Kyle Kaveny to Croatia?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  2. Lombard

Lombard Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Villalobos! What a blast from the past. I remember when he was, for about a month, the future of US Soccer after a Paul Gardner (I think) piece praised him as the class of the 17s after Donovan.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think that's a different Villalobos, though.

4. Lombard

Lombard Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Ah, you're right. My mistake.

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  6. manutd02

manutd02 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    This was set up through One Shot One Dream. You can find out more on their website. Basically, its a documentary that follows these kids through a try-out in the US and then through 2 weeks in Croatia where they were to play against 6 teams, including Dinamo Zagreb. Based on their facebook page, Kaveny, Pat Barton, Diego Barrera, and Gustavo Ibarra have all earned try-outs

7. drhodgie

drhodgie New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Kyle Kaveny will be playing for FK Decic, a First League team, from Tuzi, Montenegro.

I believe that Diego Barrera will also be joining him. Word is that Kyle is being offered a starting spot at center back (which they sorely need). First game is this Saturday.

8. drhodgie

drhodgie New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Decic was all set except no one told the coach. He would not add players to his team who have working out for a month and a half. Keep in mind, Tuzi is a real small town and everyone is related or knows each other. Kaveny is off to Furth, Germany for a trial with SG Quelle. They are in the Landesliga (what ever that is).
    The rest of the "One shot one dream" team (Pat Barton, Diego Barrera, and Gustavo Ibarra) are staying in Croatia and are on trail with second and third level teams.

9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Was just about to post this, thanks.

There's no record of Kaveny at Quelle yet, but here's where we can watch:

http://www.sgquelle.de/

(Click "senioren" and then "1 mannschaft" and "berichte" for the news.)

10. eskopepa1

eskopepa1 New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Gustavo Ibarra, Diego Barrera and Kyle Kaveny are back in the states. Andrew Villalobos is currently training with Hamburg. As for the other two, Pat Barton and Luca Burrola, are currently playing pro ball in Croatia.

You can check out their status and individual highlight videos on iSoccerStar.com, which is the actual team that takes players to Europe. OneShotOneDream.com is the name of the reality show that follows International Soccer Star FC.

In three years of International Soccer Star FC, there has been 15 American players that were offered trials and 8 were offered contracts.

Good On You - We need to send our players to Europe.

http://www.iSoccerStar.com/
    http://www.oneshotonedream.com/

11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    the sooner we kill off MLS the better. We can finally return to the US's golden era in the 80s.

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It looks like Kaveny ended up signing with SV Drochtersen/Assel, Marcus Storey's club, through the end of the 09/10 season.

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  14. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaveny has been released by Neustrelitz.

He is/was (June 21st anyway) apparently on trial with San Jose

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Based on various sources, but not yet the team web site, Kaveny may have moved to Wuppertaler SV for 2011/12. He appears to be (or have been) there, but I'm not sure he's signed.