What a Disaster ...

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Sep 21, 2009.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Noir was pushed badly out of field, and crashed against the "carteles" ... partially tearing his knee ligaments. Out for 3 months.

With Mouche out still for a couple more weeks, and playing against Estudiantes and Velez in the next 2 rounds; with Basile trying to quit; and Roman out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle ... Boca looks more like a hospital than to a club looking to win this semester's title.

Que mufa! la cdsh! ...

2. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't basile quit?????

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They convinced him to stay.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/09/21/futbollocal/02003114.html

Boca should sell Roman and with the money make bring in some quality refuerzos. He is a polarizing figure and is dividing the club. When he was younger his skills covered up his personality but now its simply just interfering with winning. The fact that he's always injured doesn't help him at all.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Basile is hopeless now. Did they let him quit? I think they should.

I think he called the players in and asked them for more commitment, and they look at him and they are like, "este viejo de ************ se la pasa todo el tiempo chupando y fumando y a nosotros nos pide eso?"

Boca right now needs somebody who can be respected by the players. Basile completely lost it at Boca, just like he lost it at la seleccion.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll give you a few options for a Basile replacement: Ricardo LaVolpe, Nestor Gorosito, or Diego Maradona. You pick. :D

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Basile goes which he should, it'll be Cagna or Bianchi. In the meantime it's time to see who steps up and lessens the impact of all the injuries.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why should Basile go? He's only coached the team for 5 games in the local tournament!

Regarding Bianchi, he's already clarified to the dirigentes that he wouldn't take over the team if Basile leaves. Maybe in the future, but not now.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you offer to quit, then I don't want you regardless of who you are. It tells me you have way to many questions for me to be comfortable and trusting.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Exactly. If he quit it's because he realizes that he lost it.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gorosito is not bad, the problem is what he has to work with.

But I agree about Cagna. He's probably the best choice, if he wants it. But he'd have to sit down with Bianchi and get on the same page and then they'd have to clean house.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's definitely not bad.. That's why he has won soooo many titles (zero) in the seven years he's coached and did so well in River, Lanus, San Lorenzo, Rosario Central, Nueva Chicago, etc. :rolleyes: The only team he managed to do a decent job with was Argentinos Jrs. He's hated by the fans of all the other teams he's coached.

Pipo is just a horrible coach, plain and simple: not a tactical genius, not a motivational speaker, not an innovative DT.. the guy has nothing running for him.

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Guille and Cagna couldn't be coaches while Roman is still on the team ... :rolleyes:

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why not? Does Roman have a problem with Cagna?

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    That's what the reporters that cover Boca say ... from his first spell at Boca.

Roman was always pampered by Bianchi, and got priviledges that no other player had. That sparks problems with the rest of the group.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Basile is staying.

I hope he does well and makes me eat my words.

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we're stuck with him then all we can do is hope for the best, players get healthy and our pibes step up.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How bad is Riquelme's injury? Because at first they were saying between 3 and 4 weeks but later they said they weren't sure if it wasn't an old injury bothering him and so he'd miss most of the Apertura, anybody knows?:confused:

Also depending if Noir needs a surgery or not, Boca may bring another signing. Rumours say it could be Gabriel Hauce, though others pointed Lautaro Acosta as a possibility, but it won't be possible. And They won't take the chance to bring a wing midfielder...:confused: