big news out of NJ tomorrow

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by soccerreigns, Jul 29, 2009.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    be on the lookout for some big news out of fc sky blue! is there a coach out there that can stand up for their team?:mad: boy sky blue has picked some doozys

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about? Give us a hint? Or rumor? Or something to discuss and make up theories about (it is bigsoccer, after all)

The team seemed to be clicking much better and playing more free under Lindsey.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah, what are you talking about?

4. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rosters are frozen and contracts guaranteed at this point, so what's the conspiracy?

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no news as of noon. Are there any other SkyBlue fans (or posters in the NJ area) that have a clue what soccerreigns is talking about?

soccerreigns, you've claimed to have inside, direct contact with the players (in several posts about Sawyers) So either put up some actual info ("won't stand up for players" ... to whom? ) or leak the info to someone who will write about it or don't post about it until after stuff has been announced.

eta: cobi13, do you have any info (you've got some media contacts, right? or did you not write the articles I thought you did?)

6. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here's the big news:

After having a sex change, Ian Sawyers will suit up for the team as DIane Sawyers.

The garbage that I post is so much better than that of the genius who started this thread.

7. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe management is going to force them to wear orange skorts for their next game against Gold Pride.:eek:

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahaha. Those two suggestions are excellent.

9. Skoergal

Skoergal Member

Feb 19, 2004
    California
    Heard the same thing about big news about to come out in NJ. Lindsey resigned. Assistant coach was fired for inappropriate conduct of some sort, and Lindsey resigned, not sure in support or what, but she is gone. Supposedly they will be led by a player-coach for the last few games of the season. Something like that. Hopefully a formal announcement in the next few days will clear it up.

10. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Need I say more!!! see above...! wow head coach supports an assistant that does crap to young ladies....totally crazy!! Wow these ladies have been through so much crap....to be where they are with a possiblility of playoffs is awesome after all the things that has been done to them this year.....

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah, you could have said more... instead of waiting for some other poster.

Regardless, I'd like to know a bit more about what went down b/f dumping on Lindsey. In the few interviews I saw, the players seemed supportive of Lindsey.

And what sort of conduct is alleged against the assistant. If he got fired for dating a player, I could care less--these are adults, not youth players. People date co-workers all the time. But if there was sexual harassment, that is a different kettle (and usually subject to various employee & work place complaint or arbitration procedures).

Regardless, more staff turnover doesn't reflect very well on the ownership and their work place (or judgment). As the world turns up there...

12. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    players did like Lindsey:)..but she chose to support the assisant that has allegations agianst him and its not about dating...i agree if it was dating that is okay......I praise the ownership for taking a stand again this..and protecting a team.. i just wish the hc would have taken a stand for the team.....:mad:

its over and done with..now the team has to pull together again which they can do.. what great endurance and perserverance this team has showed though all this crap!

13. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these are adults, unless something was criminal with the assistance, She can do as she feels is right to support them... I could not find an release where an assistant was let go BTW

Sky Blue has a long history of not working well with others... the ownership is very controlling and wants things done their way or else.....

14. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably just a fan who wants to have inside info... There is one on this board that does work for Sky Blue, but she she won't talk negatively about anything with team because she has to wear the rose clorored glasses

15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    On the Sky Blue FC website ist says that the GM was shocked over the resignation of Lindsey.

What the hell is going on??? Someone with details please explain what happened.

16. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    HOLY CRAP!!! That's way too bad!! I really liked her as a coach!

17. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that there's a mention of the new assistant coach, Mike Lyons, but no mention of the old one (Joe Dorini) being dismissed, though they haven't erased him completely yet.

18. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the bewilderment continues....

19. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rumor out here on the left coast is the Lindsey will be taking a coaching position with the FCGP to finish off the season.

20. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mybee they will make her the coach for next season... that would be a nice twist to next season's drama lines

21. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there's one record that likely won't be broken soon. Three head coaches in one year.

Depending on the situation, I don't know if I necessarily have a problem with Lindsey supporting her assistant if she thought it was the right thing to do, but with only 10 days left to go in the season and the players fighting for a playoff berth, the timing was pretty crappy.

Lindsey definitely helped turn that team around.

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What the ----? Holy Sh_t, this is getting more interesting by the minute.

23. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    that would be so bad if the case..... next year would be fine but to go to another team at the end of the year...wow! .but nothing surprises me anymore.....

24. papyrus

papyrus New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    NYC
    What the #%$ happened?
    Can you please fill us in instead of keeping this a secret? if you're going to post something, don't TORTURE us with tempting tidbits and hints!!

[​IMG]

25. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Very true....but i cant say or know for sure what the allegations were agianst the assitan but if true i don't think any coach wuuld support what it is...if they are true...oh well another day in the life of sky blue....