help! Roster Dance in metro land

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by chazsoccer, Apr 28, 2004.

1. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been reviewing the team rosters on the new mlsnet site and the fantasy site - big, big differences. MLSnet says this is the 22 man roster:

Arena, Kenny
    Bonseu, Tenywa
    Bradley, Michael
    Clark, Ricardo
    DiGiamarino, Joey
    Galvan Rey, Sergio
    Gaven, Eddie
    Guevara, Amado
    Leitch, Christopher
    Lisi, Mark
    Magee, Mike
    Nugent, Michael
    Parke, Jeff
    Pope, Eddie
    Regan, Tim
    Stammler, Seth
    Taylor, Fabian
    Vaca, Joselito
    Walker, Jonny
    Wells, Zachary
    Wolyniec, John
    Ziadie, Craig

I have 3 questions -
    isn't Cornell GLEN on the team?
    and didn't Michael NUGENT retire?
    who else is missing?

Meanwhile, the fantasy site lists a bunch of guys that may or (probably) not belong on the current roster:

Bartolomeu, Edgar - ???
    David, Johnny - ????
    Flores, Gilbert - ???
    LeBlanc, Jacob - ???
    Nugent, Mike - retired?
    Occean, Olivier - didn't he go over seas?
    Williams, Richie - wasn't he waived? with the Kickers now?

So many questions...

2. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Both of these are notoriously inaccurate and/or out of date.

For the most up-to-date information, either check Metrostars.com or, even better, metrofanatic.com.

To answer your questions:

Glenn is on the team. The above roster looks pretty good, otherwise.

Bartolomeu, Edgar - Edmonton Aviators
    David, Johnny - draftee, gone
    Flores, Gilbert - developmental player, on roster, won't play
    LeBlanc, Jacob - cut/left
    Nugent, Mike - retired
    Occean, Olivier - Odd Grenland, Norway.
    Williams, Richie - Richmond Kickers

3. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    The big question is which 5 of the 23 players are roster protected. I believe Parke is developmental but am not sure. Stammler may be on injured reserve though match previews list no injuries. I'm sure Arena is developmental and Bradley is p40. Flores is DEV/TI and is roster protected. I'm not even sure if Nugent was stilll developmental before retiring.

4. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to MLSnet (a source which should be correct)

4 P-40

Bradley, Michael
    Clark, Ricardo
    Gaven, Eddie
    Magee, Mike

and one Developmental

Arena, Kenny

5. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    It is incorrect in many ways (Wolde Harris). It actually took a step back because before the change over the list included Dorman and other recent developmental signings. Clark and Magee graduated p40 after last season.

6. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I'm really struggling here to figure out who is roster protected. I've got every other team figure out but mlsnet and metrostars.com just don't seem accurate. Either Stammler is on IR and Parke is still DEV (preseason pdf said so) or someone else like Wells, Stammler, or Regan are developmental? I don't see how a player on the roster like Nugent can retire and the team site and mlsnet make no mention.

7. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable that a player like Mike Nugent can step down to such silence. Don't worry, though-- I think MLS and the Metros are saving their energy for promoting the Mike Nugent testimonial match in July, with Zidane, Ballack, Shearer, Totti, and Kahn. They're all willing to miss a couple days of Euro '04, but anything's worth it for the Nuge, y'know?

8. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I think it is disrespectful to the player and the fans to not announce he left the team. I get the way my statement is funny but my intention was that any player such as Nugent and several players lately (mostly developmental) in MLS who get signed or released ought to have it announced. The Metrostars didn't announce Leblanc (p40) or Bartolomeu leaving either (or Addo?). They didn't announce the signing of Wells or Stammler. They don't even list Stammler as injured. Most other MLS team sites keep their fans informed.

9. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    MLSNET has now updated their rosters to show Stammler as DEV but not Parke. They still list Nugent. I'll make this up - Parke was DEV until Nugent retired and then assumed that full roster space. Unless the new SI/TI's arriving late "not counting" and MLS put Magee and Clark back into p40 there still seems to be compliance issues here.