Ronaldo on performance enhancing drugs?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by truthandlife, Apr 16, 2009.

1. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know this will create a lot of controversy on this board but I wanted to see what someone thought. I haven't seen Ronaldo with his shirt off until today but I did remark that his neck looks a lot bigger than when he first started. I am very familiar with guys who are on steroids or HGH and I am wondering if Ronaldo is on a small portion of HGH for recovery and strength. You don't build muscle in a grueling season like the Premier League and that is exactly what he has done. What are your thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is such nonsense. Not because athletes don't use such items, but because of your reasoning.

Ronaldo started getting ripped... after he was fully grown. You know, he is 24 years old. Started at United at the age of 18. He had a small neck because he was still a teenager. Most people aren't built like Lebron James coming out of high school.

Boy is a work out freak who is probably smaller now then he was middle of last season.

3. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tbh I think the 'work out freak' could be quite possible, remember this is the boy that United had to stop from training more because of the fear he'd injure himself.

4. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no doubt that Ronaldo is juicing, but is that even illegal anymore?

How does everyone feel about goat cheese?

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    ewwww

But seriously - isn't Gene Doping more the deal?

I know an East German Athlete who told me all about the institutionalized doping she was subjected to in the former DDR. There is not a doubt in her mind that most if not all professional sports people are into it in one way or another.

They were doing all that in the 80's on the crap drugs of the time - no way they are better today with no drugs at all.

6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The better question is why football has such lax testing

7. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Tis actually a viable question. But if word is to be correct and he is still the last off the pitch after over half a decade of being here I doubt this to be the case ;)

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronnie is actually smaller now than he was last year. He most certainly didn't put on size since this season started. I think the fact that he's shown the signs of a rigorous year last year and a tough campaign this year seem to prove the opposite. Still, it is possible.

9. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think the thread starters proposition is clearly incorrect

For instance in rugby it is well understood that weight needs to be amassed off season, because it is very difficult to maintain muscle mass during the season... so doping players (of which undoubtedly there are many) lose weight just like anyone else. This is particularly so with young players.

10. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also wanted to say that Ronaldo is juicy, in addition to juicing.

11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Its not a viable question if there isnt acutally any real evidence other than looking at his shirt off...

Ronaldo has had a physique like that for almost two seasons now.

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Do you guys see those cock abs? Christ..

13. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Come on, you know it is viable for any opposition fan that detests him. Hell if I was an opposition fan that hated his guts I would ask the same thing. :D

Ps. Nani is cut like that too or even better and judging from his performances he sure aint using nothing to enhance. :(

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I believe every single top level footballer is on something. Pretty much the same as with any other top level athletes. What else is new... :rolleyes:

15. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    good genetics, best trainers in the world, having a life that consists of training and resting (occasional partying).

He could very well be on HGH, we'll never know and he won't get caught unless someone on the inside exposes it, but i doubt it.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Back to the thread topic.

[​IMG]

A big fan of paneer - that's quality cheese there.

17. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Paneer is awesome

18. Henry Hudson

Henry Hudson New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    sorry, double post

19. Henry Hudson

Henry Hudson New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    It came to my mind a few seasons ago... I think just before the start of the 06-07 season? Or it might have been 05-06. I recall his physique looking quite different from the season before, but I didn't check before/after photos or anything.

Quite possibly a combo of fitness regime plus drugs. Doping is probably very widespread, especially now with the way fitness, strength, stamina is so important in todays game. The testing is way too lax to catch anything. Take pro road cycling... their testing has been way more strict than basically every other pro sport for a while, and yet almost all the best riders (if not all) dope. Almost every big name rider of the last ten years has either been caught or has a lot of evidence on him it seems.

And the way things are with young footballers... they probably get doped a lot of the time without even knowing it, or at least not having a clue the names of the drugs that their team doctors are putting in them. Didn't Wenger comment on that a few years back? Of players that arrived at Arsenal testing positive for EPO from a past club. (EPO is the standard for endurance... it changed everything in road cycling 15-20 years ago)

Footballers were involved in the big Spanish doping scandal... but for some reason they kept a lid on it all, while exposing all the cyclists involved. The money in football can keep the image from being tarnished. Why has Messi been allowed to dope with HgH anyway? Because he's 'too short'?? Then there are players like Robben who lose their hair.... I'd wonder about Rooney as well, but he's been so consistently fueled/hotheaded (and not injury prone) that it seems more like he just has a naturally high testosterone.

20. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the "Baseless Speculation" forum?

21. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Ronaldo doesn't drink at all. He's stated this on more than one occassion so any partying he ever does is seldom bads for him physically.

I agree.

Anyway, Duncan Ferguson was ripped to f**k and no one asked questions of him.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to suggest such a thing. Testers come at random point through out the season with no warning and players are slected at random after every EPL game. If he was taking anything, it would have shown up by now.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Doesn't seem like too much of change, other then a natural progression due to age.

2004:

[​IMG]

2006:

[​IMG]

2007:

[​IMG]

23. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pics from Joel's Spank Bank.

24. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm far more concerned about the oompa-loompa skin he is sporting now.

25. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought this thread was a rhetorical thread?