Why Ryan Giggs is better than Robert Pires

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Coach_McGuirk, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    As you can imagine, this is the absolute last thing I want to be writing today, but a bet's a bet, so here goes...

Ryan Giggs is better than Robert Pires mainly because Giggs scores HUGE goals, while Pires scores but never at an incredibly important time. Giggs also plays much better defensively than Pires, always hustling to mark back and generally is the more complete player. Also, for the most part, you never have to worry about Giggs flying to the turf on a regular basis.

Hope you jackals enjoy. Now I'm off to sulk again.

[size=-2]”We may be undefeated in the league, but we just can’t beat Manchester United” – Coach McGuirk[/size]

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

FA cup Final winner '03? set up the European Championship Final winning golden goal, nah, he never plays well in big games....

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Look, phishy, I had to come up with something, and I just wrote the first thing that came to mind.

At least we've still got a Stanly Cup to worry about, right?

I'll be in mourning over this CL thing until at least 11:30 tonight when Dallas plants a big fat shutout on the Avs.

[size=-2]”We may be undefeated in the league, but we just can’t beat Manchester United” – Coach McGuirk[/size]

4. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Coach -

I really didn't think that you'd be sober enough to write your penance today. More respect from the United camp.

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Look on the bright side, 3 down and only 4 to go! (BTW the best has yet to come!)

6. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    :confused: but this one isn't even a debate or ironic. Giggs is better then Pires. Nothing bad in that. Giggs has been one of the best LW in the world for something like 10 years. His moments of genius far outshie Pires' so? :confused:

7. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Wow, first time I've seen something like this on any soccer forum. Good stuff, you got my respect. ;) Besides, Giggs was always better than Pires. :p

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, realize that he's not just doing it out of the goodness of his heart. See related posts for more info.

But in all honesty, gather ten football analysts and its unlikely you'll get more than about two of them who say Pires is the better player. Giggs may have lost a step, but overall he's still better at setting up his teammates, and better at finishing. Also great in dead ball situations, and yes he marks well too.

Either way, good post.

9. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    And, Father Ted, regarding your "Topic of the Day" that you thought about, remember that I agreed to write 7 posts about ManU and their greatness. I did not sign up to write anything positive, pleasant, or in any way good about those blue-hearted bastards from the other side of London, for reasons that should be self evident. At least I respect ManU.

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I know that much. ;) But it takes a real man to post it anyway hehe.

11. FottyLedge

FottyLedge New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    London, England
    more than a decade at the top and still going strong

12. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about some songs?

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs
    Running down the wing
    Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs
    Running down the wing
    Feared by the blues, scores for the reds
    Ryan Giggs...
    Ryan Giggs...
    Ryan Giggs!

Giggs...
    Giggs will tear you apart
    Again

:)

13. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Coach, I only said that in jest. I hope you understand that.

14. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Oh, I know, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any diabolical ideas.

15. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only is Giggs better than Pires, after last night so is Gronkjear.

16. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    Coach,

This is too high of a price to pay.

God love ya

Your not gonna have to post your photo with a RV10 kit on are you.

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Hockey in Texas? That's just sick and wrong. Stealing the Stars made it that much worse! :p

18. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gronkjear is better because of one match. What do you have to base this on? Granted, Gronkjear played well last night, but because of one match he is all of a sudden better then Robbie, I dont f!uckin think so you idiot.

19. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Not like the NORTH Stars left because the games were each attended by like 15 people .. (myself being one of them as often as possible) :)

20. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Hey, you've got the Wild now, and a new building, so the kharma is now equal again.

21. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I make any kit look good!!!!

What's not to love about a 6'2", 275 lb. ex-lineman with a shaved head shoving himself into a kit, sized extra-medium???

22. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I am so ready for this to be over, by the way.

Next week I can get back to more important pursuits, like pissing off all the "MLS guys", and giving your lot hell again.

And to whoever asked whether I had to add something to my sig because of a bet with a Chelski-ite, I have a few words:

I would never lower myself to wagering with the trolling scum, because invariably they'd just create a sock-puppet if they lost, and I'd never get any satisfaction. At least I was sure the ManU guys would: a) pay off, and, b) actually be decent about it.

Die, you Blue hearted bastards, die!!!

Whew! That felt good. Now to get back to prepping for hockey tonight.

23. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    the gıggs wıll tear ya apart agaın chant ıs awesome!

24. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Youch!! Before I slag you off in a rage-infested tantrum, I realize you are joking. Ha ha. Gronk. Hee hee. Ha ha. Hoo. Wow, I needed that.

Giggs is one of the few ManU players I respect; if he'd ever played in a major international tournament, he might have gotten a Euro player of the year. But better than Super Bob? I'll never admit to that.

25. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only gunners11 was as insightful as you! It was a joke, lighten up.