Alex Molano to Dinamo Zagreb?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Clint Eastwood, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Alex played the first half in our 1-3 loss at home to the finnish team Kemi Kings yesterday. I'm away this weekend and didn't see the match myself, so can't say much about this performance.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    The league started today and we managed to get a 1-1 draw at home to tipped favourites Anundsjö in a match where we got a incorrect red card after 53 mins and Anundsjö had 1-0 until we tied it in the 88th min, so all in all an ok result considering how everything turned out.

Alex came on in the 31st minute after replacing fellow american Lester Dewee who got injured. He struggled a bit today imo and wasn't playing simple enough when needed. Alex is a skilled player, but sometimes he's trying to do a bit too much fancy stuff and we played a tough physical team today which maybe isn't the right team to do this against.

autobus39 repped this.
  4. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    A small update regarding Molano at Boden. He's played a total of 8 games and been noted for 2 assists and he's not quite been the player we was hoping for. He's been making it more difficult for himself and the team by dribbling way too much for most of the season.

Yesterday Alex started on the bench, but came on after 25 mins due to an injury. The first half was maybe the best he's played this season where he for once played a bit more simple and that's the way we would have loved to see him perform all the time!

But today the news came that Boden and Alex has parted ways after less than two months here and this was one reason why he was starting on the bench yesterday. Things just hasn't worked out for him here and I don't think he's been feeling good here, so this is probably the best solution for both parties.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Any news on Molano?

6. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    According to some tweets exchanged with Lester Dewee, appears he's no longer with Bodens BK.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden

Didn't you figure that out from my post above yours too? :) He left us months ago and he's still back home in Texas afaik.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  8. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    So whatever happened to Molano? Still a free agent?

9. rizvo7

rizvo7 Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I think he is in Miami,but Im not sure

10. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    No, he lives in Dallas where he's from. Not sure if he's playing anywhere though, but don't think he is at the moment.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Testudo repped this.
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still around... on trial with Wellington Phoenix in NZ:

mike4066, adam tash and Winoman repped this.
  14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was just released by the Colorado Springs Switchbacks last week. The Switchbacks are dismal this season, fired their coach, and a few days later they mutually parted ways with Molano. I saw Alex play twice. He looked good but there was something missing. I couldn't put my finger on it. There were times in both matches he was hands down the best player on the pitch and 30 mins later he was invisible. I thin k with the coaching change he wanted out. Not a bad player and hope he latch onto Wellington.

UniversalAdvice, adam tash and Winoman repped this.