Post-game: Crew v. Salty Dogs [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Jun 30, 2004.

1. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a total ********ing embarassment. I am completely ashamed to be wearing black and gold right now. We have the most frightened players I've ever seen. I do not understand why they won't turn and take on A-league competition 1 v 1. Instead it's the same back-to-goal knock it around before we give it away crap.

Buddle seemed offsides on our first goal, and the PK was complete rubbish. The only redeeming part of this game was the new "If Andrulis should be sacked, clap your hands" song.

2. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those guys played like oafs, and we still struggled.

Still, it's better than going to a coin flip, er, I mean penalty kicks.

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I can't believe you guys, this was a total reserve side. Jon Busch, Chad Marshall, Duncan Oughton, Manny Lagos, Kyle Martino, Eric Denton, Edson Buddle, those guys have no chance of seeing significant time in MLS play. Get over it. We played a total reserve side, we did well.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    my first and only comment for now...

scott schweitzer is the biggest piece of dick$hit east of chicago and west of d.c.

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Anyone want to hit the tittybar? We have cause for celebration.

6. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    Call up Cunny. He's game.

7. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Eric Denton is close...in fact, the only thing saving him is the fact he's wearing black and gold...and even then it's close, after the middle-finger he showed the east stands after his...1134th crap play of the night.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    honestly...i was going to write that but i held off for now...

1st dick move of the game : scott schweitzer showing off after scoring his goal, then fouling martino for the pk and following that up with a running dialog with the fans on the east side of the stadium following the game. hey buddy, your a professional athlete. act like one.

2nd dick move of the game : eric denton flicking off his own fans on the east side of the stadium in the first half. i couldn't believe it and honestly didn't until everyone else started saying they couldn't believe he just flicked off his own fans.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Every call that I've taken in the last forty minutes has stated that Martino took a diver, er, excuse me, earned a penalty. If that's what it takes to beat a far superior opponent, that's what it takes.

So Dents flicked off some of his critics? Good on him. He's been a standout and the only thing he gets from Bigsoccer posters is abuse.

10. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    what was this all about? i wasn't at the game, but this sounds hard to believe. were some Crew fans heckling him or what?

That should be grounds for the US SF to suspend him for the next couple rounds of US Open Cup play. Thank God.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'm truly embarassed, if Martino had to take a dive to beat an A League opponent, that's disgraceful.

Andrulis's response "good players earn rewards, Kyle beat three players, so he earned a reward."

Disgraceful.

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What an absolute discrace that was tonight. I feel cheated by this perfromance. I don't care who wears the B&G, they need to wear it with pride and passion. Where was that tonight? BOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO.

Andrulis sure showed Wingert, I guess that's what you get for playing quick creative soccer in Columbus. Wingert should study Denton's play then he'd get lots of minutes.

Did my ears fail me or in the Intro did I hear a majority of people in the stands when they announced Denton's name say "sucks" If so that was priceless.

Schweitzer is a bum, nice goal, but he's got no class. I guess that's why he's been A-League all his life.

I hate Andrulis, I really hate him.

13. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    We had a 3 on 3 counter attack chance, and Denton had literally tons of space in front of him, and instead, he tries to force a pass to Scott, that frankly had no chance of getting through. Myself, as well as a few other guys in 106 said things like "C'mon Denton, that's terrible!", etc. Nothing terribly out of line in my opinion, and as he's running away, up came the middle finger.

14. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Buddle was barely on. They had one defender in the middle of the box that kept him on by a yard or so, at least that's what the replay looked like.

I didn't have a clear view on the PK...but I'd think it'd have to be pretty blatant to get the call at that point of the game.

15. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where were you tonight, Mr. Bernardo? V-Army was below average.

16. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    Get his ass out of our club. That kind of behavior is unacceptable when you're playing for Columbus.

Does anyone have a starting lineup and substitutions? The matchnight webcast wasn't working for most of the night, so I didn't hear the first 11 or subs. thanks.

17. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    it will be up in a second...

http://www.huntparkinsider.com/news/063004_match_report.html

18. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Starters were: Busch, Oughton, Marshall, Fraser, Piece of Crap Denton, Wingert, Paule, Lagos, Maisonneuve, Scott, Buddle.

Subs were: Martino for Lagos, Ritch for Scott, Barclay for Wingert

19. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'd just like to give a huge positive shout out to Wingert and Scott for showing up today and playing like they cared.

Thank You.

20. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I saw Denton do that and was wondering if he really did give the finger to the fans.

Denton sucked, so did Wingert (he got a bit better in the 2nd half). Barclay was actually halfway decent and Martino was far and away the best player on the field all game, why the ball didn't run thorugh him all game I have no idea.

What an embarrassing way to win against a crap side.

21. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I thought Wingert was quite good, at least as good as could be expected the way our offense ran in the first half. Barclay looked pretty decent as well.

22. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    fid...your match report has Ritch scoring from Denton in the 59'. I didn't drink THAT much, did I?

23. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    scott, martino, lagos, wingert showed incredible hustle.

marshall is a stud.

denton & mais both need to go home forever. now.

24. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    General Manager Jim Smith announced post game that Crew has come to terms with it's first of two allocations. At a press conference scheduled for tommorow morning, 10am, it is expected that France international Zak Bernardo will be unveiled as a Columbus Crew player. Zak, expected to take the number 7 shirt, is widely regarded as the reason why France didn't score several goals against Greece in their Euro 2004 quarter-final. The former male model had been linked with Roma, Milan, Juventus, Olympique De Marseille, and Arsenal. However sources close to the player's agent can reveal that Zak felt his hometown club brought him the greatest opportunity for international club competitions. It is unkown how much Zak will be earning on a weekly basis, but it is expected to be around $10,000. Zak and his girlfriend, rumored to be model Paris Hilton, were unable to attend Wednesday night's match, as Paris was in Milan and Zak was at a training session, closed to the press, said to of taken place at OSU's Fred Beekman park. Obviously the media has it's concerns. Craig Merz of the Columbus Dispatch stated his concern, "Signing Zak will be tragic, I expect him to spend more time telling the Columbus Crewzers to hit the track and lose those unsightly chicken cutlets, than score goals."

25. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Couldn't be any worse then Denton