The Hardcore DC Fan Diatribe

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CHICO13, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't belong to any of the supporters clubs, and altough I've thought about joining once or twice I get the feeling I wouldn't belong. This thread reenforces that feeling.

I love DC United, I get pissed when they play poorly. I jump up and cheer when they make a good play or score.

I don't, and don't think it's right to scream swear words at the games, most certainly at other teams players.

Call me what you want, I just don't agree with some of the cheers and chants and other random screaming I hear at the games.

Does this mean I don't hate the Galaxy, or the Metrostars? Hardly...

Does this make me less of a "supporter"?

I think not...

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ah jeez... shut the fvck up!

I kid! I kid! :D

Just like Gary Coleman it takes Different Strokes...
    [​IMG]

We need any fan that doesnt come dressed as an orange seat...

3. WishHoustonHAdATeam

WishHoustonHAdATeam New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Houston Texas
    Hey did you know that DC really blow

BURN

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Absolutely NOT. There are varying degrees of fan involvment. I didn't mean to denigrate any fan that shows up and spends their hard earned bucks towards getting behind the team. I wish more "Quiet Siders" would make their presence felt and views known.

My message is, we're all in this together and if you enjoy coming to the stadium on Saturday nights and feel like you've given it your all....

Bump it up and ask the same of the team. Hard core fans sit all over the stadium. Some jump and shout, some sit back and watch the game...but we all support UNITED.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll cut you some slack cause you live in a hell hole....

Poor Bastige :rolleyes:

6. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I couldnt resist...

[​IMG]

7. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We WIN!!!!!!...We Lose.......

I am always behind the Red&Black!!!...knowing that next week we get a chance to turn around and do better....

Stokes...well I have been hard on him...but heck he has been doing better as of late..((cough-cough))...1 game.....

All $hit said......if it gives the team a kick in the a$$....well cool......if it does not...then...cool...."""whatever"".....this is a posting board for the fans...Some of us go to each game with fire in our eyes...and voices non-stop!!!!....whatever the result...win...or tie...or lose..... Yeah...bitch and moan after the game for a few days....but somehow it fades away a few days before the next game.. ---scratching chin---.......is that something or what?

D.C. Fans UNITED......Will never be Divided!!!!!!!

Drums...smoke-bombs...or....CSC skums!!!

WE will always show up!!!.....those of us who have a few beers...knowing we can cheer on OUR team to that 4th star.....so we can dish out a few more $$$$ to buy the next team shirt that comes out... ---grin---

~~~~WORM~~~~

United FAN!!!! with a United voice!!!!

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope Freddy doesn't take this personally......

9. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the preseason United for DC luncheon, Coach Nowak said something to the effect of "This season, the players will need support both on and off the field."

Fans can decide to criticize the team for poor play and not winning, no corners, no finishing, no big-breasted cheerleaders in thongs, whatever. If this team was in this position and at 100% strength, criticism would be warranted. But we have been kicked in the jimmy with injuries from before the season started. With that being said, we're one win out of first place.

Sounds to me like we need to ramp up the support machine and bring it loud and clear.

Oh yeah, and from where I sit, I think if your primary motivation for coming to the games is something besides actually watching and cheering on the the team, then you should keep your piehole shut.

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    So, Chico, are you bringing the strippers to the Scum game?

On a related note, Senora Funkfoot says she won't be singing "Kyle Martino is the pu$$y of the year" because she doesn't want to compliment anyone on the other team...

11. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an intermittent poster over here --- I'll agree. Me and MiniLB bring it every game. We are first row SE 135. You probably know us on sight. My son is 13, we've had season seats since 1996 and in the SE section the last two years. I have noticed that we get the same 50 or so hard core supporters and another group who seem to have decided that this is a good place to drink. The hard core look like they've been killed after every loss, the others just look drunk.

Both of us will be singing 2nite and every game night. Remember "Kyle Martino is the ********** of the year" and "we all laugh at the yellow football team"

I know I am --- United til I die

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm working on it.

13. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Damn, does that mean I should stop wearing the Ajax jersey to games? ;)

14. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    You gotta love that. :p
    As for this thread, I agree. Let's bring it loud and hard for 90 minutes. I expect it from the club, I expect it from us.

And Rev, I'll try and keep the shirt on. But, well.....you know. ;)

15. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Every Man, Woman and Child in the Barra walks in smelling blood in the water tonight. Everyone gives it up, the whole 90...if one of the 11 can't lead, than the 12th shall....

16. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fixed your post. ;)

Couldnt agree more! A-MEN Brother!

Perhaps it just SEEMS that way because of what has been going on inside the stadium ( or hasnt for that matter). While its true that things would be a whole lot better if things were going better ON the pitch..etc.. I do feel that if no one else can or will step up to the plate, bring it to matches, and make a difference, the only ones left who can at least TRY, collectively as one, united.. is us, the fans and supporters. At least we have a chance at making a difference, and no matter how small it might be, its still something that could make a difference.

17. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Went with the older offspring to Guitar Center and got some new percussion thingies, so we will definitely be bringing it loud. And in time. :rolleyes:

18. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    GM reported in another thread that Haydude isn't playing tonight. Now I'm PISSED!! Whom on the piss ass yellow team shall I vent on?! :mad: :mad:

19. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Who cares? Just pick someone and go for it.

Honestly, threads like this are starting to sound like Custer's motivational speech right before Little Big Horn.

Sachin

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry you feel that way Sach, if it sparks a re-newed fire from the fans I think it was worth it.

21. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope it does too. I sincerely do. It just seems like we have these threads every few weeks and the same people post that we're going to bring it. And those people do. The product on the field has been the problem, not the product in the stands.

I was out of town the past two weeks with a lot of long drives, giving me plenty of time to think. And this is my conclusion: We're (fans) are doing all we (fans) can. The rest is up to the players, coaching staff and front office.

It's pretty damn hard to get excited about a corner when you know how the last 288 (2 friggin' years) turned out.

Anyway, I'll see everyone tonight.

Sachin

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Believe it or not some of this was directed at peeps in La Barra that haven't exactly been up to Barra standards. And also directed at the team. I hope Payne reads thru this thread and draws his own conclusions. Anyways, look forward to seeing you tonight my friend.

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've never been prouder to be a member of La Barra Brava than tonight. You guys absolutely brought it....

24. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    it was rocking tonight...props to the drum circle...what a great night

25. eric6854

eric6854 New Member

Apr 20, 1999
    Virginia
    Agreed!! You guys really rocked tonite.

La Norte was a blast tonite as well. We need to make some loan offers to the Barra so we can get our numbers back up.

It's always nice to sing "Vamos United" after winning more than 1 point at home!

Amazing what three consecutive goals can do!