Why doesn't the FO have a presence here?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by snkscore, Aug 4, 2009.

1. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Maybe this could go in my "Dear FO..." thread, but that thread has long gone off topic.

Take a look at this post:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1121783&page=11

Make sure to read down to the 3rd reply on the page for an example of what I am talking about.

I don't expect Hauptman to be on here replying to us, but from the stand point of reaching out to fans, and trying to make things better (in order to drive ticket sales) wouldn't it make sense to have someone from the FO on here replying to fans who have issues or taking questions about how to improve things (or at least explaining why some crappy things are the way they are)?

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That is an excellent question.
    I think any voice or ear from the Fire front office would be very appreciated here or the S8C boards.

Peter has done an amazing job with community building and using so many different means and methods to achieve that.

Our front office can't even do the basic media modes like billboards, or in game announcements of the next game right.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately because we don't have Peter Wilt as head of the Fire anymore. Guppy wasn't good but this Greely is worse. What was Hauptman thinking?

4. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Well, like I said, I don't really expect the GM to be on here (even though that would be cool), but why not someone from PR at the Fire, or have an intern post on there (after clearing stuff with staff) or whatever.

It blows my mind.

5. the current jerks are probably either afraid or think they're too good for it

probably correct feelings on both fronts

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately from the gm on down you have people who don't really care for soccer and especially for the die hard fans of the sport.

7. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Who knows? they might be lurking around...
    if not ,at least marketing dept..

8. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Because, like the mods of the forum, the Fire front office sucks balls.

9. firefan06

firefan06 New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Illinois
    Because they might have to actually acknowledge that there's things they could improve on.

Right now even contacting your ticket rep gets you a (very polite, of course) version of "we're right, you're wrong, and we're going to continue to do it our way."