News: Massive Tour 09: July 11th Crew @ Sh!tcago

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by HSH_b, Jun 10, 2009.

1. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUS TRIP!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Details are all but finished for this trip.

We have secured the tickets & buses, and reserved rooms at a few hotels for people to make their own reservations. (Making it easier on us, and making it easier to figure out who you will be bunking with)

We will be taking two 56 passenger state of the art MCI Motor Coaches... apparently these are brand new with flat screen TV's and the works!

Lunch will be provided on the way up as will plenty of Alcohol (for those 21+ of course)

Tickets will be included obviously and Kevin (kmmc) has secured extra for those making the trek into the Red land via other means then the bus.

We are also working to secure some funding through the front office to lower the price, I'm fairly certain that they will come through with something.

Ticket, Bus, Lunch, + Complimentary Alcohol: Only $69.00 a person

We have reserved room's at to hotels, the cost being 89.99 for the Holiday Inn Express or 99.99 for the Hilton Garden Inn depending on which hotel you get. Split between 4 ways at most your paying 25.00 a person for the hotel, which is the best price I could find for a hostel in Chicago, so rather then roughing it we can just enjoy a decent hotel for the same cost!

I'll let Kevin post the information about how to contact the hotels and reserve your rooms, but please do not wait on this trip and get your confirmations in with one of us

HSH-
    Contact me (Blake) @ hshcrew@gmail.com or via PM on BigSoccer.

Crew Union-
    Contact Kevin (kmmc) @ kmmc@crewunion.com or via PM on Bigsoccer

Information needed:
    Full Name, Contact Number, Number of bus spots being reserved and your e-mail address (if its via PM)

More information will come in the following days and the price may lower.

What we will be doing this Sunday for the home game is handing out informational fliers about the trip and collecting $20.00 deposits if you wish to secure your seat. If you wish to pay in full this Sunday that is fine as well but with the short notice we want to give people the opportunity to commit as quickly as possible.

We will keep you posted once the cost is adjusted by any discounts.

As always feel free to give feedback!

2. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'll be at the game, but will not be participating in the bus trip, is it possible to get tickets without doing the trip?

3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading is fundamental, except if you're Manny being Manny. :p

4. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Haha, maybe, maybe

Sorry, I missed it I thought it said tickets for the bus... thanks though

5. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    grrr.......

But very, very enticing. about 50% sure I'll end up going to this game.

6. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My birthday is the 12th. What better way to spend a birthday weekend with fellow Crew fans in f!re land getting a win. 99% sure I'm going. Not sure whether its bus or car.

7. CaptainZ

CaptainZ Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I wasn't piss poor. Id love to attend this.

8. naas

naas Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Centerville/Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if I can make this trip. The hotel may be to expensive for me. The other Sh!tcago game is a sunday afternoon game so I don't think a hotel will be involved. I'll probably make that trip.

9. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel your pain, Though I will be saving what I can, I'd love to make another away trip, they were a blast last year.

10. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are plenty of individual tickets available for the trip.

Tickets are $20.00 and located in the visiting supporters section (Section 134) of Toyota Park.

If you would like to purchase tickets to the match please email me (Kevin) at kmmc@crewunion.com

Hotel Information
    Right now we have 30 rooms reserved for those riding the buses to Chicago. As Blake mentioned 15 are at the Holiday Inn Express and 15 are at the Hilton Garden Inn. Both hotels are located at 9 hotel campus near Midway Airport and more rooms can be reserved if needed. Within the next couple of days I should have a reservation code for people to book their rooms.

11. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007

What a beautiful area.

12. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides several restaurants and bars located within the hotel campus there is a 24 hour shuttle that will drop off/pickup at the Midway Orange Line station for those wanting to venture to one of Chicago's more beautiful areas.

13. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    In+shopper for tickets

14. ferrigamo

ferrigamo Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Springfield, Ohio
    Where is that section at? My wife and I are coming up, but I would rather not sit in the end seats if at all possible. Thanks to all you guys for your hard work in helping make this happen.

15. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The visiting supporters section at Toyota Park is section 134. It is a lower sideline section with a sight line similar to section 101 at Crew Stadium.

16. jtotheb

jtotheb Member

Apr 22, 2008
    the nati
    i'm coming to the game this sunday and would like to put a deposit down for at least two people, where should i go and when?

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're into the tailgate scene, head over to the southwest corner of the VIP (paved) lot. Look for all the big flags and ask around.

If the college bar scene is more up your alley, head over to Ruby Tuesday (a bar, and most certainly not the Ruby Tuesday you're probably thinking of) at the corner of 19th and Summit. Parking is free on the street and there's a walk from the bar to the stadium that everyone is welcome to join.

18. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you take the busses, do you have to stay overnight? The hotel is what kills me financially. I want to go to Sh*tcago, but I was hoping for a Bus There, Game, Bus Back option.

19. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded, The hotel is a financial Killer for me, that extra $25 is what I planned on spending for food and other unexpected costs...a room and a night ups both of those.

20. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    two things, i understand pinching penny's, i do.

1. It's just one night correct? If you do a 4 way split you're still talking under 100/person including ticket, hotel, transportation, and 1 of 3-4 meals (not to mention alcohol). Sounds like a good deal to me.

2. He said they're working on getting bus subsidized by The Crew and reducing price further. So you may just get your wish. Granted, maybe you guys are just saying you can't commit unless/until it's lowered.

21. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee, I wonder if the some of the people that are saying that they need this to be able to go on the trip are the same ones that think the FO has no right to tell them not to curse? Seems to me that if you scratch their back, they'll scratch yours. Remember that on Sunday when someone starts the GTFO.

22. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I don't really see the point of an overnight stay, myself. There and back again seems to work best with Chi-town... but obviously I am in the minority here, so what does it matter what I think...

23. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get my wrong it's a good deal. However I'm a rather broke College Student so in addition to the money I should be saving that I'm spending I also have to take into account cash not earned at my crappy summer job so the extra day gone hurts there too. That's just where I'm coming from I'm sure there are more than a few people in a similar boat to me, I may not be able to go even if it is lowered, but if the price jobs I'll be way more likely.

24. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a sunday afternoon game sure, but for a saturday evening game it makes more sense to stay.

25. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think outside the box here people. If the hotel is too expensive for you find some friends to go split it between more then 4 people and just party all night long and sleep on the floor. I tried to find a hostel but the price was basically the same... 25 a person and I'm sure people would of found something wrong with that as well.