his development is that he goes to a team where he is not a full time starter. ferguson loves to rotate players... i hope he never goes there